Page 267 of 360 FirstFirst ... 167217257263264265266267268269270271277317 ... LastLast
Results 3,991 to 4,005 of 5394

Thread: Latest orders!

Quote Originally Posted by Hellboydce View Post
    Just couldn’t get into this series, I got the first HC and ended up selling it, I think it’s Brian Wood, I’m reading the Viking trades at the moment and I’m finding it a bit of a bore (and I love Viking stuff) I still have the 3 Massive LE’s to read and not holding out much hope
    same, gave up after the 2nd trade which supposed to be the best story in the series, it just didn't really motivate me to read the rest. I have Local because the ohc was cheap and everyone says it's very, very good so that might change my mind about Wood's writing.

Still, it's a great find and hope you will enjoy the series more than we did JPAR!

Quote Originally Posted by Hellboydce View Post
    Just couldn’t get into this series, I got the first HC and ended up selling it, I think it’s Brian Wood, I’m reading the Viking trades at the moment and I’m finding it a bit of a bore (and I love Viking stuff) I still have the 3 Massive LE’s to read and not holding out much hope
    I hope I'll like it. I didn't like the Massive. Sold the 3 LE's. But everybody is so possitive about DMZ that I took a chance. I can always sell it for the same or more than I paid.

And if I don't like it, it'll be the last time I bought anything from him.

Incredible Member

Picked up Deadly Hands of Kung Fu vol1/2. Looking forward to checking them out. For those interested in this type of thing, it came from IST using the packing peanuts. No issues though. Bigger box than usual and loaded full to the top with the packing peanuts.

Incredible Member Graphic Autist's Avatar

Received my copy of Thor by Simonson today. I really like the new coloring. I haven’t read most of these stories in 3 decades, and this should keep me busy for a while. My only complaint is them not showing the covers as they were originally printed.

This was my second purchase from IST. They really make sure the books won’t get damaged. Too well, ha ha.

BANNED

Finally found the JLA/Avengers collector's edition for a reasonable price, and also ended up getting the Ennis Punisher Omni.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GhostPirate View Post
    Finally found the JLA/Avengers collector's edition for a reasonable price, and also ended up getting the Ennis Punisher Omni.
    I'm after that one too. Did you manage within cover price or over?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    I'm after that one too. Did you manage within cover price or over?
    Over by a fair bit. Cover price of $75 and I ended up paying a little over $100 for the book plus shipping; not sealed, but in great shape with no dings or dents, either. Normally I hate going that far over cover on anything, but it was honestly the best price I had seen by at least $25-30 (and usually a LOT more than that) for such a good looking copy in the last 12-18 months of looking. So it felt worth it to me

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GhostPirate View Post
    Over by a fair bit. Cover price of $75 and I ended up paying a little over $100 for the book plus shipping; not sealed, but in great shape with no dings or dents, either. Normally I hate going that far over cover on anything, but it was honestly the best price I had seen by at least $25-30 (and usually a LOT more than that) for such a good looking copy in the last 12-18 months of looking. So it felt worth it to me
    Good for you mate.

I'm the same in that I don’t like going over cover. I believe I only once went over cover and that was for the Silver Surfer Omnibus. And that was also well worth it.

Spectacular Member

My first hauls of 2018 :

Quote Originally Posted by QComix View Post
    My first hauls of 2018 :

Nice haul and it looks like you have quite the collection.
    DC,I need Bronze Age Batman,Green Lantern,and Flash collected.Please,and thank you.

Very nice haul indeed! Do you have pictures of that collection? Also, is that Lone Ranger on the left? I've been wanting to get some Western, but can't decide on something.
    “We have a saying, my people. Don’t kill if you can wound, don’t wound if you can subdue, don’t subdue if you can pacify, and don’t raise your hand at all until you’ve first extended it.”

Quote Originally Posted by Enigma View Post
    Very nice haul indeed! Do you have pictures of that collection? Also, is that Lone Ranger on the left? I've been wanting to get some Western, but can't decide on something.
    That's Blueberry.

@QComix: stunning haul there. The Schuiten/Peeters Integrale is somewhat disappointing. I'd hoped it would be oversized.

@Enigma: sadly, there are not many European Westerns available in English - at least not in printed form. But if you don't mind digital, you should check out "Undertaker". Excellent new series:

http://www.europecomics.com/reading-...opean-western/

Quote Originally Posted by LordJulius View Post
    @QComix: stunning haul there. The Schuiten/Peeters Integrale is somewhat disappointing. I'd hoped it would be oversized.

@Enigma: sadly, there are not many European Westerns available in English - at least not in printed form. But if you don't mind digital, you should check out "Undertaker". Excellent new series:

http://www.europecomics.com/reading-...opean-western/
    what's the point even not doing Schuiten/Peeters in oversized?

Lovely looking haul btw. I really need to get MMPR Y1 but why is it so expensive?

Quote Originally Posted by JPAR View Post
    That's Blueberry.
    I feel a slight tinge of envy.

I came across a library copy years ago...picked it up and read a bit. Like a complete pillock decided that rather than take it out immediately and read it, that because it was so good I'd buy a copy myself. But never come across an English version at price I could contemplate without losing my sanity. And..of course..by time I went back to library their copy had mysteriously disappeared.