Page 165 of 325 FirstFirst ... 65115155161162163164165166167168169175215265 ... LastLast
Results 2,461 to 2,475 of 4870

Which mutants will join the Avengers? I feel like one or two of them will join. I think someone like Beast would be a good fit. This is assuming the Avengers movies don't function as an overall MCU-wide crossover in which case I guess many X-Men could appear

"Comics journalism"? Filthy Mutie's Avatar

Under no circumstances should the "X-Gene" be manufactured--intentionally or otherwise.

It must be a completely natural phenomenon.

Quote Originally Posted by Filthy Mutie View Post
    Under no circumstances should the "X-Gene" be manufactured--intentionally or otherwise.

It must be a completely natural phenomenon.
    Even in the comics the X-Gene comes from the Celestials. It's not often hammered in the narrative, but it is canon.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Even in the comics the X-Gene comes from the Celestials. It's not often hammered in the narrative, but it is canon.
    This.

And anyway, I like the notion that the “x-gene” is an aberrant “mutation” of the Inhumanity strain that emerges without terrigenesis.

We’ll see if Feige can thread the needle Perlmutter left him.

I don't want the whole history of the X-Men to be flashbacks. A sprinkle to get things started, sure, but not the main meat and bones of their adventures.
    Arsenal has good idea, but it is too much of flashbacks for a film. Seems too much like First Class in that way of going back in time.

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    This.

And anyway, I like the notion that the “x-gene” is an aberrant “mutation” of the Inhumanity strain that emerges without terrigenesis.

We’ll see if Feige can thread the needle Perlmutter left him.
    I think(or at least hope) the Eternals movie will lay the foundation for the mutants, just like it does in the comics. The Celestials made the Eternals, the Deviants, and the X-Gene mutants. Thanos is a Deviant-variant Eternal himself(in the comics). The MCU has already shown the Celestials in conjunction with the Infinity Stones in GotG, and in II they made Ego a Celestial and Starlord a half-Celestial. Wanda and Pietro's powers come from from an Infinity Stone. I'm hoping they wrap it all together and make the surge of mutants(upcoming) a result of the Infinity Gauntlet being used on earth activating the X-Gene inserted into proto-humanity by the Celestials eons ago. The Kree-based Inhumans are of a lower echelon/ or at least somewhat peripheral. The main MCU hasn't used the Inhumans at all, so I wouldn't tie them in with this(I have never watched a single episode of AoS, and the films act like they haven't either).
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    I love that idea. I think for the MCU X-Men to work, it has to mix things up from the formula that the Fox movies used. One key component is Sinister. We've seen too much of the Magneto/Xavier dynamic over the years. The X-Men need another villain and Sinister is ripe for reinvention. The MCU worked wonders for Thanos. I think they could do the same for Sinister with the goal of making him the perfect villain for the mutant domain of the MCU. Magneto could still play a part, but I think Sinister needs to be the bigger threat. And if they can get Bryan Cranston to play the part, then that can only help.
    I like where you’re going with that. By making Sinister the premier X villain we get to establish why he’s so into everything that goes on in the background from the Summers obsession to the mutant massacre. As far as Magneto goes like you stated that dynamic has been done to death, this way he can be established as an antihero right away that is just fighting for his species. I don’t know about Bryan Cranston as Sinister but as long as he is menacing and psychotic I’m not against it...

They can return to the original idea that radiation is the cause of more mutants today than in ancient times but change it with the Infinity Stones.

Time and Space have been on Earth for a long time but the biggest use since WW2 has triggered an increase in the appearance of mutants. Infinity War would suppose an even more drastic increase in the amount of mutants. Something like that mutation is a very rare process in nature but the radiation produced by the Infinity Stones increases the possibilities. The more they are used, the more mutants.

Pietro, Wanda and Carol would be "direct" mutants.

Mutatis Mutandis ChildOfTheAtom's Avatar
    1407 Graymalkin Lane, North Salem, NY 10560

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    Even if characters like Cyclops and Storm are teenagers and the X-Men just formed that does not explain where Xavier, Magneto, Wolverine and dozens of mutants older than them were.
    There's no way to explain mutants that won't get over analyzed and picked apart. I hope they just gloss over it with exposition and get to the good stuff.
    The agreement also provides Disney with the opportunity to reunite the X-MEN with the Marvel family under one roof and create richer, more complex worlds of inter-related characters and stories that audiences have shown they love. It only makes sense for Marvel to be supervised by one entity. There shouldn't be two Marvels.

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    Why can't we have nice things.
    Doesn't mean they can't appear in other media...

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

I don't know if I believe him to be honest, but I guess we'll find out soon enough.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

That’s the funny thing about Feige, he doesn’t actually say anything that we don’t already know (we have to wait awhile for the X-boot) and that they weren’t part of the 5 year plan they were working on, but not once does he claim they won’t be a part of phase 4 or it’ll be atleast 5 years before it happens.

"Comics journalism"? Filthy Mutie's Avatar

Ugh, yes yes yes, I guess I was considering them a real-life/traditional hand-wavy "supreme being" analog in this case. I regret the poor wording that will now distract from the point.

The main thing is: The X-Gene can't be made in someone's lab in the 1800s, or whatever.

Pretty sure you know what I've been getting at since jump, though.
    Last edited by Filthy Mutie; 04-08-2019 at 03:14 PM.