Page 94 of 228 FirstFirst ... 4484909192939495969798104144194 ... LastLast
Results 1,396 to 1,410 of 3417

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Shaw View Post
    Even overpowered by the lightning, Iron was having problems. Plus, Thor was clearly holding back.
    It wasn't the balance of the fight that irritated me, it was the fact that they had Tony powered up by lightning.

The blast literally tore holes in his armor, but we're supposed to believe that it not only *didnt* fry all his circuits, but supercharged them?

I'd have much rather seen Tony use his brains to out-think Thor and stay in the fight with cunning (and still be on the losing end and Thor still be holding back) than just get a cheap power-up that made no sense.

I mean, this is a nitpick, I enjoy the movie a lot and this minor thing doesnt ruin anything for me, but I still think it was dumb.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    i wish the celestial juice would have amped up Drax a bit.
    Blame it on the alcohol Drax consumed prior.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    It wasn't the balance of the fight that irritated me, it was the fact that they had Tony powered up by lightning.

The blast literally tore holes in his armor, but we're supposed to believe that it not only *didnt* fry all his circuits, but supercharged them?

I'd have much rather seen Tony use his brains to out-think Thor and stay in the fight with cunning (and still be on the losing end and Thor still be holding back) than just get a cheap power-up that made no sense.

I mean, this is a nitpick, I enjoy the movie a lot and this minor thing doesnt ruin anything for me, but I still think it was dumb.
    Some things I just chalk up to comic book science.

Astonishing Member Blind Wedjat's Avatar

I think one minor problem with some fights in the MCU is consistency, or a lack thereof. In IM1, Tony's final armor can send grown men flying with a single punch and can fly at supersonic speeds. I don't remember Iron Man feeling that powerful again. We've seen Thor take on the Hulk (while obviously trying to not kill him) but yet he doesn't even land one good hit on Kurse (whose feats prior to that fight was basically handling fodder). Half of the speed, fighting skill and strength Thor used in Jotunheim in his first movie, we've never seen him use ever again in an actual fight. I think the only character so far that has been consistent is Black Widow. She's still mowing down fodder as effortlessly as she did in IM2 lol

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

I will be sad to see Chris Evans go. He was an awesome Cap. He showed you can make a hero dynamic without making him an anti-hero.

In regards to Guardians 3, would anyone welcome Christian Bale as Adam Warlock?

That casting just popped in my head yesterday.
    Yeah, Chris Evans has been a great Captain America. As for Bale as Adam Warlock? Well, as long as no-one stands in his light I'm sure he'd be fine

Niffleheim

I will be sad to see Chris Evans go. He was an awesome Cap. He showed you can make a hero dynamic without making him an anti-hero.

In regards to Guardians 3, would anyone welcome Christian Bale as Adam Warlock?

That casting just popped in my head yesterday.
    Christian Bale works with auteur directors and Marvel Studio rarely hires them.
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

Astonishing Member Blind Wedjat's Avatar

GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY VOL. 2 Director James Gunn Reveals How Ego The Living Planet Takes On A Human Form

Ego is a living planet who is able to manifest himself in different ways he’s been alone for millions of years and he’s learned how to control the molecules around him in such a way as to create avatars of themselves, such as Kurt Russell," says the filmmaker. "I think Ego was a very lonely character out there by himself and went off in search of love and perhaps found it in Quill’s mother.
    https://www.comicbookmovie.com/guard...n-form-a149657

Still can't wait to see him in planet mode .

Quote Originally Posted by Blind Wedjat View Post
    I think one minor problem with some fights in the MCU is consistency, or a lack thereof. In IM1, Tony's final armor can send grown men flying with a single punch and can fly at supersonic speeds. I don't remember Iron Man feeling that powerful again. We've seen Thor take on the Hulk (while obviously trying to not kill him) but yet he doesn't even land one good hit on Kurse (whose feats prior to that fight was basically handling fodder). Half of the speed, fighting skill and strength Thor used in Jotunheim in his first movie, we've never seen him use ever again in an actual fight. I think the only character so far that has been consistent is Black Widow. She's still mowing down fodder as effortlessly as she did in IM2 lol
    I actually think they have been very consistent.

- Kurse strength was just keeping with the comics.

- Thor can't use a lot of his powers if he is surrounded by people. Why is why I am hoping the gladiator arena allows him to unleash a good bit.

- I don't think Stark has fought any normal humans post IM1... he really only fought drones in IM2 and he was fighting extremis dudes in IM3. Avengers he seemed to mow down Chitauri and Ultron bots just fine

IM seems to be the only character that fluctuates though. Normal humans get wrecked by peak humans (bucky obliterating well... everyone but stalemates tchalla, T'challa punking Clint), peak humans got wrecked by Spider-Man (poor bucky), and Thor/Hulk are just on a whole other level.

IM floats between the peak humans and thor hulk just based on what armor he is in and how damaged that armor was. CW made it very clear i the final fight that his armor was damaged before he took both bcuk and cap on.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Ultimate Member

They were also fighting in an underground bunker, so Tony couldn't fly or maneuver around nearly as much. Plus he wasn't trying to kill Cap (only Bucky).

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    They were also fighting in an underground bunker, so Tony couldn't fly or maneuver around nearly as much. Plus he wasn't trying to kill Cap (only Bucky).
    The whole "analyze fight pattern" and then "now kick his ass" thing was like...

whoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooaaaaaaaaaa holy shit didn't see that coming lol

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

so they announced the venom movie for oct 2018....

GD it sony

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    so they announced the venom movie for oct 2018....

GD it sony
    I'm still just trying to process the idea of Sony just making a standalone Venom movie .

But hey, at least we've got a Miles movie to look forward to .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'm still just trying to process the idea of Sony just making a standalone Venom movie .

But hey, at least we've got a Miles movie to look forward to .
    You think they're gonna go 90's Lethal Protector Venom or Flash Thompson "Agent then Spaceknight but we don't talk about that." Venom.

Quote Originally Posted by Overhazard View Post
    You think they're gonna go 90's Lethal Protector Venom or Flash Thompson "Agent then Spaceknight but we don't talk about that." Venom.
    Flash is already cast though....

and you can't do Flash Venom without establishing the relationship between Peter and Flash... and establishing the relationship with the Venom and Peter and and with Venom and Brock

and dIloooooooooooooooooove Agent Venom but it is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too early to pull that off andhave it mean anyting

this is just dumb