Page 30 of 41 FirstFirst ... 2026272829303132333440 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Starfish View Post
    The recruitment of former villains because they might be of use to the X-Men reminds me of Operation Paperclip.
    Except Krakoa is open and transparent about their recruitment of former villains. Shh, we weren't supposed to know about Paperclip.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post
    They should have brought back Sublime or had Cassandra Nova be responsible for the laser-targeted extreme hatred of mutants. The Inhumans had some thrown their way at the time, but no where near the same amount. Unlike mutants, the Inhumans were actively responsible for forcing people to change into them with the Terrigen bomb. Its a really bizarre situation and some really terrible writing.
    In fairness, setting aside editorial favouritism, the Inhumans had the advantage of being a somewhat known quantity to earth’s governments for years before the T-Bomb, had two relatively organised groups in the form of the Royals and Ennilux removing most Inhumans to places like New Attilan, the deterrent of BB and the fact that, rhetoric aside, most of the Inhuman rogues were focused on internal politics or standard supervillain stuff. It probably made things easier from a government POV

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Except Krakoa is open and transparent about their recruitment of former villains. Shh, we weren't supposed to know about Paperclip.
    There is another difference: these scientists didn't have a political role in the government.
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    There is another difference: these scientists didn't have a political role in the government.
    Ahh, I beg to differ BUT, we may never fully know.

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoBandz View Post
    "Completely obliterate Cerebro and everything needed to bring back the dead."

Why does it always have to be the most extreme case scenario though? That's OD.
    Yeah, I get your point.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kisinith View Post
    How can anyone claim that resurrection have removed stakes when no one believed in them in the first place?
    Preach!!
    Last edited by Odd Rödney; 02-19-2021 at 09:00 AM. Reason: Bye, bye blue!
    "Kids don't care **** about superhero comic books. And if they do, they probably start with manga, with One Punch-Man or My Hero Academia. " -ImOctavius.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kisinith View Post
    The arguments against the resurrection protocols are incredibly disingenuous. Marvel in general and the X office specifically have been grossly misusing death as a narrative device for so long that it lost its bite and meaning long before Hickman came to the X-office. Death hasn't been anything more than a narrative time out for years, hell more X-men have died and recovered than have had the flu. When Wolverine, Cyclops or really anyone not named Jean Grey (because reasons) died over the last few years did anyone really believe they were going to stay dead? Hell even with Jean most people didn't think she would always be dead and kept waiting for her inevitable return. How can anyone claim that resurrection have removed stakes when no one believed in them in the first place?
    Recalls when Rosenbubbles went on a killing spree in UXM for (cheap) drama, and the readership called the X-Office's bluff on it.

My only issue on Krakoa so far is there is no dissenting opinion. It feels like a hive mind-thing going on, and I can't help but feel there's some subliminal telepathic shenanigans going on on Xavier's part. Granted, Hickman did say Dawn of X is divided into "acts", and we're still in act 1 where everyone is happy.
    Let your wallet talk.
    Never forget, Cyke fans~ https://twitter.com/i/status/1246248602768486402
    Jean had more presence in death than Cyke in Hickman's entire run.
    Hickman succeeded where 2010s Marvel didn't: make the X-Men villainous and irrelevant.
    Hilariously, the X-Men have now fully embraced mutant supremacy and racism against humans.
    For other Cyke-centered stories by a Cyclops fan: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1008144...ffle-or-Boogie

Quote Originally Posted by xiyon View Post
    Recalls when Rosenbubbles went on a killing spree in UXM for (cheap) drama, and the readership called the X-Office's bluff on it.

My only issue on Krakoa so far is there is no dissenting opinion. It feels like a hive mind-thing going on, and I can't help but feel there's some subliminal telepathic shenanigans going on on Xavier's part. Granted, Hickman did say Dawn of X is divided into "acts", and we're still in act 1 where everyone is happy.
    Most of the cast members of Fallen Angels aren't too enthused with Krakoa and they've stated as much. Wolverine made a comment as well in X-Force #1:

"That's what Krakoa does. Makes everyone feel safe. And when you're safe, you're soft".
    Last edited by JB; 01-16-2020 at 02:56 PM.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

It's like they're not reading the books, at most or...at the very least, the spoiler/review threads.
    Almost all of these "concerns" have been addressed in some form, if not in depth.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Astonishing Member

But their is dissenting opinion. We've seen it. It just so happens that for a large majority people are pretty content with what Krakoa is offering. Now I do think we'll get some conflict but I don't think it'll come from those who disagree with Krakoa but rather those who disagree with what it should stand for.

Also I love the fact that mutants standing with each other (the good and the bad) in solidarity is such a foreign concept that's some people think that there's some sort of brainwashing Shenanigans happening behind the scenes.
    Last edited by loke13; 01-16-2020 at 03:08 PM.

Refresh my memory before I talk about it: are there any in-universe plans involving Wanda "The Pretender" Maximoff that we know about?

(I'd imagine that that Strange Academy book that has Wanda and Illyana as teachers will be awkward at least.)

I love the idea that Krokoa is a haven for mutants.

Most of the cast members of Fallen Angels aren't too enthused with Krakoa and they've stated as much. Wolverine made a comment as well in X-Force #1:

"That's what Krakoa does. Makes everyone feel safe. And when you're safe, you're soft".
    I remember Wolverine being more vocal and assertive about the things he disliked. Maybe, it's true: he's really getting soft.
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Extraordinary Member

I guess my thing is the whole condescending attitude towards humans everyone has now. Like even when they help humans, there's this air of just smugness to it. Even the "kill no human" rule is built on the fact that they see human life as being finite while they think they're immortal.

And you know, I get some of it, but at the same time, it's rather annoying, especially when they're lumping all humans together.

It's not creating a better world, it's just perpetuating the same old bullshit just with mutants on top and humans below. And I'm sure that's sort of the point.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    I guess my thing is the whole condescending attitude towards humans everyone has now. Like even when they help humans, there's this air of just smugness to it. Even the "kill no human" rule is built on the fact that they see human life as being finite while they think they're immortal.
    Storm is a literal Goddess. Their Resurrection Protocols got Death shook for a second. While the whole godhood thing among all mutants is questionable, they’ve certainly ascended. And they still care about humans:

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    And they still care about humans: