Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    Cyborg leading a version of the Titans would be great.
    Have to have a good lineup. Characters between 18 and 30 (depends on how old you have Vic). I like Raven and Gar. Possibly Donna or Roy or Kory. A reworked Vibe could be there (don't know him, actually, but heard tv version popular). Maybe one the younger GLs. Possibly Garth or Tula or Dolphin. 7 tends to be a maximum number. Can stretch to 10, if you are willing to frequently have the team split into groups for missions.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tzigone View Post
    Have to have a good lineup. Characters between 18 and 30 (depends on how old you have Vic). I like Raven and Gar. Possibly Donna or Roy or Kory. A reworked Vibe could be there (don't know him, actually, but heard tv version popular). Maybe one the younger GLs. Possibly Garth or Tula or Dolphin. 7 tends to be a maximum number. Can stretch to 10, if you are willing to frequently have the team split into groups for missions.
    I'd add Black Lightning daughters or at least Lightning to the roster too and maybe one antihero/villain character since most teams have at least one.

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    I'd add Black Lightning daughters or at least Lightning to the roster too and maybe one antihero/villain character since most teams have at least one.
    I don't know BL's daughters, really. I know once started heroing directly after college graduation, but that's about it. My comic-reading is mostly 1970s-very early 2000s, so I missed them. And even then, I only read some titles.

I hate anti-heroes/villains on hero teams with a fiery passion, so I cannot contribute there. I just think it makes all the heroes vastly less heroic when they are willing to work with and be pals with people who have committed multiple murders (Lobo, Harley, Deathstroke, etc.).

Yeah, Kyle, Jessica and Simon are all around Dick's age, maybe even younger, right? Which means they're definitely the right age to be on the senior Titans team. Kyle, of course, replaced Dick on the last one.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Yeah, Kyle, Jessica and Simon are all around Dick's age, maybe even younger, right? Which means they're definitely the right age to be on the senior Titans team. Kyle, of course, replaced Dick on the last one.
    They have all been members of the main Justice League, so putting them on senior Titans Team would be ok, but puttimng them in Tim's Generation would be wired. And they have anyway created "Teen Lantern" for this.

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    They have all been members of the main Justice League, so putting them on senior Titans Team would be ok, but puttimng them in Tim's Generation would be wired. And they have anyway created "Teen Lantern" for this.
    We were talking about the lineup for a Cyborg-led Titans (not Teen Titans). Though we are a bit off topic. Sorry.

I do agree with you about not having them on Tim's team (not really fond of the Teen Lantern concept, but haven't read the books so can't comment on actual character). I don't like mixing the generations. Once they all adults, it's absolutely fine. They can all be peers who respect each other's abilities. But mixing the teens with the adults gives a very definite not-all-members-are-equal flavor that I do not like. So you can understand that I was less than fond of Gar (Victor, Raven, etc.) on teams with Tim when he was a teen.

For Tim's gen, are there any good non spin-off/legacy characters to use? Something more akin to the NTT with Raven , Vic, and Kory? Naomi is new, of course, and a non-spinoff. I admit, it's more difficult to find teens of that variety. Not easy even with adult characters created in the last 20 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    They have all been members of the main Justice League, so putting them on senior Titans Team would be ok, but putting them in Tim's Generation would be wired. And they have anyway created "Teen Lantern" for this.
    Which is exactly why Starfire was out of place on the Rebirth Teen Titans. She was a Leaguer just prior to the New 52 reboot and is just as experienced as Cyborg. She's another one who should be either JL or senior Titans, and not Teen Titans.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Extraordinary Member

For Tim's gen, are there any good non spin-off/legacy characters to use? Something more akin to the NTT with Raven , Vic, and Kory? Naomi is new, of course, and a non-spinoff. I admit, it's more difficult to find teens of that variety. Not easy even with adult characters created in the last 20 years.
    The only ones I can think of are Balck Allice, the 1996 Titans (but they are iirc a few years older than Tim) and maybe the members of Scare Tactics (I think at least that they were supposed to be Teen Agers, but they were not really super heros).

Or maybe some of the new members of the new 52 Titans (Bunker ...) or the teens Jason is currently training in RHatO.

90s Young Justice had Secret, but her powers were a curse and she was depowered just before the team was absorbed into the Teen Titans.

Bendis wanted Static to be in the current Young Justice (he has history with Cassie, Bart and Conner after all, from Teen Titans circa 2010) but was blocked on rights grounds.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 11-07-2019 at 01:05 PM.

90s Young Justice had Secret, but her powers were a curse and she was depowered just before the team was absorbed into the Teen Titans.
    I do remember her, I just wasn't a fan. She was fine at first, but the longer her story went on, the less I liked her (kinda sad since her arc was really the overall YJ arc in a way). So I wouldn't want her brought back. And, as you said, like Cissie, she didn't really want to be a hero, so for either of them, I'd only bring them back in either a guest-spot or reboot (where they quit again).

Bendis wanted Static to be in the current Young Justice (he has history with Cassie, Bart and Conner after all, from Teen Titans circa 2010) but was blocked on rights grounds.
    I know they did it before, but I'm on record as saying Static's story, as told in Milestone, is not really compatible with pre-existing super-powered people. He'd need some re-writes for work in the DC verse to me (ftr, I also prefer Icon in his own reality, the JSA on another earth, and I'm on the fence about Captain Marvel/Shazam - he and Icon can work in DC-verse, but won't be the top tier in that world as they would in another). Static wasn't really intended to be the in-universe top-tier from what I recall, so is more easily transferred.

Arrowette was also rendered redundant when Speedy was introduced. Same skillset, but Mia wanted to be hero. If you want an archer for Tim's gen, best to go with her, as Red Arrow belongs to Damian's generation and Arsenal belongs to Dick's.

Astonishing Member

I'd keep the current team line-up. They've only had two story arcs.

Don't forget, there's a bunch of teens in limbo right now (Aqualad, who's been off the team since the roster change, and Blue Beetle, whose solo was cancelled, come to mind) and Damian's team looks to be almost done. Gotta wonder what they'll do once The Other is dealt with. Depends on that 5G stuff too I suppose, which could end both TT and YJ.

Terra (Atlee)
    Wonder Twins
    Solstice
    Conner

Don't forget, there's a bunch of teens in limbo right now (Aqualad, who's been off the team since the roster change, and Blue Beetle, whose solo was cancelled, come to mind) and Damian's team looks to be almost done. Gotta wonder what they'll do once The Other is dealt with. Depends on that 5G stuff too I suppose, which could end both TT and YJ.
    Aqualad is appearing in KSD's Aquaman series.
    Last edited by Agent Z; 11-07-2019 at 10:11 PM.

Astonishing Member

Blue Beetle isn't in limbo, he's a pawn of Batman Who Laughs along with Donna.

Damian 's team will disband and DC will go back to a more traditional roster with whoever is not derailed or dead at that point.