Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    Emma hasn't confirmed she and Cyclops aren't having sex.
    …She also hasn’t said they are either and until it does get confirmed I’m going to lean towards “Am not currently fucking.”

Especially given her comments in the lead up to the Hellfire gala essentially confirmed they are in fact, not fucking.

Storm accused Emma of wasting her time in the Moon and Sinister Secrets told us that Scott was fine with Logan/Jean because he has a similar deal.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Also, Emma said in Immortal X-Men she recently begun to sleep in diamond form and Scott hates that.

Astonishing Member

Okay, I just misread the “This is the way he chooses to *^%% me?” Line in Hellfire gala then.

Quote Originally Posted by Saithor View Post
    Okay, I just misread the “This is the way he chooses to *^%% me?” Line in Hellfire gala then.
    Do you suppose Scott and Emma were sleeping together,.but not having sex? Or when they both arrive late together at X-Men #3, they were taking long walks together at the beach? That.was just a funny line, because he did f... Emma over metaphorically that time

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    Do you suppose Scott and Emma were sleeping together,.but not having sex? Or when they both arrive late together at X-Men #3, they were taking long walks together at the beach? That.was just a funny line, because he did f... Emma over metaphorically that time
    Weirder things have happened in this book. This current run is predicated on the idea that a supporting character with a maybe there/maybe not Scottish accent was secretly a timeline resetting mutant who had a plan with Charles, Erik, and the Nazi the last forty years of comics.

Also I don’t think I read #3, I read #1, stuck to review threads, picked it back up around the Halloween issue. Which I am still disappointed over. Where is my Headless Cyclopsman?!

Edit: Also I assumed it got retconned out during the Hickman’s gone, we need to defuse these land mines period right after that.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoodj View Post
    Yes, i read current xmen from time to time but from the Byrne era or even some else worlds, I feel Scott is the most pathetic superhero in comic books thanks to seemingly having a true love and equal soul mate bond with fellow x-man vet Jean Grey but is freaking tarnished and overshadowed by super badass money making claw n carnage super brute Wolverine and serving his woman to him on a silver platter. Other than Reed Richards and his drama with Sue about Namor, this element is what is keeping me from being a true fan of the character. A hero is supposed to be inspirarional and beyond reproach in being undeserving of having less aspiring faults(about their relationships with their girlfriends) compared to other men that show repulsive and inadequate traits to the audience to make the hero a great person to root for, and for the obvious pick for women. But alas i just see Scott known for being a third wheel to a couple he has to prop the bad boy and serve as "ntr" fuel for those ******* and edgy audience types who like Han Solo and Tony Stark, which is a shame, Scott with Jean helps me appreciate him more as a fully well rounded character as it shows his principles to do the best he can with people he cares about without adapting to extreme edgy ways, but every time he loses his woman to Logan or adds Logan to his plot, he starts becoming a try hard edgelord and weakly wants to size him up by being a douchebag as he lets Jeans attraction to Logan get to him, this is evident in the Ultimate X-men comics for example.

The poly thing is just a big no for me. He wants to screw or let jean be screw by a nigh immortal killer vet and husky body hair dwarf. Id take doom cucking Reed over this, at least reed is constant with his indifference with Sue.
    terrible post that gets nothing right. Scott is 100% a hero and not pathetic at all. The man led an entire nation.

IDK I feel the only writer still doing the poly thing is Ben Percy because everyone else has ignored it aside from him. Seems like it was done for laughs in a throwaway panel at the end of Hickmans first X-Men issue and Percy took that ball and ran with it to the point where he has turned Jean into a caricature in both X-Force and Wolverine. I wouldn't put too much stock into it. That said I don't think X-Men is for someone like you.

BANNED

Eww.

Also, the only reason it was called the Summer house when Jean is the one who died on the moon is Hickman has his woman issues.

Quote Originally Posted by BESTXMAN View Post
    IDK I feel the only writer still doing the poly thing is Ben Percy because everyone else has ignored it aside from him. Seems like it was done for laughs in a throwaway panel at the end of Hickmans first X-Men issue and Percy took that ball and ran with it to the point where he has turned Jean into a caricature in both X-Force and Wolverine. I wouldn't put too much stock into it. That said I don't think X-Men is for someone like you.
    I mean Percy literally believes that he's Wolverine so it's not shocking.
    The Krakoans are EEEvil!

THEY MUST BE STOPPED!

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    Eww.

Also, the only reason it was called the Summer house when Jean is the one who died on the moon is Hickman has his woman issues.
    Or...hear me out...because everyone living there apart from Logan is a Summers.

Quote Originally Posted by BESTXMAN View Post
    It wasn't for laughs, and he's not only writer to address, as was pointed out in this thread. That said, about Percy...

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoBandz View Post
    I mean Percy literally believes that he's Wolverine so it's not shocking.
    Yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    Eww.

Yeah, if you ignore that Gabriel, Alex, Cable and Rachel lived there your point makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    I find the whole Scott-Logan rivalry boring and dated. The updated version of it, that Ewing came up with in X-men Red between Cable and Thunderbird, is much fresher and has more potential as it's not stale and played-out like Scott-Logan. To me the only really good thing about the polyamory relationship that Scott-Jean-Logan have now is that it finally put that rivalry to bed (literally). But if I'm being honest here, I don't find the throuple all that interesting just because its unconventional like some do. I do feel like Jean and Logan have more chemistry than her and Scott, and Scott has more chemistry with Emma so I prefer them as a couple myself. And after reading some off the wall stuff like the Wolverine: The Best There Is series where Logan and Dazzler screwed, and today's X-Terminators issue #1, I'm starting to think Logan and Dazzler would be a more fun couple than he and Jean. But maybe that's just me... after all, my first exposure to the X-men was the old six-player side scrolling arcade game which had Logan and Dazzler (along with Scott, Nightcrawler, Storm and Colossus).
    I think people often Mistake Passion or Lust for Chemistry. Scott and Jean have more Chemistry cause they Know one another to a T Whilst Logan has underestimated Jean Multiple times. When it comes to Chemistry Scott and Jean are Chocolate, Logan and Jean are just Caffeine.

Quote Originally Posted by Lokimaru View Post
    I think people often Mistake Passion or Lust for Chemistry. Scott and Jean have more Chemistry cause they Know one another to a T Whilst Logan has underestimated Jean Multiple times. When it comes to Chemistry Scott and Jean are Chocolate, Logan and Jean are just Caffeine.
    While I'm not a fan of either pairing, the fact that Scott and Jean know each other to a T is a point against them to me, and I'm sure many others. The best couples in comics, and fiction really, work because they're different, though just similar enough to be a completely random pairing. As they're written most of the time when they're together, there's simply zero difference between them- everything they've done since the start of Krakoa shows no conflict or disagreement, to the point most actions of both were together or could easily be done by one or the other.

This is a point I think is lost on most writers as well, that couples shouldn't be selected on "whose characters I like most" or "who was my favorite pairing growing up", and Scott and Jean offer not much if at all. Hickman put them together, with the side relationships, clearly to a) Have people stop asking who they will be (answer: with each other and the others, now stop bothering me) and b) Because he clearly intended for the Krakoan modern family to fall apart in conflict ("there's not a lot of love left in these islands" was a pretty on the nose foreshadowing about the future), but he left and writers either didn't pick up or weren't interested in that.

Ironically, if they wanted to exploit conflict and have them be more different, there would be an easy way to do it: just have Cyclops be more militant and suspicious of Xavier, as he was in around the Decimation/Extinction era (and there's more than good reasons to it), which would be a contrast to Jean and something she never saw and might not accept (particularly since she was always Xavier's pet and never burned by him, like Scott was), but editorial already made clear how much they HATE that portrayal of Cyclops, and dedicated Rosenberg's run that preceded House of X to give the middle finger to anyone that liked it.

Astonishing Member

The issue with millitant cyclops is that there’s too much whiplash. It was bad during the “Worse than Hitler” material which was a goddamn trip, but going to that to this era where Apocalypse went around without any side-eye besides the best Cajun has got to be one of the prime examples of tonal whiplash ever.

Well that and burying what Bishop did.

There was clearly something intended with the Polycule, it fell through, the writers aren’t addressing it because probably the last thing anyone wants is to restart those shipping wars all over again.