Page 393 of 750 FirstFirst ... 293343383389390391392393394395396397403443493 ... LastLast
Results 5,881 to 5,895 of 11243

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    I'm in the kill billions camp. I dont need Tchalla to be hero for the world or universe, just be a hero for Wakanda. If its between his Wakanda(not that space place) and billions, them billions just going to have to go.
    Fair to have that opinion, but in the BP movie for example, T’Challa realizing that he doesn’t subscribe to that outlook and rebuking his father for how he handled Erik’s father wanting to help African-Americans was one of the more powerful moments in the movie for me. If he adopts a “Wakanda Above All” mentality then that would mean doing stuff like T’Chaka did. One of the reasons I think T’Challa is a better man than his dad, and a better Black Panther than the majority of his predecessors is he’s willing to tackle issues that they wouldn’t have cared about. He’s pushing for Wakanda to not be “f*** you, got mine” like they traditionally have been, to care about the status of the outside world (and the status of black people in general worldwide).

Also I’m just really tired of Marvel heroes committing genocide or massive war crimes.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Fair to have that opinion, but in the BP movie for example, T’Challa realizing that he doesn’t subscribe to that outlook and rebuking his father for how he handled Erik’s father wanting to help African-Americans was one of the more powerful moments in the movie for me. If he adopts a “Wakanda Above All” mentality then that would mean doing stuff like T’Chaka did. One of the reasons I think T’Challa is a better man than his dad, and a better Black Panther than the majority of his predecessors is he’s willing to tackle issues that they wouldn’t have cared about. He’s pushing for Wakanda to not be “f*** you, got mine” like they traditionally have been, to care about the status of the outside world (and the status of black people in general worldwide).

Also I’m just really tired of Marvel heroes committing genocide or massive war crimes.
    I mean if it's a threat to Wakanda or somewhere else. As in Wakanda gets destroyed or billions of others do. I say he should pick Wakanda everytime. The example you're using is more in line with personal embarrassment than a threat to the country.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I think the point of the story was that T'Challa and Namor wisely decided to stop trying to kill each other and instead work together for the greater good. Heroes have a funny knack of doing that in stories like this. You can try and kill each other AFTER you save the multiverse if you really want too... but saving the multiverse should come first.
    Yeaaah... Except Namor brought up the whole destruction of Wakanda in Aaron's avenger's so I say he should of killed him and been done with it. He literally provided nothing to the story except cracking jokes

BANNED

Firstly, the WWO campaign is not a smear-campaign. Vote for WWO. Those other guys suck or are thieves.

I have no ties or relationship with the current BP writing group. They may get in contact with me if they agree with my terms. I recommend they do. They might do a good job but WWO is the best! On some Hip-Hop ish.

If we were all given the same budget… they wouldn’t even come close. RJ might consider himself one of the top BP writers. What does that make WWO? I’m still the big-homie! I could only make their project better.

RJ, will King’s BP have a Kinetic-energy suit like this (glowing moving lights according to BP’s activities)?

Forget who you’re talking to? A guy writing BP tells another guy writing BP to get HIS OWN. The Big Two devotion is a loaded argument. I don’t need marvel. Their employees trolled me.

I did not take their ideas. They took mine & claimed it as their own. I never needed them until they needed me. They needed to hi-jack the WWO story to make BP one of the most successful movies of all time.

Where would these new BP writers be without the work WWO did to provide them opportunities? Must be nice… hahaha.

i've been ahead of any BP creator since day-one (drawn in 2013). salute Ezyo1000!

I won’t come at you (personally) the way you came at me. You said, I gave these ideas away. Can you stand on that statement? Of course not.

You know I haven’t given a thing. The only thing I’ve given is… I’ve been giving Coates & Coogler the blues. Don’t dish it out if you can’t take it, right?

BP needed me to get it to the level it is today. I can prove it. Can you? Maybe someday, you won’t discourage anybody else from developing BP stories, BP vlogs, BP journalism, BP media or BP Cosplay! Yep, only let the appointed pros speak for BP.

Let’s break-down the King’s plot…

Bast is the daughter of RA. She represents fertility & is the only goddess associated with resurrection. Resurrection. If anyone can bring TChaka back to life it would be BAST. But the writers gave that ability to some diabolical evil-doer?
    Guaranteed- you guys did not include BAST as a presence that can raise the dead. WHY DO YOU THINK CATS HAVE 9 LIVES? They have lives to give away. BP wears a suit dedicated to Bast. They Worship Her.

But this Group thinks they don’t have to bend to the fans when they’re out of touch with natural cultural norms of Wakandans. WWO is undisputed. This is diplomacy. They need my help. My campaign needs their help.

Look what I did to your plot. Only a skilled writer… word! I used common-since BP/ Bast logic. Undisputed. I can be of great assistance or nah…?

(Way TF ahead)

The daughter of Ra does not support the concept of sin. Sins of the Kings is a play-off of the biblical verse… “sins of the parents.” So I get why the writers would be okay with such a title. Nas dropped his new album “King’s Disease”.

Beyonce Dropped “Black Is King”! I didn’t like the title mostly in ‘namesake’. “Sinister” acts are a part of the comic trope.

I wrote a joke for the new BP writers. “What does TchALLAh call his dad? Paw—Paw! Get it… cuz of the pa….! Anyway. At least it’s original. Coming from a former stand-up comic. I never stole any of Flex’s jokes!

BANNED

Nas "King's Disease" (dropped Aug 20, 2020)

listen & learn. there are alot of Kings. We know the road. Check the last line.... WWO

I mean if it's a threat to Wakanda or somewhere else. As in Wakanda gets destroyed or billions of others do. I say he should pick Wakanda everytime. The example you're using is more in line with personal embarrassment than a threat to the country.
    It's certainly fair to argue T'Challa SHOULD have detonated the bomb to destroy the other earth. It's not just him sparing his nation or even his world... it's literally sparing 2 entire universes at the expense of one planet that isn't even his own. A planet that gets destroyed either way. But that's a decision the characeter is stuck with ... and that potentially creates a situation similar to Wanda or Bishop where they have the blood of millions of innoncent people on their hands. To me it's just not worth putting him, or any other character quite frankly through that unless there's some sort of "out."

I just don't see the upside of turning super heroes into mass murderers, even if it makes sense within the story. It just doesn't seem worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Yeaaah... Except Namor brought up the whole destruction of Wakanda in Aaron's avenger's so I say he should of killed him and been done with it. He literally provided nothing to the story except cracking jokes
    There was a point to him being in the story... the point being that heroes can put aside their differences for the greater good and actually act like heroes instead of going around trying to kill each other. Given how stupid a lot of heroes acted throughout Hickmans entire run, I think seeing that was actually pretty important to the story.

I'm in the kill billions camp. I dont need Tchalla to be hero for the world or universe, just be a hero for Wakanda. If its between his Wakanda(not that space place) and billions, them billions just going to have to go.
    I dunno, Ewing isn't impressing me at all with his showing of T'Challa in empyre right now... But I will agree that I want rocaforts art again on a BP book as well as that design for the Wakandan army

Agrees completely, please marvel we need Rocaforts art on BP asap.

Again, if he wants to continue trying to kill Namor after Secret Wars that one thing... the bigger point being that in the LEAST hold off until after the multiverse is saved. The point of his botched attempt at killing Namor was to show to him that prioritizing his own agenda over the greater good wasn't necessarily the smart thing to do. In the least save it for later.

As far as trying to kill Namor afterwards... it's an understandable perspective on both Namor and T'Challas part. But the question is whether or not they and their kingdoms are better off continuing their conflict, or whether they are better off simply ending it. Because a conflict between 2 kings is inevitably going to spill over with their kingdoms, and both only just got restored. It's a pointless war at this point... a waste of potential lives and resources as neither side at this point was really a threat to the other. It's going to war just for the sake of going to war, and that wasn't going to do either side any good.
    Except Namor could and should of died when T'Challa and BB ambushed him because he no longer served a purpose to the story. He gets stabbed by T'Challa, blown away by BB, Thanos asks what happened, he tells them, another incursion starts, and Thanos leaves him to his fate as he is no longer necessary. The end

Except Namor could and should of died when T'Challa and BB ambushed him because he no longer served a purpose to the story. He gets stabbed by T'Challa, blown away by BB, Thanos asks what happened, he tells them, another incursion starts, and Thanos leaves him to his fate as he is no longer necessary. The end
    Again, I believe he did serve a purpose to the story. They showed that the heroes can actually act like heroes and put aside their differences to work together for the common good rather than go around fighting each other.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Muad'Dib View Post
    Firstly, the WWO campaign is not a smear-campaign. Vote for WWO. Those other guys suck or are thieves.

I have no ties or relationship with the current BP writing group. They may get in contact with me if they agree with my terms. I recommend they do. They might do a good job but WWO is the best! On some Hip-Hop ish.

If we were all given the same budget… they wouldn’t even come close. RJ might consider himself one of the top BP writers. What does that make WWO? I’m still the big-homie! I could only make their project better.

RJ, will King’s BP have a Kinetic-energy suit like this (glowing moving lights according to BP’s activities)?

Forget who you’re talking to? A guy writing BP tells another guy writing BP to get HIS OWN. The Big Two devotion is a loaded argument. I don’t need marvel. Their employees trolled me.

I did not take their ideas. They took mine & claimed it as their own. I never needed them until they needed me. They needed to hi-jack the WWO story to make BP one of the most successful movies of all time.

Where would these new BP writers be without the work WWO did to provide them opportunities? Must be nice… hahaha.

i've been ahead of any BP creator since day-one (drawn in 2013). salute Ezyo1000!

I won’t come at you (personally) the way you came at me. You said, I gave these ideas away. Can you stand on that statement? Of course not.

You know I haven’t given a thing. The only thing I’ve given is… I’ve been giving Coates & Coogler the blues. Don’t dish it out if you can’t take it, right?

BP needed me to get it to the level it is today. I can prove it. Can you? Maybe someday, you won’t discourage anybody else from developing BP stories, BP vlogs, BP journalism, BP media or BP Cosplay! Yep, only let the appointed pros speak for BP.

Let’s break-down the King’s plot…

Bast is the daughter of RA. She represents fertility & is the only goddess associated with resurrection. Resurrection. If anyone can bring TChaka back to life it would be BAST. But the writers gave that ability to some diabolical evil-doer?
    Guaranteed- you guys did not include BAST as a presence that can raise the dead. WHY DO YOU THINK CATS HAVE 9 LIVES? They have lives to give away. BP wears a suit dedicated to Bast. They Worship Her.

But this Group thinks they don’t have to bend to the fans when they’re out of touch with natural cultural norms of Wakandans. WWO is undisputed. This is diplomacy. They need my help. My campaign needs their help.

Look what I did to your plot. Only a skilled writer… word! I used common-since BP/ Bast logic. Undisputed. I can be of great assistance or nah…?

(Way TF ahead)

The daughter of Ra does not support the concept of sin. Sins of the Kings is a play-off of the biblical verse… “sins of the parents.” So I get why the writers would be okay with such a title. Nas dropped his new album “King’s Disease”.

Beyonce Dropped “Black Is King”! I didn’t like the title mostly in ‘namesake’. “Sinister” acts are a part of the comic trope.

I wrote a joke for the new BP writers. “What does TchALLAh call his dad? Paw—Paw! Get it… cuz of the pa….! Anyway. At least it’s original. Coming from a former stand-up comic. I never stole any of Flex’s jokes!
    I salute you muad Wakanda forever man!.. that last image what type of tech is that? (Its badass)

There was a point to him being in the story... the point being that heroes can put aside their differences for the greater good and actually act like heroes instead of going around trying to kill each other. Given how stupid a lot of heroes acted throughout Hickmans entire run, I think seeing that was actually pretty important to the story.
    Tony and Cap were killing each other when they died in tro and they are just fine now... So no, that's a cop out. Namor should of died, especially because when that went down that was after the life raft and such. Again, Namor wasn't needed for the rest of the story and should of been killed. If not then Hickman should of never had T'Challa say he was going to kill him. Empty promises to these characters is super damaging

Tony and Cap were killing each other when they died in tro and they are just fine now... So no, that's a cop out. Namor should of died, especially because when that went down that was after the life raft and such. Again, Namor wasn't needed for the rest of the story and should of been killed. If not then Hickman should of never had T'Challa say he was going to kill him. Empty promises to these characters is super damaging
    Yes, Tony and Cap died trying to kill each other.... they looked like complete idiots. That's ideally what you want to try an avoid. The heroes spent the last freaking 2 years fighting each other... I think we needed to see them actually act like freaking heroes in the end and thankfully that's what we got, because Namor and T'Challa were able to do what Tony and Steve could not.

Not shockinginly when heroes stopped fighting each other and instead decided to work together they actually started making some progress. That wasn't a coincidence.

If T'Challa wants to kill Namor after Secret Wars MAYBE that would be okay. Not that I necessarily wanted to see it, but it at least would show T'Challa and Namor have enough sense to put the greater good above their vendetta. But continuing to try and kill each other while the multiverse still needed saving was frankly just self centered and foolish. And they were better than that.

So Fortnite is doing a Marvel theme and apparently there's speculation Black Panther will be in the next batch of skins.

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    Exactly, the conflicted T'Challa we got made perfect sense. The decision to destroy billions to save his kingdom was the biggest choice he had to make in his entire publication history. The idea that he also had to work with the man that flooded his capital was interesting too, but ultimately his refusal to do what needed to be done in both cases was inconsistent with the T'Challa we had seen with Priest and Hudlin.

Those were literally the two biggest subplots for his character in that run and he failed at both, miserably at that. And look at the end results: disowned by his ancestors, dead sister, Wakanda obliterated, failed to get revenge, his contributions to the saving of the multiverse a footnote in the story of Reed and Doom. He looked cool but failing in style is still failing.

And it all comes down to Hickman's "plot is god" writing. T'Challa didn't destroy that Earth because the writer needed Namor to join the Cabal. He didn't kill Namor because Hickman wanted them to work together to distract Doom so Reed could save the day. He didn't even give T'Challa enough agency to pull the trigger and destroy Atlantis, Shuri made that call and looked like the badass while doing it. I'd even go as far as saying that the "moral to a fault" characterization Coates is using with T'Challa now has it's roots in the way he was written during New Avengers.
    I disagree with all of this. at the end of Hickman's run wakanda was still strong still standing and on a better path for the future. Coats made the decision to uturn that path. The difference between Tchalla and Shuri is that Shuri is passion where as Tchalla is logic. Logically it makes sense to see the bigger picture. Logically it makes sense to squash the Namor beef (I prefer they didn't) in order to save the entire multiverse. Destroying Atlantis is fun and all but it wasn't the logical choice at the time considering the real threat out there. Its not morality, its logic.

Also, Reed may get the final credit but Reed CLEARLY gave credit for the final plan to Black Panther. And Doom recognized it was Panther who set the final battle in motion before he even showed up on the battle field. Let give credit where it is due.

I'll also critic where its due. I wanted more from T'challa but as you can see by his current and past publication history, what we got (third most important cog in the Hickman wheel for Marvel's biggest event ever) is nothing to be pissed about.