Page 11 of 182 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161111 ... LastLast
    Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El View Post
    I'd like to start posting some cool gifs from the 60s cartoon. Wonder if the board will take them. This is a test. From the 60's cartoons, a time displaced Namor in Rome is condemned by emperor Nero to die as a sacrifice to the fire demon.
    Oh my. That works very well indeed.

I don't remember this episode. Is it from Namor's cartoon, or one of the others?
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Mighty Member

From Namor's 60's cartoon. A time displaced Namor fights a gladiator in emperor's Nero's arena.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    Oh my. That works very well indeed.

I don't remember this episode. Is it from Namor's cartoon, or one of the others?
    This is from Namor's cartoon from the 60's, the last episode of the series. The episode starts in Atlantis at a children's classroom. The teacher is giving atlantean children a history lesson and starts telling this story about how Namor while fighting a mad atlantean scientist gets displaced to ancient Rome and ends up confronting emperor Nero.

This is from Namor's cartoon from the 60's, the last episode of the series. The episode starts in Atlantis at a children's classroom. The teacher is giving atlantean children a history lesson and starts telling this story about how Namor while fighting a mad atlantean scientist gets displaced to ancient Rome and ends up confronting emperor Nero.
    That's interesting. That must have been original art created for that episode then. The rest of the episodes were lifted from Gene Colan's Tales to Astonish, weren't they?
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

OMG. Preview day is the best day!

AV club has a preview of the first issue up!

https://www.avclub.com/namor-caves-u...s-1-1831676325

Namor caring about surface dwellers? Somebody call the presses!

Impressed, am I not?

Once he came over to the Invaders' side, he was changed. He liked any number of surface dwellers, at least the heroes he fought with.

Mighty Member

That's interesting. That must have been original art created for that episode then. The rest of the episodes were lifted from Gene Colan's Tales to Astonish, weren't they?
    Most were but there are some that were created for the tv series.

Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

I'd like to start posting some cool gifs from the 60s cartoon. Wonder if the board will take them. This is a test. From the 60's cartoons, a time displaced Namor in Rome is condemned by emperor Nero to die as a sacrifice to the fire demon.
    Gosh I love this show, and I have been meaning to gif this whole series just for fun but haven't found the time. Thanks for posting it!

You'll still get some Greg Land, Thor-El, but in the Cap story.

I agree. The iconic green trunks are truly impressive. I'm not sure about Magno, but we'll be getting Butch Guice's iconic Namor in the flashbacks. His style has some similarities to Coker's -- the use of dark inks. I think they'll be nicely done.
    I think Magno is ok but his style is very different from what I like, I'm going to have to say that I am a Coker gal now because that preview what sooo good. I love it. Also I'm looking forwards to more Guice, that preview is wonderful! Their art is so beautiful and of course Namor in a speedo is the best Namor.
    "No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

Most were but there are some that were created for the tv series.
    I didn't realize that. Now I need to watch them again... except they are packed away. Wait, there is youtube!

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    Namor caring about surface dwellers? Somebody call the presses!
    Yes. I think this series may have a lot prime panels for me to mine and post when people express ... less informed opinions about the Prince. All these pages are powerful.

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    Impressed, am I not?
    Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    Once he came over to the Invaders' side, he was changed. He liked any number of surface dwellers, at least the heroes he fought with.
    It goes back to the Band of Brothers thing. Once you've gone through an actual war, there's a bond between those people. Even if you didn't like them before ... or maybe even after ... these are the people who you KNOW you can count on.

Mighty Member

OMG. Preview day is the best day!

AV club has a preview of the first issue up!

https://www.avclub.com/namor-caves-u...s-1-1831676325

BRAVO!!! So far loving Zdarsky take on Namor, looking heroic AF!!! Butch Guice Namor is a bit on the slim side but I guess you can't have everything. Action is beautifully paced.
    Last edited by Thor-El; 01-11-2019 at 04:01 PM.

BRAVO!!! So far loving Zdarsky take on Namor, looking heroic AF!!! Butch Guice Namor is a bit on the slim side but I guess you can't have everything. Action is beautifully paced.
    Perhaps some of it is due to Namor being younger than -- depending on WHEN this takes place, Namor could be 19 - 24.

The action is good, but I found the emotional impact to be even better. And it showcases how much Namor cares about others, and his perseverance. I'm not sure if it is because I've been thinking about DD #7 alot lately, but it sort of reminds me of DD in that issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Oliver Sava@AV club
    This exclusive preview of next week’s Invaders #1 flashes back to show Namor’s determination and drive during World War II, putting himself at risk to save his fellow soldiers. Zdarsky wrote a complex, captivating Namor in the recent Defenders: The Best Defense mini-event, and despite this villainous turn, Namor remains a noble character fighting to protect the future of his people. This preview reinforces how Namor and the rest of the Invaders were brothers in arms during the war, with Butch Guice and Alex Guimarães’ artwork emphasizing the grisly, high-stakes nature of battle. Namor’s power is intensified in the image of a mostly naked man taking bullets to save the lives of other soldiers, but even Namor can’t withstand the overwhelming barrage of attacks, especially when he’s away from a replenishing water source. Guice’s war imagery is both exciting and somber, and despite Captain America’s proclamation of victory at the end of this excerpt, there’s an undeniable layer of tragedy that blankets the scene.
    This is a mini-review of sorts from the preview at AV Club. The bolded is exactly what some of us, fans of the speedo, have been saying.

The second bold is something I was wondering about. It IS a tragic few pages. The sort of stuff I can remember in reading in some of the Bronze Age war comics. It's odd how Cap comes off as ... sort of tone deaf to the tragedy.

Needless to say, the pages have me seriously hyped about the book.