Page 21 of 93 FirstFirst ... 111718192021222324253171 ... LastLast

Gen 1 Year 12 Dinah Lance born
    Gen 2 Year 4 Black Canary (Dinah Lance) joins JLA
    Does this make her 17 when joining JLA? And 16 when Wally and Dick (who must be at least 10) become sidekicks? Check my math - have I gotten off a generation or misread a year?

Retired

I could see a case for the many Hawkmen, where the "ka" goes into many different bodies (and even hops around the time-space continuum) and none of these bodies remembers the other lives. So you could have a Thanagarian cop Katar Hol and a JSA chairman Carter Hall that are distinct individuals, with very different personalities. But it almost seems pointless to connect these two guys through this timey-wimey reincarnation story.

BANNED

Is Hawkman on the chart?

Ok, so missing stuff so far, and a few finds.

+ Powergirl. I guess she may find a place in Gen 2, Supes row. No year that I could pinpoint.

+ Roy becoming Arsenal. I guess that would be Gen 3 year 5, if the first titan entry for year 6 (Zero Hour) is TEEN TITANS DISBANDED. The ANTT team I read in Year 7 seems to have something readable as PRYSM; and then just in Year 8, that new team is DISBAND, if I read it right. Do you think it fits? I think I can read a MIA and something that could be DARDEN following in Year 7, what do you think about it?

+ Roy, Chesire and Lian. Gen 3? Green row. Same about the year, but I guess in the second half, just in between or following.

+ I wonder if there won't be a Young Justice team. And I'm starting to think that they're going to put the Outsiders in this row as well. There are several cells with two items. This team could be placed after IC (Y9), and that row is blank from year 10 up until year 13. Maybe they're still reworking that part for those "younger" teams.

+ Ah, by the way. Gen 3, year 13. Titans row, second item: TEEN TITANS: TIM, CASSIE SANDSMARK, BLUE BEETLE and something else I can't read. I'm adding it, even if two are still in red.

I'll be back.
    Last edited by Zaresh; 10-06-2019 at 12:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    But what confuses me is situations like which Nightwing origin story is the canon one? Is the 80s NTT story where he first became Nightwing the one writers will use as reference, or is it the Nightwing Year One story? He became Nigthwing in very different ways in both stories. It is situations like these where you have two conflicting stories where I don't know which one is the "current" canon story.
    In post-Rebirth continuity, it's probably a version of Nightwing Year One. Lazarus Contract makes it so Judas Contract doesn't happen the same way.

This timeline tho? Very clearly considers The Judas Contract as the real origin. It's just that between Dick getting de-aged alongside everyone else and forgetting things alongside everyone else, stuff like Rebirth Titans happened. So maybe Nightwing Year One also happened sometime in Gen 3 in some form, but it's not as important as anything from NTT because NTT happened first and is, you know, the better story lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaresh View Post
    Ok, so missing stuff so far, and a few finds.

+ Powergirl. I guess she may find a place in Gen 2, Supes row. No year that I could pinpoint.

+ Roy becoming Arsenal. I guess that would be Gen 3 year 5, if the first titan entry for year 6 (Zero Hour) is TEEN TITANS DISBANDED. The ANTT team I read in Year 7 seems to have something readable as PRYSM; and then just in Year 8, that new team is DISBAND, if I read it right. Do you think it fits? I think I can read a MIA and something that could be DARDEN following in Yeat 7, what do you think about it?

+ Roy, Chesire and Lian. Gen 3? Green row. Same about the year, but I guess in the second half, just in between or following.

+ I wonder if there won't be a Young Justice team. And I'm starting to think that they're going to put the Outsiders in this row as well. There are several cells with two items. This team could be placed after IC (Y9), and that row is blank from year 10 up until year 13. Maybe they're still reworking that part for those "younger" teams.

+ Ah, by the way. Gen 3, year 13. Titans row, second item: TEEN TITANS: TIM, CASSIE SANDSMARK, BLUE BEETLE and something else I can't read. I'm adding it, even if two are still in red.

I'll be back.
    So will Jason debut the same year Dick becomes Nightwing? He dies in gen 3, year 2, and returns 8 years later as Red Hood. If Tim is still 13 when he becomes Robin (big "if") in year 4 (bigger gap than in comics), he'll be 19 when Jason returns. Barring some sort of de-aging between the two events.

Steph's debut as Robin is present - did anyone see her debut as Spoiler? I assume the pregnancy is still erased from continuity. Selina's, too. Though with this timeline, Steph's kid would be the right age to be on a team with Jon.

Made some updates and included the other generations. Still need to fill in quite a bit in Generation 3 but I can see I have some stuff that others are missing.

Generation 1-4 New DC Timeline

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tzigone View Post
    So will Jason debut the same year Dick becomes Nightwing? He dies in gen 3, year 2, and returns 8 years later as Red Hood. If Tim is still 13 when he becomes Robin (big "if") in year 4 (bigger gap than in comics), he'll be 19 when Jason returns. Barring some sort of de-aging between the two events.

Steph's debut as Robin is present - did anyone see her debut as Spoiler? I assume the pregnancy is still erased from continuity. Selina's, too. Though with this timeline, Steph's kid would be the right age to be on a team with Jon.
    Jesus Christ this is a mess

Quote Originally Posted by Tzigone View Post

I think they might, yeah. They could put the Mongul Supes story that same year, too. And that's a very, very, very late pre-COIE story that has been brought back into continuity a few times already, with Jason in it playing his role even.

I looked for her as Spoiler, or as plain "Stephanie Brown debuts", but couldn't find her anywhere. There is plenty of space to place that marker in year 5 or 6, or even as late as 8, depending on how old are they making her. I'm going to go with year 5 debuting as herself myself.

Edit:

Quote Originally Posted by Tenzel Kim View Post
    Made some updates and included the other generations. Still need to fill in quite a bit in Generation 3 but I can see I have some stuff that others are missing.

Generation 1-4 New DC Timeline
    Awesome! Thanks.
    I'm adding your new pieces in purple in the sheets as well.
    Last edited by Zaresh; 10-06-2019 at 01:05 PM. Reason: geez, I don't know how to even quote

BANNED

Cyborg is no longer a founding member right?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.B View Post
    Cyborg is no longer a founding member right?
    Of the JLA? Nope.
    So far, he has only shown once in the Titans row, I think.

Edit: I added JASON TODD DEBUTS AS ROBIN, tentatively, just under DICK GRAYSON DEBUTS AS NIGHTWING in the Year 15 of Gen 2. Yay!

There are some nice additions to both gen 2 and 3 thanks to @Tenzel's pdf.
    Last edited by Zaresh; 10-06-2019 at 01:40 PM.

BANNED

I see Hawkman joins JLA.

Wheres the mention of the other Jsa'ers like Hourman?

Superfan Through The Ages BBally's Avatar

I noticed that original Superboy was mentioned on the chart, if that's the case what's the point of removing Clark's influence from Legion lore then, Bendis?
    No matter how many reboots, new origins, reinterpretations or suit redesigns. In the end, he will always be SUPERMAN

Credit for avatar goes to zclark

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by BBally View Post
    I noticed that original Superboy was mentioned on the chart, if that's the case what's the point of removing Clark's influence from Legion lore then, Bendis?
    Timeline probably represents what should've happened. Either that or Bendis's stuff is getting ignored.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.B View Post
    I see Hawkman joins JLA.

Wheres the mention of the other Jsa'ers like Hourman?
    This is so minor in the scheme of things but JLA membership seems almost to echo pre-Crisis history but I was a little surprised to see The Atom joins before Green Arrow. If they're going to hew that closely to original history it seems a little odd to re-order the first and second members to join after founding members.

Mostly I'm just really gratified to see DC seems to be going with an "it all happened" and "it all happened in the order it did in the original stories" timeline, even if it's necessarily imperfect in a lot of ways.

Still holding out hope for JSA on their own earth though it seems unlikely.