Page 67 of 118 FirstFirst ... 175763646566676869707177117 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,005 of 1758

Just saw episode part two of Dick’s hallucination and self-pity party for one. This season of Titans is all over the map writing wise...I actually don’t care what is happening to the characters anymore. The writers have me disliking Gar, not really liking Dick’s self-pity obsession, making me care even even less about Donna. Kory’s character is getting a wee bit better development because it’s another and new and hopefully going to be a more well thought out and more well written storyline (not holding my breath here...)

At this point I want Dick to just show up as Nightwing (without referencing how he came to be and ignore what has gone before) rescue lobotomized Gar, Connor and Krypto - take lobotomized Gar to Doom Manor and leave the stupid idiot there for good - for all that, he can leave emo-pouting-ass-swishing-goth girl Raven there with Gar. Drop Connor off at the Daily Planet with Lois and keep Krypto as a Titan. Nightwing can then tell Donna to get her ass back to Themyscira and don’t come back until she is an actual Amazon.

Then Nightwing, Krypto and Kory can go off to Tamaran and depose Blackfire from the throne and rule happily ever after...The End.

*facepalm* Don’t even want to touch the whole Jason and Rose thing �� This show is just barely watchable, imho.

Quote Originally Posted by orionblue View Post
    Just saw episode part two of Dick’s hallucination and self-pity party for one. This season of Titans is all over the map writing wise...I actually don’t care what is happening to the characters anymore. The writers have me disliking Gar, not really liking Dick’s self-pity obsession, making me care even even less about Donna. Kory’s character is getting a wee bit better development because it’s another and new and hopefully going to be a more well thought out and more well written storyline (not holding my breath here...)

At this point I want Dick to just show up as Nightwing (without referencing how he came to be and ignore what has gone before) rescue lobotomized Gar, Connor and Krypto - take lobotomized Gar to Doom Manor and leave the stupid idiot there for good - for all that, he can leave emo-pouting-ass-swishing-goth girl Raven there with Gar. Drop Connor off at the Daily Planet with Lois and keep Krypto as a Titan. Nightwing can then tell Donna to get her ass back to Themyscira and don’t come back until she is an actual Amazon.

Then Nightwing, Krypto and Kory can go off to Tamaran and depose Blackfire from the throne and rule happily ever after...The End.

*facepalm* Don’t even want to touch the whole Jason and Rose thing �� This show is just barely watchable, imho.
    Bah, you're just jealous that Jason steals the show whenever he's on.

Uh, Kory? I know you weren't exactly in your right mind because you were craving donuts something fierce, but please, when Bruce Wayne does it it's "batsplaining" not "mansplaining". Bruce was so busy sending subliminal messages to the female Titans to have them meet that I'm starting to think he is using some sort of Tibetan (or Martian) mind trick to astrally project himself into Dick's mind to get him out of his funk. Also, he probably owns that prison, that's why it's going to be easy for Dick to get out (seriously, do Kory and Rachel have a plan for Dick? Just beating up some guards and freeing him isn't going to help him in the long run). But hey...Jericho lives!

Quote Originally Posted by Tracer Bullet View Post
    Weakest episode of the season. I really wish they hadn't ever bothered introducing Gar. We are one and a half seasons in and they still don't knew what to do with him. I spent all of last season wondering why he's there, and still...

I get that the CGI budget is a problem but I feel confident Doom Patrol would've done right by him.
    They could've swapped Gar and Vic on the two shows, and I would've been very happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Blind Wedjat View Post
    Gar had a bit more screen time, but I don't care to see him do martial arts. I know Ryan Potter is like a blackbelt or something but come on now, he legit fights as good as Jason or Dick and that shouldn't even be possible.
    He was trained by Dick, so there's that. I guess they are playing up the idea that an in control good Garfield Logan fights through martial arts while the brainwashed one turns into a tiger and mauls people. Until he learns to embrace his inner Beast Boy, that is.

Quote Originally Posted by orionblue View Post
    Kory’s character is getting a wee bit better development because it’s another and new and hopefully going to be a more well thought out and more well written storyline (not holding my breath here...)
    I hate that Kory's best character moments seem to be when she's away from the main cast.

I think that I wrote to quickly after having seen ep 11 and realized how the writing has been such a mess - especially for what they have been doing with Gar. I don’t think that the writers know what to do with or how to portray Gar.

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Bah, you're just jealous that Jason steals the show whenever he's on.
    Ruins the show, more like. I cannot stand anything about Jason or Rose. They just complain and complain about nothing and everything and for no damned reason. I hope everybody lets Jason fall the next time he's pushed from a building.
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

Incredible Member

Finale Trailer Introduces Dick Grayson as Nightwing

This season started off strong but has meandered all over the place. Breaking up the team so soon was a big mistake, IMO. It just feels like they're killing time, with no real direction for the show. We weren't a team, now we're a team, now we're not a team, now we're a team again and Dick has a new costume.

I feel like Dick's transition to Nightwing could have been done without derailing the whole season this way.

www.taurianfilms.com KabutoRyder's Avatar

OK so the episode before the season finale....finally Nightwing is here. Well, so close, but we don't see him suited up until the next episode. Will it be worth the wait? Like...a lot is hanging on this. You spent the entirety of season two to get to this point so will it be worthwhile? Not sure.

Jericho is alive and fighting against his father. I reckon this will play a part in how the team is able to take Slade down in the end.

Curious as to how much time the plots will get. We have Slade to deal with but also Cadmus mind controlling Conner and Gar and then whomever is dying. That's a lot to wrap up in like 50 minutes.

But at least everyone will be together as a team and doing team things. This be together, not be together flipflopping has been kind of annoying.

Astonishing Member Blind Wedjat's Avatar

Another weak episode, but had some of the strongest moments in the series. Namely the Rose and Jason stuff. The kid playing Jason continues to kill it acting wise, and the acting for Rose was a lot better this time around. It's a shame that it took the twelfth episode to finally do something with Rose and finally know a little more about her, but at least it was good stuff. I do wish that she had a more personal reason for infiltrating the Titans (perhaps her and Jericho should have been close), but I liked Slade's plan nonetheless. That being said, from the get-go we should have been shown that Rose was a spy sent by Deathstroke. It should have been a recurring tension every episode since she was introduced. We could have seen Rose continue to feed Slade intel and the viewer would have to decide what Rose was doing was either deception or not. It could have made for some truly great writing. A real missed opportunity, because Rose deciding to quit didn't feel like a strong moment at all. It came out of nowhere. It should have felt a lot more powerful. Her relationship with Jason was rushed too, but both of them played it so well so I can't complain that much.

Everything else was pretty bad though. Dick's journey to Nightwing continues to be unceasingly slow and padded. The Jericho and Slade mindscape thing was cool but again, it's something we should have been seeing from earlier episodes. Dick discovering it doesn't feel like a big deal. Likewise the faux-Hawk subplot was beyond useless. I have no idea why this episode was named after him if it wasn't exclusively dedicated to him. The Starfire and Rachel stuff was okay (don't get why Kory wouldn't just say her powers aren't working). While I don't care about the Gar stuff as well (tired of seeing that awful green CGI tiger), I'll admit I like what Ryan Potter does with the character in acting. Oh and they gave Donna stuff to do, so yay I guess.

Really not feeling strong about the season finale.

Astonishing Member

Did anybody find it kind of hilarious when Hank said something to the effect of, “killing is not the Titans way” even though the show has had the Titans kill a bunch of times?
    Last edited by Amadeus Arkham; 11-23-2019 at 10:31 AM.
    "I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.

Astonishing Member Blind Wedjat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Amadeus Arkham View Post
    Did anybody find it kind of hilarious when Hank said something to the effect of, “killing is not the Titans way” even though the show has had the Titans kill a bunch of times?
    Titans does a whole lot of telling and not showing. Or saying something and showing the exact opposite.

Still want Jason to fall off the next building and no one catch him. Everything out of his mouth is a whiny vomit. Shut up, Jason. Just shut up!

Otherwise, I loved episode 12. I was musing last week during the Bruce Wayne powwow that I could really dig the show if it were all the women. They were killing it again. Rachel and Kory in the car were awesome. Dawn was great, even fake dream Dawn. Donna was better, as well.

The talk about Dick's fruitcake preference was funny.
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST

Incredible Member

So “a titan will fall” we see the funeral and we see everyone in black outfits minus raven, jason, and Donna. But right next to the casket is a lasso. Would they really spoil that in the season finale trailer...

Most who have kept in touch with S3 news know Rachel and Jason are returning, anyway.

And "dying" is sort of one of the things Donna is known for.
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST

Quote Originally Posted by MyriVerse View Post
    Most who have kept in touch with S3 news know Rachel and Jason are returning, anyway.

And "dying" is sort of one of the things Donna is known for.
    Not really. She's known for confusing origins. Dying think is more Raven's thing.