Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    One of them (Lifeguard) did get mentioned in the last X-Position. Could that be a sign?
    The editors were using Lifeguard as the butt of a joke. I however would love to see her back along with the ohers mentioned in the X-Position.
    "Dear World: the nation of mutantkind is watching you. Do not #$%& with us." -Cable-

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================

Spurrier or David? I wouldn't mind trusting any of the mutants to either one of those guys...

Quote Originally Posted by sureshot View Post
    I don't understand either. It seems they want to make use of newer characters. Or ones with even worse names imo. Apparently Goldballs, Snot and Glob are better characters to use.
    I really don't see any codnames worse than Lifeguard and Thunderbird. Lifeguards' was just....kinda stupid, 'Hey Imm lifeguard and I save lives...I mean I GUARD lives, whoo almost was in a serious lawsuit, I mean I almost called myself LifeSav...' and Thunderbird's ......was just nooo. *see below*
    Quote Originally Posted by rdman View Post
    Yhey should have given neal an Indian super hero name. it shows lack of leadership on marvel's editors
    When I read my first Xtreme Xmen issue, I laughed at how horribly ignorant the whole name was.

Mild-Mannered Reporter BlitheringToot's Avatar

Shoot, I'd be willing to give it a shot. Y'hear me, Marvel? I'd do it. And I'd do it fer cheap!
    "What would you prefer? Yellow spandex?" – Scott Summers, 2000

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by just another user View Post
    Q: Who could write (any character) well?

A: a good writer.
    So no one.

Hickman. He made a powerful mutant straight male person of color and gave him life. But I think Hickman has made powerful straight male characters interesting regardless of skin color - Thor and Hyperion.

Hickman. He made a powerful mutant straight male person of color and gave him life. But I think Hickman has made powerful straight male characters interesting regardless of skin color - Thor and Hyperion.
    Thunderbird, should have been depowered and put on a bus. It's just tacky to have him around

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by S.k.i.d. View Post
    Thunderbird, should have been depowered and put on a bus. It's just tacky to have him around
    Why? Because of his codename? They could change that.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    ...iirc CC also wanted to use a different codename....
    I believe Claremont wanted to call Neal Agni, after the Hindu god of fire. That idea got shot down because Marvel editorial thought it sounded too much like "acne."
    Yhey should have given neal an Indian super hero name. it shows lack of leadership on marvel's editors
    Back on the old Comixfan website, I once suggested several codenames from Indian mythology. CC PMed me back, saying, "*Sigh!* Where were you two years ago?" IMHO Garuda would be a good choice. Like the Thunderbird, it's a mythic bird associated with storms and lightning.

I'd like to see a reunion between Neal and Karima; they really need to talk, if only to clear the air. IMHO Neal owes her an apology for getting her involved with the Omega sentinels.
    Last edited by Anodyne; 06-10-2015 at 12:12 PM.
    Beverly Allen, the Bee--with honey and stinger.

"If humans have souls, then clones will have them, too."--Arthur Caplan

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    Why? Because of his codename? They could change that.
    Maybe, but we all know how consistent X-writers are with Codenames, Right Meltdown...Boomer..Boom Boom...time Bomb.... But it's not just the codename I am rereading XXM and Tbird just comes off as a chump. Lifeguard and her brother Slipstream (I don't EVEN know) swoop in, and the whole group falls in love. I remember reading it at the same time New X-men (Morrison came out) and I was really enjoying both books, but then Tbird, literally forgets Psylocke in a whole five minutes, and falls in love with a Blonde Golden Armored Pam Anderson. And Storm falls in love with a Justin Timberlake (with lamer hair) Surfer. So while Storm is babysitting JTT Bishop is walking around in Daisy Dukes being hit on by Sage (creeeeepy) or ignored. The whole super blonde hair, blue eyed, uber-sexy thing is such a tired trope that settling the brown people up with them just makes it icky. I'm not saying that Storm should have been with bishop (before than I had no opinion either way) But to see this veteran x-men prattle to her BFF Jean on and on about how Slipstream takes her dancing, and steals her breath away is laughable. New X-men at least had Angel, Xorn (i know I know, but he started off Asian) and even Radian and Tattoo were kinda cool. I also thought that since the only other characters brought to the XXM were Cannonball, Magma, Lila Cheney, Wolverine, and a newly lightened Sunspot! The characters of Lifeguard and Tbird left a taste in the readers mouths so icky that any hope of new interesting characters were dashed. So glad I chose NXM. I'm sure these are people here love Tbird, and Lifeguard, and I'm not trying to crap on them, but this thread just happened to concide with my re-reading the book. *rants over* but it just irks me that these guys are powered up walking around while Jubilee, Moonstar, Tag, Hub, Artie, Angel,Tarot, Donyell, Feral, Thornn, Bandit, even that creepy rat face kid from the "Murder at the Mansion" etc. are either dead or depowered. *rant really over*

BANNED

I would really like to see them bring back Slipstream . He had a very cool powerset and I like the short lived romance between him and Storm.

BANNED

I liked all those characters. Most of the criticism was pretty irrational coming form crybabies. Not like peeps complaining about Terri Baltimore, she was crap. If TBIII rejected his society's norms and "heritage" that makes him even cooler! We need more non PC friendly characters pandering to weeping extreme leftists that still manage to upset the right wing conservatives.

I'm not sure about the writer but I think an Aquaman approach might be necessary: making the characters self aware that they're considered jokes by society at large and even by other X-Men but then having them rise above it and be good at what they do. I think that approach would work wonders with characters like Adam-X, Maggott, Lifeguard, Thunderbird III, Slipstr... Sorry. Nothing and no one can help Slipstream.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

BANNED

Fixing them would be crap. That's like telling people to conform. F that.