Page 86 of 88 FirstFirst ... 367682838485868788 LastLast
Results 1,276 to 1,290 of 1306

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    It is interesting that the only story Barbara will be Batgirl is where she will likely be a love interest for the protagonist.

That makes me thing, DC plans to focus on Oracle role for Barbara, while she is Batgirl in Nightwing just because they want the battle couple trope for that comic.
    Again, it seems like Taylor is advertising her as more than just a love interest for Nightwing.

Whether that's seen in the execution is a whole 'nother matter.

I wonder, is this Robin (in Tales from the Dark Multiverse: Crisis on Infinite Earths) supposed to be Babs? Dick was killed earlier in the issue, and this was Dick's last costume in the original pre-Crisis JSA comics.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Barbara is still Batgirl in Nightwing (she is Oracle too).

It is interesting that the only story Barbara will be Batgirl is where she will likely be a love interest for the protagonist.

That makes me thing, DC plans to focus on Oracle role for Barbara, while she is Batgirl in Nightwing just because they want the battle couple trope for that comic.
    Honestly Babs is better love interest for Nightwing as Oracle then Batgirl. Oracle should get the hottest guy of the the DCU.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    I wonder, is this Robin (in Tales from the Dark Multiverse: Crisis on Infinite Earths) supposed to be Babs? Dick was killed earlier in the issue, and this was Dick's last costume in the original pre-Crisis JSA comics.
    Red hair? Yeah, it's probably Babs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Honestly Babs is better love interest for Nightwing as Oracle then Batgirl. Oracle should get the hottest guy of the the DCU.
    They've definitely been more will they or won't they with her as Batgirl. All those kisses that never went anywhere...

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    I'm curious if Oracle had her own suit and not be both Batgirl and Oracle. What would you guys think it would be?
    Barbara Gordon is my favorite Batgirl but I don't see why they don't make Oracle her costume title also.

I understand that it may limit her chances of getting a solo title, but if she gets to be the woman in the chair in Batman and Detective, but also gets to suit up now and then in Nightwing and BOP/Batgirls book I think that is a reasonable compromise.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by ZuLuLu View Post
    Barbara Gordon is my favorite Batgirl but I don't see why they don't make Oracle her costume title also.

I understand that it may limit her chances of getting a solo title, but if she gets to be the woman in the chair in Batman and Detective, but also gets to suit up now and then in Nightwing and BOP/Batgirls book I think that is a reasonable compromise.
    Honestly, they could use her current Batgirl suit as an Oracle suit, since it is different from a "traditional" Batgirl suit.

Now, Batgirl or not, the chances of Batgirl getting a solo in the short term are little.

DC is cancelling books that don't sell good like Batgirl. I am surprised there is still a Nightwing ongoing, but I guess they have more expectatives for Nightwing.

It wouldn't be surprising if DC has put Barbara in the Oracle role again, because they want her to be relevant (since she wouldn't have a solo anymore).

Batgirl gives more oportunities than Oracle, because Barbara as Batgirl could have a solo. However, when Barbara becomes a supporting character, Oracle gives Barbara more possibilities to be relevant (since she as Batgirl would just be another female street fighter in Gotham).
    Last edited by Konja7; 12-21-2020 at 11:20 AM.

I mean I wonder if Dc not cancelling Nightwing is more to do with maybe Nightwing being more popular? I mean if they do use her Batgirl outfit. What changes should they make

I am happy Babs is still Batgirl, but I want to see her more as Batgirl. Just getting little cameos here and there isnt enough for me. I like that she is doing both roles as Oracle and Batgirl but I want more Batgirl.
    I also hope they change her costume or at least give her the cowl back.
    Id love her Three Jokers costume to become her main continuity costume, that one is gorgeous.

I do wonder if she'll have a new look for Nightwing. She hasn't been seen in any of the released art and she was in civvies as Oracle on the big splash page of characters for Batman.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I do wonder if she'll have a new look for Nightwing. She hasn't been seen in any of the released art and she was in civvies as Oracle on the big splash page of characters for Batman.
    Most characters have mantained their current suits. So, I think Barbara will mantain her current Batgirl suit for a while.

I like her suit but hate that it is missing her cowl, they should at least add her cowl.

Most characters have mantained their current suits. So, I think Barbara will mantain her current Batgirl suit for a while.
    I guess it depends on the artist/Taylor. Black Canary just changed her look.

But if she is doing both Batgirl and Oracle. Shouldn’t have outfit reflect that? What would a Outfit that reflects Babs as Batgirl and Oracle?

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    But if she is doing both Batgirl and Oracle. Shouldn’t have outfit reflect that? What would a Outfit that reflects Babs as Batgirl and Oracle?
    The hi-tech suit from Arkham Knight?

Yeah, she needs a gauntlet that contains a pocket computer, so she can do Oracle stuff while out on patrol as Batgirl.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman