Page 916 of 5011 FirstFirst ... 416816866906912913914915916917918919920926966101614161916 ... LastLast
Results 13,726 to 13,740 of 75153

Quote Originally Posted by Amadeus Arkham View Post
    Today marks the four year anniversary of the day James Comey set Hilary Clinton’s campaign on fire, and basically handed the Presidency to Trump.

Just think about how much better off we would be if that never happened, and if we actually had a competent leader in the Oval Office...
    The back story, this was totally against all DOJ protocol, But McConnell and Paul Ryan pushed him into doing it, while also working to keep the real crime, the Trump campaign colluding with Russia, under wraps.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

https://youtu.be/VEzcWFtEhe8

Might be old but.. Considering her words ( though a douche way of getting it) and how Trump/ his wife acted at the end of the debate. It shows the whole Don clan are horrible human beings and do not give a **** about anyone not on “their level.”

Quote Originally Posted by PaulBullion View Post
    Under Kentucky law, the replacement could serve till the next election in 2022 if it happens after November 3.
    But McConnell is running for re-election THIS year. So if Amy McGrath defeats him in a few weeks, McConnell's health will be a moot point.
    Watching television is not an activity.

Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Malvolio View Post
    But McConnell is running for re-election THIS year. So if Amy McGrath defeats him in a few weeks, McConnell's health will be a moot point.
    His failing health might improve her chances. But she has been way behind in the polls there.

https://www.270towin.com/2020-senate-polls/kentucky/
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Apparently he did. I guess Trump wasn’t familiar with that old joke which went something like this: “You know you’re going to have a bad day when you arrive at the office, and Mike Wallace is in your reception room.” Trump is too used to be tossed softballs by the likes of Sean Hamhocks, Fucker Carlson, Laura Ignoramus and the rest of the buttmunchers on Faux News that he doesn’t know how to handle REAL questions posed by REAL journalists like Stahl who won’t kiss his ass or put up with his bullshit. Was Trump THAT clueless? I know, stupid question, of course he was.
    Sean Hamhocks. I still chuckle when I read that.
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners ThreadSo much winning!!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“It’s your party and you can cry if you want to.” - Captain Europe

Quote Originally Posted by A Small Talent For War View Post
    True, but I would question whether Biden would have the real power - or personal willpower - even in a Democrat controlled government. He would have to take the ill-fitting role as the champion for the progressive wing against the very centrist senior democrats in the Senate and House that he really identifies with. He'd have to be able to get his people in charge of the most important committees and rally/force support from every member. I think it could be done, I just don't know if Biden has the power or inclination to do it.

My main strategy here is just that Biden represents as much of stop gap in the national decline as can be expected. Certainly a return to rationality at least in the discourse if not an improvement in the general emotional turmoil. Certainly, I agree many of the idiotically inhumane executive policies should hopefully stop at the border, but even Obama couldn't close Guantanamo Bay, and the inertia and inclination of the departments like ICE would probably respond slowly to even a presidential decree.
    Remember we’re also electing Kamala Harris who in my opinion doesn’t seem like someone who will stand and watch Biden govern alone.
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners ThreadSo much winning!!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“It’s your party and you can cry if you want to.” - Captain Europe

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PaulBullion View Post
    It's quite ghoulish, but McConnell is looking so ill and frail that people on social media are speculating about him being replaced by a Democratic governor sooner rather than later.
    It is also worth noting that McConnell has deliberately avoiding any trips to the White House since around August.

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    Here's the 60 Minutes interview and to tell the truth, I'm surprised Trump released it. I can't believe he thought this would somehow vindicate him?

You don't see Stahl's face in this version, but every time Donald says, "You wouldn't ask Joe Biden this," I can just feel Leslie thinking, "Yeah, cuz this interview is about the dumb **** you said not other people."
    Now This Politics cut in some video of Trump's contradictions and lies.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by ChadH View Post
    Remember we’re also electing Kamala Harris who in my opinion doesn’t seem like someone who will stand and watch Biden govern alone.
    I told my son my vote wasn't for Biden it was for Harris.

In practical terms, though, I don't see any levers that she could use. Essentially, she could be useful in keeping the progressive wing from being too critical, but I don't see her pushing any different agenda or challenging the Democratic Leadership in Congress. However, personally, I think she would be a more effective President than Biden.

Imagine if a Democratic First Lady said "Who gives a **** about Christmas stuff."

There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Imagine if a Democratic First Lady said "Who gives a **** about Christmas stuff."
    :O

Seriously, where's the war on Christmas, again?

House candidate and Hitler Youth, Madison Cawthorn, is in the news again.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/202...k-non-n1244531

A House candidate considered a rising star in the GOP launched a campaign attack website accusing a critic of going "to work for non-white males, like Cory Booker, who aims to ruin white males running for office."

Once again, I will remind you that A BIPARTISAN POLICY WAS SUBMITTED TO TRUMP IN 2016.

You seem to ignore what you don’t want to hear.
    Family Separation was an anti-immigration plan submitted by Stephen Miller, a hateful little white nationalist.

At different points over the past 4 years, Mets has taken up the cause of defending Stephen Miller from that label, because, as I recall at the time, "he is Jewish". No matter how obvious it is that a policy is a white nationalist policy, written by a white nationalist, and it's a cruel way to torture children...

He's pushed back against criticism of it.

So I can't say I'm surprised to see that's still the case.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    I get it's a slipup, but McConnell is a senator, not governor.

As for his weird hand condition, don't wanna speculate. Those don't look like Covid symptoms to me, maybe he got accidentally burned in some house accident or the other. He's also an old dude and so on. Maybe it's a sauna gone wrong. I don't think it's a big deal, not yet anyway.
    I think he means that the Democratic Governor of Kentucky might be able to choose Mcconnell's replacement in the Senate.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets