Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Cody View Post
    Did the windshields even break either time?
    Ah, sorry I made a mistake. The first blast sends him off the front of the truck and he catches himself. The second dual blast sends him off the back into a cars windshield, breaking it.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post

The first blast takes place at :39. The second blast is at 2:15. Both times, he takes it to the chest and caves the windshield in.
    So, that's 3 different blasts. The two I mentioned that are repulsors I guess, and the 3rd is the one at 39 seconds in this video which is some sort of gravity/tk. Which has feats itself of ripping up car sized chunks of street.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    So, that's 3 different blasts. The two I mentioned that are repulsors I guess, and the 3rd is the one at 39 seconds in this video which is some sort of gravity/tk. Which has feats itself of ripping up car sized chunks of street.
    Didn't at that at that point it seems. Otherwise the car he landed on would have been sent flying too. The crack on the windshield is mostly from the weight of his body landing on it.
    Saint Seiya Online:
    https://reborngn.com/?page=register&ref=408192
    ^-my referral

If you were in a group of people that said something like "Winnie the pooh would totally stomp Freddie Frazbear" in a fight , and all but you agreed, would that make you any less wrong for disagreeing? The gap isn't the same here as it is in my comparison, and as shown later a couple people also don't think it's a stomp. Nevertheless, instead of judging a side for the number of people are arguing for it, you should actually take part in the conversations and present things that support your way of thinking.

Although, didn't Winnie roll with Sora? I don't remember that part too well.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post

Although, didn't Winnie roll with Sora? I don't remember that part too well.
    Yeah but they never fought anything. It was mostly just happy friendship mini-game shenanigans.
    Saint Seiya Online:
    https://reborngn.com/?page=register&ref=408192
    ^-my referral

Didn't at that at that point it seems. Otherwise the car he landed on would have been sent flying too. The crack on the windshield is mostly from the weight of his body landing on it.
    Are you implying that the only way to judge this feat is based on the level of windshield collateral damage? It breaks both times he hits it. The beams strike him straight in the chest, without his shield for defense.
    - big_adventure

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post

The first blast takes place at :39. The second blast is at 2:15. Both times, he takes it to the chest and caves the windshield in.
    Am I the only one who hate watching this at 60 frames per second?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    Are you implying that the only way to judge this feat is based on the level of windshield collateral damage? It breaks both times he hits it. The beams strike him straight in the chest, without his shield for defense.
    But how good is his armour? That's not a t-shirt he's wearing.

Quote Originally Posted by moonknight11 View Post
    Am I the only one who hate watching this at 60 frames per second?
    It's disconcerting.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    But how good is his armour? That's not a t-shirt he's wearing.
    It's not remotely enough to stop a bullet, given that he's shot straight through it. It's not really all that armored, is what I'm saying.

The blasts were also enough to lift up his 240 lb strong as hell body and launch it like a toy through the air. Not 5 feet or anything, but launched back at speed, pretty much helplessly.

Couple of points there:

1: The car he hits is moving at 100kmh or so in the opposite direction of Cap. Cap's 240lb body impacts the car at perhaps the same speed in the other direction. No, the 3500lb car is NOT going to be thrown back by that impact. Not at all. Not even close. Just physics there.

2: What do you think would happen to Ollie there? Are you REALLY saying that Ollie's feats approach that? Remember, that impact did all of make Cap have to get back up.

3: A question: what do you think would happen if Cap fought Diaz? Do you really think that Diaz's punches could make Cap bleed? Cause him anything other than minor discomfort? Because they do a NUMBER on Ollie. Like: render him nearly incapable of action, clearly stun him on multiple occasions, etc. Yes, Ollie is better and tougher than Diaz, but it's not like a cakewalk for him. He out and out is getting his ass kicked in the first "loser leaves" fight, yes, Diaz eventually does cheat, but he was doing significantly better than Ollie throughout the fight. And yes, in the second fight, Ollie was waiting for the decryptor. But Diaz's shots hurt the guy. They would do nothing at all to Cap.

4. Another question: what would happen if Diggle punched Cap? Would Cap even especially react to that? Not by feats he wouldn't.

5. Another question, same kind of thing: Malcolm Merlin hits Cap. What happens? If you said "Cap KO's the guy within 2 seconds" you have the correct answer. If you said "Merlin wins ANY out of 10" then you aren't actually watching what Cap does in his pretty large body of work up to this time.

If you want to say that they have close speed and skill - too close to call - I'm fine with that. But Cap's strength, durability, striking power and endurance are just leagues above Ollie's. And that's enough here. MCU Cap has literally ALWAYS been portrayed as having significantly enhanced durability. Mooks NEVER make him feel their shots. Even significantly enhanced hits (Quicksilver, Ultron, Loki - despite the fact that he wanted to get caught, etc.) never stop him straight up. He NEVER falls and gets stunned. Never remotely gets affected by hits like that. Ollie has the cliff fall thing: but that fall didn't remotely leave him in fighting condition, and, honestly, it's a pretty serious outlier from the rest of his body of work. He's also been stunned, slowed, injured by shots from gifted human level dudes. Ollie has often looked into a situation where there are 8 mooks - mooks, not trained Hydra/SHIELD elites - or so, with Dig or others as backup, and said "we can't take this, we'll get killed." WWCapD in that situation? Yeah, he'd drop straight in.

None of this is to claim that Ollie's weak. He's kick my ass just fine. But not MCU Cap's.

Amazing Member

What does it even matter if Cap's durability feats are because of his suit or not? The suit is his standart gear.

In the Ultron video, it also showed Cap taking a clean punch to the face from Ultron. And Ultron was most certainly not holding back.

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

I almost have to separate Avengers movies Cap in my head vs solo movie Cap. He takes damage waaaay differently between the two. Solo movie Cap accrues damage, slows down, but fights on. Avengers Cap basically takes no long term damage from things like an extended beating from Ultron.

I don't think it's a rumbles worthy distinction-- all the feats should count. But man, I prefer Solo Movie Cap.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
    I almost have to separate Avengers movies Cap in my head vs solo movie Cap. He takes damage waaaay differently between the two. Solo movie Cap accrues damage, slows down, but fights on. Avengers Cap basically takes no long term damage from things like an extended beating from Ultron.

I don't think it's a rumbles worthy distinction-- all the feats should count. But man, I prefer Solo Movie Cap.
    True to some extent, but again, he doesn't slow down much, and he sure as heck doesn't slow down taking hits from things less then WAY THE HELL STRONGER than a normal in-shape dude.

This is, by the way, true for all of the Avengers characters, really: the writers and directors are different between the solo movies and the group mash-up, so the representations are a bit different, depending on plot needs. There clearly wasn't a ton of, er, call it "verification," between Thor in Ragnarok and Thor in Avengers 3. He never really does the lightning thing from the Ragnarok bridge scene, which would have let him simply WALK through the beastie army and kill every single one of them at a range of dozens of meters at least. Don't get me wrong: his feats in IW are badass, just not the SAME as what he shows in Ragnarok. Black Panther doesn't really use the "absorb then AoE with absorbed KE" thing in IW, and that would have certainly been nice in the beastie fight.