Page 36 of 37 FirstFirst ... 26323334353637 LastLast
    Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Refrax5 View Post
    It reminds me a lot of earlier Punisher stories, where the character was a lot more human and wasn't just a completely one-note killing machine, so I saw that as a positive. It feels like there's more they can do with Joe as a character at this point because modern Frank has been portrayed as pretty emotionless and lacking any real inner conflict or ability to grow as a character.

I agree that it's weird to get rid of Frank and replace him with somebody so similar, but as somebody who prefers old school Frank as a character to the more modern version, I enjoyed reading a Punisher book with that old school feel.
    Some writers took the wrong lessons from Ennis. Writing like him but not being able to write on his Level.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by batnbreakfast View Post
    Some writers took the wrong lessons from Ennis. Writing like him but not being able to write on his Level.
    Yeah and even Ennis' Frank was a departure from the way Frank had usually been written in the past. It makes sense that he'd become more emotionless and violent over time, but I always like the classic Punisher stuff where he was more human, used more restraint and even showed mercy or questioned himself at times, and was generally a bit more sympathetic. I love Ennis' Punisher as much as anybody, but he was so over-the-top ruthless and trigger-happy that he was hard to root for.

I'm sure Frank will be back eventually. But just like Jake Gallows, I don't mind seeing a different guy as Punisher for a while.

Mighty Member

Enjoyed this new punisher. I wonder how much the quest for vengeance will blacken his soul. Can't wait for bushwacker

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Lynn Michaels was Marvels first real attempt at a Legacy outlet for the moniker.
    This really should've taken hold in some way.
    Punisher_LynnMichaels.jpg
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by marvelprince View Post
    Pretty much. She's definitely popping up again as a bad guy.
    Because she divorced Frank and stole money from an evil death cult?

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Because she divorced Frank and stole money from an evil death cult?
    She is also pregnant...so there is that.
    "Life is too short so love the one you got cause you might get run over or you might get shot" - Sublime

So I thought the first issue was good. Not great but good. Garrison can hold his own in my opinion. I love how he says he is not a Punisher and it is just how the suit looks that he puts on. He has a edge to him which I like. Ya ya ya same kina story as Franks family with the death of them...but different in a way. I am interested in issue 2 & 3 which is good. I hope they use Garrison well and then when Frank returns they either team up for a bit of Frank blows him away.

Frank is coming back either way you look at it so I am not worried like most on here. I think this change for a bit feels good.
    "Life is too short so love the one you got cause you might get run over or you might get shot" - Sublime

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by InfamousBG View Post
    So I thought the first issue was good. Not great but good. Garrison can hold his own in my opinion. I love how he says he is not a Punisher and it is just how the suit looks that he puts on. He has a edge to him which I like. Ya ya ya same kina story as Franks family with the death of them...but different in a way. I am interested in issue 2 & 3 which is good. I hope they use Garrison well and then when Frank returns they either team up for a bit of Frank blows him away.

Frank is coming back either way you look at it so I am not worried like most on here. I think this change for a bit feels good.
    I hope Frank doesn't blow him away, just for the reason that Joe so far seems like a decent guy pushed too far and I miss when Frank still had some humanity to him. Him killing his more sympathetic replacement would just make him seem like the bad guy.

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

I hope Frank doesn't blow him away, just for the reason that Joe so far seems like a decent guy pushed too far and I miss when Frank still had some humanity to him. Him killing his more sympathetic replacement would just make him seem like the bad guy.
    Maybe Joe will make some bad decisions or mistakes and then Frank returns to take him out? Maybe Maria's Baby will be Frank reborn? I can come up with so many bad stories Marvel should hire me.

Maybe Joe will make some bad decisions or mistakes and then Frank returns to take him out? Maybe Maria's Baby will be Frank reborn? I can come up with so many bad stories Marvel should hire me.
    In your opinion, will the two Punishers meet in the near future?

I think Joe Garrison will need Frank Castle in the future, because superheroes don't want another Punisher since he has turned against the entire Marvel Universe in recent years.So both have to work together to survive.

Quote Originally Posted by InfamousBG View Post

I take advantage of this topic to talk about an old story.
    In the Daredevil Punisher cross-over with the Aspirin Killer, Daredevil is seen injured when he talks to journalists.
    By chance, was it the Punisher who injured him by mistake, when he kills the drug dealers in Hell's Kitchen, because he says he found a lead there, and therefore perhaps Daredevil also knew that the killer and the drug dealers were connected?

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    Lynn Michaels was Marvels first real attempt at a Legacy outlet for the moniker.
    This really should've taken hold in some way.
    Punisher_LynnMichaels.jpg
    what happened to Lynn? Surely she found out about Frank's most recent escapades with the Hand. She's going to wonder what happened.

BANNED

Frank has made enough mistakes and gotten enough people killed that he really doesn't have room to judge on that front haha. Joe actually seems like a decent person who's just gone over the edge. Ennis and most modern writers have depicted Frank as a guy that's a natural born killer that just focuses his hatred on "bad" people, but doesn't really care about much except killing. Unless something drastic changes, Frank killing this guy is just going to make him seem like even more of a psycho.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    what happened to Lynn? Surely she found out about Frank's most recent escapades with the Hand. She's going to wonder what happened.
    Lynn Michaels, according to the Marvel-wiki was taken into custody and her whereabouts are unknown.
    At some point, she joined S.H.I.E.L.D. as a deep cover operative. Infiltrating Jigsaw's organization, she brainwashed Ian, a man who lost his family in Stamford, into an assassin.[6] She also disguised herself as Diamonelle, a woman who gave the Punisher medical assistance. When Frank was captured, she shot Stuart Clarke to stop him from breaking Frank out. Later, when Jigsaw and the Punisher were in S.H.I.E.L.D. custody, she let Ian shoot Jigsaw to make up for the fact that she brainwashed him. She was last seen being arrested for these actions and her whereabouts are unknown
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime