Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So....Amazonium

Default So....Amazonium

Strongest metal in the DC universe.....right?

Why is it that it's not used/mentioned more?

Why aren't villains trying to steal it? Why aren't evil governments trying to get their hands on them?

Does it even exist in Rebirth?

How is this concept not used more often?

I think it's not mentioned or explored for the same reason tech isn't allowed on Paradise Island anymore, sexism. They want to keep the Amazons primative and not let their story expand.

Quote Originally Posted by LifeIsILL View Post

Why aren't villains trying to steal it? Why aren't evil governments trying to get their hands on them?

Because we get enough of that in Marvel with adamantium and vibranium? Don't need DC doing it too.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Because we get enough of that in Marvel with adamantium and vibranium? Don't need DC doing it too.
    Amazonium predates both, if anything Marvel is copying DC.

Quote Originally Posted by Koriand'r View Post
    Amazonium predates both, if anything Marvel is copying DC.
    Didn't say copying, said we get enough of it. Maybe I am alone, but I find stories structured around various unobtainiums to be played out and uninteresting compared to other story types.

Quote Originally Posted by LifeIsILL View Post

It is, as I recall, the 8th metal with 'Nth' metal being the 9th and the new Batmanium as the 10th according to Batman: Metal.

I don't think they gave it a name, but they referred to Diana's bracelets as being made from the 8th metal, and they were instrumental in the storyline.

That's the name they gave it in the comics.

https://www.cbr.com/the-16-strongest-metals-in-comics/

Up until “Wonder Woman” #52 (by Robert Kanigher and Harry G. Peter) in 1952, it was never explained what the bracelets were made of, but in that issue, they first revealed “amazonium.” Amazonium was an indestructible metal from her home island that was made stronger by a spell from Aphrodite, and let her bracelets repel everything from bullets to energy blasts. The only things that could damage it were magical weapons. While amazonium sounds pretty awesome, it ceased to exist in the post-Crisis continuity. Now her bracelets are made of an unknown but powerful metal.
    The Amazons should be able to have their own technology and systems. I mean they should be able to progress. If they are keeping mystical creatures shouldn't they have the best tech? I don't mind the swords but guns should be something that they use for sport of things like Ares or Creatures
    Last edited by AmiMizuno; 06-06-2018 at 06:20 PM.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gaelforce View Post
    It is, as I recall, the 8th metal with 'Nth' metal being the 9th and the new Batmanium as the 10th according to Batman: Metal.

I don't think they gave it a name, but they referred to Diana's bracelets as being made from the 8th metal, and they were instrumental in the storyline.
    Glad this has been established, because I prefer Diana's bracelets (and those of ALL the Amazons) be made from it, not the shards of Zeus's Aegis. The Amazons should be responsible for discovering and utilizing the metal that can repel Darkseid's Omega Beams.

What should the metal look like in the comics?

Spectacular Member

I thought Dark Metal intimated that the invisible jet was made of the 8th metal. I cannot recall the reference to the bracelets, but my memories fuzzy.

I vaguely recall Orlando used the term Amazonium in his recent Justice League of America run.

Personally, I would love to see/have Amazonium (or feminum) used a bit more (say, the basis for Wonder Woman and the Amazons basic armor and weaponry). It would be harder/strong/more durable than the what's available to the rest of the world.

The only other metal I recall in DC history having more play is Promethium.

Quote Originally Posted by JackBNimble View Post
    I thought Dark Metal intimated that the invisible jet was made of the 8th metal. I cannot recall the reference to the bracelets, but my memories fuzzy.

I vaguely recall Orlando used the term Amazonium in his recent Justice League of America run.

Personally, I would love to see/have Amazonium (or feminum) used a bit more (say, the basis for Wonder Woman and the Amazons basic armor and weaponry). It would be harder/strong/more durable than the what's available to the rest of the world.

The only other metal I recall in DC history having more play is Promethium.
    One of the keys to beating the villain in the end was for Diana to use Hawkgirl's mace (9th metal) and strike it against her bracelets (8th metal)

It was a weird story

I remember Promethium being a thing too JackBNimble and at one time I think Cyborg's bionic and mechanical bits and Deathstroke's chainmail armor was weaved from it.

I'm for keeping the Diana's a bracers made from the aegeus of Zeus and have the rest of the Amazons bracelets and some tech made from Amazonium.

Hey if we can have Nth metal take center stage, we can certainly elevate 8th metal too.

Spectacular Member

It was a weird story
    To say the least... Haha.

Quote Originally Posted by WonderScott View Post
    I remember Promethium being a thing too JackBNimble and at one time I think Cyborg's bionic and mechanical bits and Deathstroke's chainmail armor was weaved from it.

I'm for keeping the Diana's a bracers made from the aegeus of Zeus and have the rest of the Amazons bracelets and some tech made from Amazonium.

Hey if we can have Nth metal take center stage, we can certainly elevate 8th metal too.
    Yeah, WonderScott. My impression was that Promethium was created/used a lot during The New Teen Titans with Wolfman and Perez. Aside from Cyborg, I recall Plasma having a Promethium related origin. Or perhaps that was one of The Hybrid? (I'm so carbon-dating myself...)

Agreed: I'd prefer that Diana's bracers/vambraces/bracelets be mythic and made from the Aegis. While the rest of her armor and those of the Amazons be made of Amazonium.

Why not just have Athena or just bless her bracelets to be as powerful as the shield? Or the blacksmith black upgrading her braclets? One of the weirdest ideas I have is the Amazons how made their metal into their clothes so Diana's outfit can't just be torn or anything. Any armors liek swords or every some base parts of your armor liek their skirts or parts are made from the Amazonium due to them guarding Ares or Doom gate.

There are various other DC metals, like Inertron, Supermanium, Shazanium, And Captain Marvelium.

Feminum only exists in the TV Wonder Woman series.

I have always loved Amazonium and want to see it utilized more.

Wasn't the Invisible Plane made of an alien Laniskian metal/material?
    Last edited by Phoenixx9; 06-08-2018 at 05:16 AM.