View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 28 of 1445 FirstFirst ... 1824252627282930313238781285281028 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Orion View Post
    I wouldn't mind that, but I'd prefer Joe Casey's run to get the hardcover/deluxe etc treatment...especially vol. 2 which to me is hand-down better than the more praised 3.0
    Man, you're not kidding. I'd love a Moore collection, which would fit in nice as a prelude to Sleeper. But the direction (at the time) of Casey's run was so unexpected and awesome! Such an underrated classic.

Can someone who knows more about what is going on with Batman sort some of these trade solicits our for me. I'm seeing 3 books:

Batman Vol. 5: Zero Year-Dark City - seems straight forward
    Batman: Eternal Vol. 1 - Collects issues 1-20? What is Batman Eternal and how much does it play into what Snyder is doing on his title
    DC Comics: Zero Year (The New 52) (Batman: the New 52) - I don't even know what this is....

They all list Snyder as the author.

forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Planet View Post
    Can someone who knows more about what is going on with Batman sort some of these trade solicits our for me. I'm seeing 3 books:

Batman: Eternal Vol. 1 - Collects issues 1-20? What is Batman Eternal and how much does it play into what Snyder is doing on his title
    DC Comics: Zero Year (The New 52) (Batman: the New 52) - I don't even know what this is....

A lot of comics had a special zero year issue like Green arrow, like with the Court of owls. All these are collected in the last one you mentioned. Batman Eternal is a weekly serie, I don't think it ties in a lot with Snyder's run but it's pretty good so far
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUserName12 View Post
    Ah, I see. What did you think of the overall content of the book? How's the art and the story?
    to quote myself from a few pages back:
    I wasn't crazy about the art in the first story by Robinson, but it gets better and better later. Same with the story. It's a bit of a typicall superhero action book but one of the bests from DC. I've read it 1,5 years ago in trades, and first I thought it's OK, I like the characters and the stories are good enough, but after the first 2-3 trades I just couldn't put it down.
    If you liked for example: Johns' Flash you would like JSA too.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by victorxd1999 View Post
    A lot of comics had a special zero year issue like Green arrow, like with the Court of owls. All these are collected in the last one you mentioned. Batman Eternal is a weekly serie, I don't think it ties in a lot with Snyder's run but it's pretty good so far
    Welllll, according to the new solicits, some of the events in Eternal do affect the Batman title now that Zero Year is over!

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by frogger View Post
    They (Speedyhen) sent me an email saying I could keep the book and they sent out a copy of the Absolute Batman and Super vol 2 by first class delivery. The have really good customer support as well as some of the best prices.

The wife would be happy if this hadn't drawn her attention to the massive and growing collection of books on my desk as I ran out of shelf space months ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by GenericUserName12 View Post
    Haha, a similar situation happened to me before as well! Even though I actually purchased a new shelf not too long ago, it's already been filled and stacks are appearing on the floor next to the shelf.
    Yeah, I have exactly the same problem. My shelves are full, and I have about 10 Omnibuses/OHCs that are still in their packaging on the floor in a room specially designated as a library.

My wife generally asks me every time a new one appears if I’m going to be selling it at some point. Often the answer is no, but I sometimes add that maybe......just maybe.......

With regards to Speedyhen, I ordered a book through flubit.co.uk and they had it sent to me from Speedyhen. It took only 2 days to arrive from the order date. Now that is one “speedy hen”

I was thinking about purchasing Punk Rock Jesus, but noticed its in a Nov. Solicitation as a deluxe edition. The Deluxe edition will contain a hundred more pages, but the story itself will be black and white. I dig the original story, I love Sean Murphy's artwork, but paying double for a hardcover and a few more pages is hard to reconcile. Does anyone know the content of those 100 pages?

Quote Originally Posted by arosenbarger View Post
    I was thinking about purchasing Punk Rock Jesus, but noticed its in a Nov. Solicitation as a deluxe edition. The Deluxe edition will contain a hundred more pages, but the story itself will be black and white. I dig the original story, I love Sean Murphy's artwork, but paying double for a hardcover and a few more pages is hard to reconcile. Does anyone know the content of those 100 pages?
    I dont double dip a whole lot, but I am on this one. im trying to offload my paperback copy.

From what I recall Sean Murphy did some 10-15 additional story pages, so those will be added. And furthermore the extra's that are described in the solicitation.

Quote Originally Posted by MartinNL View Post
    From what I recall Sean Murphy did some 10-15 additional story pages, so those will be added. And furthermore the extra's that are described in the solicitation.
    Not being rude when I ask, but where is the bonus material described in the solicitation? The information I read just says new 100 pages of bonus material and cover art.

From Newsarama.com
    Sean Murphy’s acclaimed 6-issue miniseries about reality TV show starring a clone of Jesus Christ is now collected in a Deluxe Edition hardcover, with over 100 pages of new, bonus material and new cover art!
    J2 causes both outrage and adulation. Religious zealots either love or hate the show, angry politicians worry about its influence on the nation, and members of the scientific community fear the implications of cloning a human being at all, let alone the Son of God

From Comicbookresources
    Sean Murphy’s acclaimed 6-issue miniseries about reality TV show starring a clone of Jesus Christ is now collected in a Deluxe Edition hardcover, with over 100 pages of new, bonus material and new cover art!
    J2 causes both outrage and adulation. Religious zealots either love or hate the show, angry politicians worry about its influence on the nation, and members of the scientific community fear the implications of cloning a human being at all, let alone the Son of God.

From DCCOMICS

J2 causes both outrage and adulation. Religious zealots either love or hate the show, angry politicians worry about its influence on the nation, and members of the scientific community fear the implications of cloning a human being at all, let alone the Son of God.

All-New Member

Score! I just picked up the Preacher HCs for $150! Vol 2 is still in shrink wrap and all are in excellent condition! Already have the tpbs but have been wanting to upgrade. And now I bet there will be an oversized collection announced...ha.

Amazing Member

Eternal is the weekly series that Snyder is te head plotter on, it will tie into his batman stuff once Zero Year is over

Quote Originally Posted by victorxd1999 View Post
    So the DC comics Zero Year is just an assortment of Zero Year issues from different titles?

I thought the whole point of the New 52 was to simplify things but I'm always confused about what timeline I'm reading. Some seem like they take place at the beginning of some heroes careers and others take place 5 years after that and now we're going back to the Zero year (whatever that means) and now I hear we're going 5 more years into the future? Or five years from zero year?

forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

So the DC comics Zero Year is just an assortment of Zero Year issues from different titles?

I thought the whole point of the New 52 was to simplify things but I'm always confused about what timeline I'm reading. Some seem like they take place at the beginning of some heroes careers and others take place 5 years after that and now we're going back to the Zero year (whatever that means) and now I hear we're going 5 more years into the future? Or five years from zero year?
    Batman is Dc's main title. So almost every time there's a big story Dc milks it by tieing in other dc titles and collect them in trade later. Like Night of Owls, Death of the family and now Zero year
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

Incredible Member

??? = Grant Morrisons run on Action Comics (Havn't read it don't know if they put it in a time frame)
    Zero Year = Year of Batmans first appearance in Gotham,
    0 Issues = Year of whatever heroes first appearance
    Year Zero (not an official name) = Founding of the justice league
    Launch of the Nu52 = 5 Years since the founding of the Nu52 Justice League
    Us now = Were 2-3 years on since the launch of the justice league (time passing is difficult in comics, apparantly Forever Evil takes place over the course of 2 or 3 days )
    Five Years Later = Roughly 12 Years after founding of the justice league (5 + 2/3 + 5)
    Futures End = Starts Close to forty years after the justice league was founded (Thirty something years the future officially in the FCB Day tie in + (5 + 2) to account for the time lag since the founding of the justice league) then Batman Beyond time travels to the Five Years Later time frame which is (as previously mentioned) roughly 12 Years since the justice league formed.

I can understand why people can get confused, DC's naming conventions suck. But its a pet peeve of minewhen people go on about "Hero X's (usually Batman) only been around for 5 years how can they possibly have done X and Y and Z (and had a dozen teenage sidekicks)" when its only the Justice League that has existed officially for roughly 5 years in the Nu52. Its never been stated how long the various hero's have been in action prior just that their all a bit Fresh faced/Green/Wet around the ears/*insert rookie expression*.