Page 25 of 343 FirstFirst ... 152122232425262728293575125 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Yeah, low bar but JLD has a better track record atm than Justice League (post-Crisis at least) has with WW.
    Yeah. Oh man, wasn't there that one storyline in JL 2016 about her son from the future and his "dad" was darkness incarnate and Hippolyta was a villain or something?

Whyyyyyyyyy.

Quote Originally Posted by I'm a Fish View Post
    Yeah. Oh man, wasn't there that one storyline in JL 2016 about her son from the future and his "dad" was darkness incarnate and Hippolyta was a villain or something?

Whyyyyyyyyy.
    Sounds like the writer ripped-off Claremont's idea of the Phoenix Force being Rachel Grey's "father".

Quote Originally Posted by Psy-lock View Post
    Sounds like the writer ripped-off Claremont's idea of the Phoenix Force being Rachel Grey's "father".
    I wouldn't even be surprised, since the Dark Phoenix Saga is Marvel's most ripped-off story and everything adjacent to it is up for grabs.

Quote Originally Posted by I'm a Fish View Post

Whyyyyyyyyy.
    Yeah, book's made more interested in Diana interacting with Zee and Swamp Thing over Bruce and Clark atm.

And Red Son and Blackest Night join the roster now.

Red Son I think is the only time I’ve loved Elseworld redesigns for all three of the Trinity. Supes, Bats, and Diana all looked great design wise.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Red Son I think is the only time I’ve loved Elseworld redesigns for all three of the Trinity. Supes, Bats, and Diana all looked great design wise.
    GL had the best though.

I kind of preferred the white/gold design from the animated film. She was also, mostly, better characterized there.

GL had the best though.

I kind of preferred the white/gold design from the animated film. She was also, mostly, better characterized there.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Nothing gets past you, Supes.
    Last edited by Gaius; 04-22-2021 at 07:52 AM.

GL had the best though.

The way she caught his punch be like *Chef's kiss*

If only she wasn't a stereotyped "feminazi"/"all men be bad" type. At least she didn't flaunt over Superman and wasn't tossed away like in the book.
    Zaldrīzes Buzdari Iksos Daor

Diana with white hair works.

Quote Originally Posted by masterwitcher88 View Post
    The way she caught his punch be like *Chef's kiss*

If only she wasn't a stereotyped "feminazi"/"all men be bad" type. At least she didn't flaunt over Superman and wasn't tossed away like in the book.
    On that aspect, I agree. I could have done without the "men suck" comments but I liked it was shown she was the only one interested in trying to get the Americans and Soviets to end the Cold War.

Tossing out one-sided crushes on a Supes/Bats is also, always, a good thing.

So someone on reddit did a deep fake of Jennifer Connelly as Wonder Woman:

https://www.reddit.com/r/WonderWoman...mp&utm_medium=

Looks very similar to Jenny Frisson's WW:

(Not the superhero I had in mind for Jennifer Connelly but it's still cool nonetheless.)

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Am I correct in thinking that the lasso's ability to compel factual "truth" from someone is and has always been limited to the individual's own subjective knowledge and feelings? Aside from maybe resisting mind-control. Someone could say something factually false that they believe to be true, correct?

And have there been any stories where the Lasso's ability to discern truth was explored?

Quote Originally Posted by Lightning Rider View Post
    Am I correct in thinking that the lasso's ability to compel factual "truth" from someone is and has always been limited to the individual's own subjective knowledge and feelings? Aside from maybe resisting mind-control. Someone could say something factually false that they believe to be true, correct?

And have there been any stories where the Lasso's ability to discern truth was explored?
    Yes and no? I think there has been stories where if the subject 100% believe it's true than it can be a work around. (can't remember any of the top of my head)

But the lasso is also omniscient and it can be used to show someone the truth, even if that isn't what they feel to be true. Rebirth started off with Diana using the lasso on herself to realize someone else was lying to her. So it doesn't just make people tell the truth, but show's it to them as well, whether they witnessed the events or not.

Really, it just depends on the story. But I think the second one is much more common among the two, since I can't remember and example of the first one off the top of my head.

And then there's Cheetah who's flat out immune to the lasso, because reasons.

Edit: Someone correct me if I'm wrong but didn't Gail Simone's run go into detail with the lasso at times? I think the early part of Perez's run did as well, with Ares especially.
    Last edited by I'm a Fish; 04-23-2021 at 09:46 AM.