Page 422 of 555 FirstFirst ... 322372412418419420421422423424425426432472522 ... LastLast
Results 6,316 to 6,330 of 8323

Thread: Game of Thrones

Formerly Blackdragon6 Emperor-of-Dragons's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Sigh... After this episode, the possible leaks for the ending, and a bunch of theories... It seems like there's just no way this is gonna end well for Dany, and I just hate it. I hate it so much. Even though I haven't cared much for the latest seasons of GOT, I realized I'm still deeply emotionally attached to her character. The thought that she's most likely gonna die, tragically, just kills me. While I also enjoyed the rest of the story, Dany was THE thing for me. She's what really hooked me on the show, and the books(though, to be honest I never finished them..........). So, in a way she'll always be the protagonist in my eyes. Not Jon, not anyone else. It hurts me so much to see how they're constantly having her painted on a bad light to favor him. How every little thing she does is a hint that she's supposedly going mad. How having ambition for the throne is now apparently a thing to be frowned upon and we should only accept the real good guys who don't care for it...

I wish I could just blame it all on the shitty writers, but, George already said that the ending for the main characters is gonna be the same in the books... But, no matter what, I'm always gonna be loyal. #TeamDany til the end. When she dies(which I hope I'm wrong about but I'm already accepting as a reality in my head), the part of me that pretty much grew up watching this show(yeah, not recommendable, I know...) is gonna die too, and I'll just be forever in grief.

Sorry to derail the thread with this super dumb emotional rant, but I needed to vent somewhere... And I guess I thought this was a better option than reddit.
    They draw a line around Daenerys that they dont draw around anybody else.
    They have two morality sets, one for Daenerys and a far looser for the rest of the world..

That's one of my biggest issues with how she was written

The death of that dragon was BS. How did Dany not see any of the ships from her aerial advantage? Why did neither dragon open fire on them. The way Euron was able to obliterate those ships was ridiculous. The ships had no defense or offense? Really?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    That sounds horrible lol

There is nothing hinting towards that. Everything is still lords, bending the knee, wards, ect
    Well if you're looking for a historical precedent, feudalism came to end not from some sudden political revolution but through a gradual process as increasing urbanization and commercialization drained wealth and power away from the hands of aristocratic landowners and into those of the newly formed middle class of wealthy merchants, craftsmen, and financiers. In the show, these elements have already been in place since the beginning, since the Westeros we have seen is far more technologically advanced and connected with the outside world through trade and cultural exchange than medieval Europe ever was. We have been show repeatedly that scions of noble houses more often than not turn out to be worthless nitwits, and that power hungry commoners are effectively in control of most of the day to day affairs of the realm, since the great lords can't be bothered to do anything else but squabble among each other. I feel like the story is heading toward Jon ultimately ending up on the Iron Throne, but being the type of guy who never wants to upset anyone, he'll basically rule by letting everyone do whatever the hell they want. In time this would eventually evolve into a constitutional monarchy, with the real power in the hands of industrial oligarchs just like in our timeline.

Formerly Blackdragon6 Emperor-of-Dragons's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    The death of that dragon was BS. How did Dany not see any of the ships from her aerial advantage? Why did neither dragon open fire on them. The way Euron was able to obliterate those ships was ridiculous. The ships had no defense or offense? Really?
    Typical Euron writing. him and his teleporting stealth ships lol. His Villain Sue plot armor is infuriating.

That sounds horrible lol

There is nothing hinting towards that. Everything is still lords, bending the knee, wards, ect
    There are leaks of those actors filming a scene with Tyrion at the Dragonpit, purportedly to be Tyrion's trial and subsequent execution. Not so far-fetched unless it's one of the fake endings that were reportedly filmed. Plus, the North, Iron Islands and already want or consider themselves independent kingdoms. It's not too big a stretch that the show ends with Westeros doing away with the centralizing power of the Iron Throne. Especially if King's Landing is reduced to ashes.
    MAGNETO was right,TONY was right, VARYS was right.

Proud member of House Ravenclaw and loyal bannerman to House Baratheon

"I am an optimist even though I am told everything I do is negative and cynical" --Armando Iannucci

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor-of-Dragons View Post
    Typical Euron writing. him and his teleporting stealth ships lol. His Villain Sue plot armor is infuriating.
    Euron has become the new Ramsay: an essential death gate for more interesting characters. Here's hoping he gets ripped in half by Drogon. Death by fire would be too boring for him.

"I am an optimist even though I am told everything I do is negative and cynical" --Armando Iannucci

For honor... Madam-Shogun-Assassin's Avatar

I generally dislike TV shows. This is why... years feel wasted on a "meh" ending lol
    '

*laughs in series finale of LOST*

So eagle-eyed viewers noticed the friggin' Starbucks cup left on the table circa minute 17 in the episode last night. Even the editors can't be arsed anymore with this show. All hail Jon Snow, the White Wolf, King in Da Norf, Drinker of Pumpkin Spice.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellion View Post
    There are leaks of those actors filming a scene with Tyrion at the Dragonpit, purportedly to be Tyrion's trial and subsequent execution. Not so far-fetched unless it's one of the fake endings that were reportedly filmed. Plus, the North, Iron Islands and already want or consider themselves independent kingdoms. It's not too big a stretch that the show ends with Westeros doing away with the centralizing power of the Iron Throne. Especially if King's Landing is reduced to ashes.
    Huge difference between decentralizing power and a democracy type thing

decentralzing just means there are individual kingdoms... still kingdoms though
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by Madam-Shogun-Assassin View Post
    Not every show can bow out classy like The Wire or Friday Night Lights...

Yeah, never watched it.

GOT I binged this year just because I "knew" it was ending. I generally like fantasy and swords and magic and ****

This is probaly the first multi season show i've watched TBH. I relaly don't generally like TV shows

I didn't like it nearly as much as other people... but this season is just... odd. Just feels like something is off.

Still not as bad as that Sandsnake stuff though. Yeesh

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by Hellion View Post
    Not every show can bow out classy like The Wire or Friday Night Lights...
    It's true, I feel like a lot of TV shows just don't have a long term plan. Some just hide it a lot better than lost did. But even then while not perfect some shows had some pretty solid endings. I remember thinking that the ending of The Strain was surprisingly satisfying, same with The aforementioned The Wire, and Deep Space 9.

It's true, I feel like a lot of TV shows just don't have a long term plan. Some just hide it a lot better than lost did. But even then while not perfect some shows had some pretty solid endings. I remember thinking that the ending of The Strain was surprisingly satisfying, same with The aforementioned The Wire, and Deep Space 9.
    HBO's original plan was 2, 10 episodes seasons

It needed that.

The show was so methodical pacing wise that it just feels crazy rushed right now

Yeah, never watched it.

GOT I binged this year just because I "knew" it was ending. I generally like fantasy and swords and magic and ****

This is probaly the first multi season show i've watched TBH. I relaly don't generally like TV shows

I didn't like it nearly as much as other people... but this season is just... odd. Just feels like something is off.

Still not as bad as that Sandsnake stuff though. Yeesh
    The Sandsnakes is a perfect example of D&D rushing things just so they can be done with it. A lot of GoT later issues was avoidable even without book material. But D&D was over the show after about season 5.

HBO's original plan was 2, 10 episodes seasons

It needed that.

The show was so methodical pacing wise that it just feels crazy rushed right now
    Also if D&D had properly adapted Dorne, The Greyjoys, and more of the northern houses they would have had enough material to get at least 3 more full seasons, plus that would have given time for GRRM to at least get most of Winds of Winter done so D&D could draw more info from that book. Something I think GRRM wanted. But D&D was like nope. They could have had a truly epics TV series.
    Last edited by Madam-Shogun-Assassin; 05-06-2019 at 07:42 AM.