Page 10 of 112 FirstFirst ... 678910111213142060110 ... LastLast

What would be really interesting to see is if they go back to the roots of the Captain Britain power with the Amulet of Right and the Sword of Might, and change the mythos just a bit. Give one to each of the Braddock twins and have them be two sides of the same coin. Brian as Captain Britain and Betsy as Lady Briton. They would represent the dichotomy between reason and violence, as well as mind and body (in terms of their powers).
    I like boys, comics, Disney, and traveling. // follow me @ itsnickmen
    “Have courage and be kind. Where there is kindness there is goodness, and where there is goodness there is magic.”
    Cinderella

Ultimate Member

Well they seem to view Psylocke as only pertaining to the more Asian body and probably view it and the butterfly and all of that as being part of the problem, the "new" Betsy is what they want their own character and Captain Britain won't be her title forever and then it leaves her with basically a whole new character to make for herself, which is another problem with giving most of what made Betsy Betsy to Kwannon...

Quote Originally Posted by gifted View Post
    What would be really interesting to see is if they go back to the roots of the Captain Britain power with the Amulet of Right and the Sword of Might, and change the mythos just a bit. Give one to each of the Braddock twins and have them be two sides of the same coin. Brian as Captain Britain and Betsy as Lady Briton. They would represent the dichotomy between reason and violence, as well as mind and body (in terms of their powers).
    This is kind of exactly what I’m hoping for. One twin takes Amulet, one takes Sword, and they switch and swap as needs arise. The Braddocks are the X-Men’s Skywalkers. Let’s see both Luke and Leia as Otherworld Jedis.

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    Well they seem to view Psylocke as only pertaining to the more Asian body and probably view it and the butterfly and all of that as being part of the problem, the "new" Betsy is what they want their own character and Captain Britain won't be her title forever and then it leaves her with basically a whole new character to make for herself, which is another problem with giving most of what made Betsy Betsy to Kwannon...
    Both Brian and Betsy will need new aliases when they’re not Captain’ed. Let Psylocke be. Let’s focus on Braddocks, Agents of Otherworld.

Ultimate Member

That or they could view that whenever Excalibur ends that they won't make a mention of the whole Captain Britain name thing for many more years...going forward yeah she'll have to reinvent herself all over again after no longer being CB anymore whenever that is...

Asrar Captain Britain.

I wonder if this is a sneak peek from X-Men #8? The one Asrar is taking over; it doesn’t really look like the same composition as his covers.

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    This is kind of exactly what I’m hoping for. One twin takes Amulet, one takes Sword, and they switch and swap as needs arise. The Braddocks are the X-Men’s Skywalkers. Let’s see both Luke and Leia as Otherworld Jedis.
    Yes! I can totally get behind this.

Quote Originally Posted by Psycwave View Post
    Asrar Captain Britain.

I wonder if this is a sneak peek from X-Men #8? The one Asrar is taking over; it doesn’t really look like the same composition as his covers.
    Hmm. I wonder. It also looks like Big Ben is on fire. X-Men #8 is about the New Mutants returning from space, so not entirely sure for what this would be.
    “Have courage and be kind. Where there is kindness there is goodness, and where there is goodness there is magic.”
    Cinderella

Ultimate Member

Maybe it's a vision or something like that, magical fire...though one would think that if the other X-Men saw this that they would do something about it...

It's Rachel's latest astral form.

It's Rachel's latest astral form.
    I literally LOL'd. Haha.
    Cinderella

Quote Originally Posted by MetalPsyc View Post
    I think the decision was made to have Betsy "move on" from the Psylocke brand (which they/Marvel gave to Kwannon).

I think the decision is stupid. The butterfly always and has been Betsy personal signature in both her pre and ninja days. Nowadays, Betsy only has a new costume and a pair of psy-sword/shield with no sign of the Captain Britain power, which is pale in comparison with her using her telepathy (even telekinesis) creatively in recent years.
    Yes to all of this.

Both Brian and Betsy will need new aliases when they’re not Captain’ed. Let Psylocke be. Let’s focus on Braddocks, Agents of Otherworld.
    Here for it.

Hmm. I wonder. It also looks like Big Ben is on fire. X-Men #8 is about the New Mutants returning from space, so not entirely sure for what this would be.
    Hmmm. It’s possible that it is just a cover but I feel the aipt preview is usually a snippet from inside of an issue? Perhaps a cutscene in the issue giving us a taste of a future HiX-men issue? Who knows. Whatever it is I’m excited to see it. Asrar’s Betsy >>>

BANNED

to be fair , kwannon so far has not displayed the butterfly crown that betsy does, she just creates small butterflies with her powers, something i dont think betsy ever did, and even then she also considers betsy a butterfly when sinister asks her if there was some level of destiny at play.

what i mean is that I feel its gone for a bit but It will probably return because its just that iconic.
    As a magik fan having a bajilion power signatures, bajilion sword and armor designs can be frustrating, but some core traits are too important and the psycic butterfly crown is attached to betsy especially when in her own body, both in the 80's and in dissasembled/extremists.

BANNED

Asrar Captain Britain.

yasss queen of historical references, ugly city purging and destruction of monuments to evil institutions, we stan

Yes! I can totally get behind this.
    Here for it.
    Like so:

BOTHCAPS.jpg

I love how in that pic she has like a snatched blush and highlighter.