Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Incredible Member

Default Mister Mxyzptlk vs Shuma Gorath

Ok who comes out on top?

Astonishing Member

Mxy wipes out universes at times. Shuma do that?

We don’t actually know. Galaxies die from just part of him tentatively entering the 616 universe.

But we do know he washes his Oreos down with a tall glass of the spoilt milk of dying stars.

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    We don’t actually know. Galaxies die from just part of him tentatively entering the 616 universe.

But we do know he washes his Oreos down with a tall glass of the spoilt milk of dying stars.
    I don't think he has universal level feats though.

However, I'm not 100% convinced Mxy is universal either. Worlds Finest is non-canon I believe. Having said that I think Mxy wins this based off of feats.

Worlds Finest is non-canon I believe.
    That is correct.

Anyway, Myxy has shown being vulnerable to the DCU's various reboots and ages of magic changes and blahblahblah, which I note mostly to thereby ask, with a deep and painful sigh.

What is current Mxy capable of?

Quote Originally Posted by Pendaran View Post
    Anyway, Myxy has shown being vulnerable to the DCU's various reboots and ages of magic changes and blahblahblah, which I note mostly to thereby ask, with a deep and painful sigh.

That is a good question that deserves an answer. Since I have no idea, I will make up an answer.

After numerous reboots, Mister Mxyzptlk is worse for wear. He has already had multiple mid-life crises and remembers them all. To offset the cost of 4th dimensional child support payments, he is now working as 4th wall-breaking assistant editor for DC. In his free time, Mxy is on a bowling team with Ambush Bug, Ultraa, and Signalman. He still doesn't understand the scoring, and occasionally uses his powers to knock over pins to avoid the dreaded split.

Extraordinary Member

That is correct.

IIRC, his last appearance was in Superman Reborn.

There Mxy claimed that he was every version of Mxy throughout continuity, including the DCAU version

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    IIRC, his last appearance was in Superman Reborn.

There Mxy claimed that he was every version of Mxy throughout continuity, including the DCAU version
    If he's every version, that would include World's Funnest, right? He's also claimed to follow his own rules and only use a certain percentage of power. In "Emperor Joker," which I think is canon, Joker has most of Mxy's power but doesn't hold himself back (although he needs to learn how to use it gradually) and does affect things universally with a slight thought.

Quote Originally Posted by Nschornhorst View Post
    If he's every version, that would include World's Funnest, right? He's also claimed to follow his own rules and only use a certain percentage of power. In "Emperor Joker," which I think is canon, Joker has most of Mxy's power but doesn't hold himself back (although he needs to learn how to use it gradually) and does affect things universally with a slight thought.
    If he's only claiming he's every version, that doesn't really mean much of anything for a guy who rolls around as a trickster entity. Was this actually shown as being the case?

He can claim all sorts of things. From what we've seen, different versions have been messed up by different things.
    Last edited by Pendaran; 10-27-2020 at 04:59 PM.

If he's only claiming he's every version, that doesn't really mean much of anything for a guy who rolls around as a trickster entity. Was this actually shown as being the case?

He can claim all sorts of things. From what we've seen, different versions have been messed up by different things.
    Mxy isn't an average 5D being. His feats far outstrip other 5D guys just because he's had the most exposure.

Quote Originally Posted by Slade1 View Post
    Mxy isn't an average 5D being. His feats far outstrip other 5D guys just because he's had the most exposure.
    Doesn't really answer my question or address the point, though.

Mxy has also claimed to sometimes go to a different universe and be the Impossible Man. Clearly his claims need to be taken with a grain of salt.

Incredible Member

in injustice , didn't mxy fight trigon, another dimensional being.

I wouldn’t put Trigon at Shuma Gorath’s or Mxy’s level, tbh.

But he does dress fancy.

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    I wouldn’t put Trigon at Shuma Gorath’s or Mxy’s level, tbh.

But he does dress fancy.
    He really does.