Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Endsong View Post
    We know the cast will be larger than that since it seems clear threoccur and Lorna will reoccur.
    I seriously doubt Lorna will be more than a guest star. She doesn't fit Bunn's theme.

Great X-POSITION. Glad my question got asked. Didn't expect much of an answer, but can you blame a guy for trying?

Really looking forward to this series. Love the preview art too. I want to see the O5 fight together as a team again. They haven't really had a chance to do that since the end of Bendis' run. Things just keep coming along to tear them apart. Hope that doesn't happen this time.

I still hope it's Daken who's [REDACTED] and not Jimmy Hudson. Given Daken's history with Ms. Sinister, I think that would be more fitting. I'm not getting my hopes up though. Too much evidence says points to Jimmy.

Ms. Sinister is one of those characters who always has some memorable moments, but she never really gets a chance to grow. I hope she gets that chance here in X-men Blue. If the O5 X-men are going to have a primary villain, then why not Ms. Sinister? I think she could definitely challenge them in some unique ways.

I'd much rather she be the main villain than Emma. I don't doubt that she'll be somewhat villainous for a while. But I think Bunn, and other writers, have made clear that Emma is a bit more fluid with her role. She can be a villain, but she can be a hero too. That's a huge appeal to her character. I hope she gets a chance to do both in this series, especially if it means more awkward moments between her and O5 Jean.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

BANNED

Oh my question got answered...sort of. I can't wait to find out what Jean and Magneto's motives are.

And that art is looking amazing. It looks a lot less cartoony then the initial couple preview pages of X-Men Blue.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post
    While I might not be too thrilled for the romance aspect this book has to offer, I'm still really looking forward to seeing Bunn write more of Jean. I'm excited to see what he has in store for her, and find out what her ulterior motives are. Also intrigued to see the dynamic between Jean and Magneto as well.

LOVE those previews by Molina. I love how expressive and detailed his art is.
    I hope he doesn't tame her down too much, which was the impression I got from reading him write her during the Uncanny IvX crossover.

From twitter:

Cullen Bunn‏Verified account @cullenbunn 2h2 hours ago
    . @nvtegrey More women in X-MEN BLUE's future--team members, guest stars, and supporting cast!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post
    Ah old time Danger Room battles.

Who are the four? Any guesses?
    Interesting. Good answers as always. I'm intrigued to know if he'll keep this from Lorna and Briar...he isn't saying it directly but they will be showing up.

And I definitely am wondering if there will be a new level of tension to Psylocke and Rogue over this Magneto situation.

Glad that Bunn was honest about his feelings on the book. Not sure why editorial insists on inflicting the O5 on us. The team format is a relic from another time - bunch of white dudes with a token (also white) female. They're not reflective of what the X-Men have looked like for a long time now, or of superhero teams in general really. Not to mention their stories have already been told. No surprise they're not resonating with anyone except those who have nostalgia or people who really love Jeen and Tyke. (Haven't seen many vocal Bobby, Hank, or Warren fans). I'll probably check out th first issue just to see what's going on with Magneto. More than likely I'll be dropping X-team books for a while though. Just the idea of the bore5 puts me to sleep. Bunn would have to work a miracle to turn that around. If he put Pixie and Polaris in the book my interest would be more piqued.

At least Kymera will most likely show up as I'm sure Bunn would do something interesting with her. She's not a character that is a big draw for me, but at least she would introduce an element of diversity and something new.

BANNED

I'm tired of a vocal group of fans acting like they speak for the majority.

"Oh the original 5 suck! They don't sell and will never happen! Why does Marvel keep pushing them?!?"

They were consistently the best selling book the last time all 5 were together outselling basically the same current Gold line up.

"No racial diversity blah blah blah."

I don't know about you, but I can relate to someone through their actions and feelings regardless of what race they are. To say some race quota needs to be filled for good stories to be told or to somehow make a better team is rather short sighted.

Wait. Did Bunn hint at Kymera.

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post
    Assuming that the additional cast members are Jimmy, Kymera, and Briar that would still only be three women on a recurring cast of nine. That's not great.

I will say the art does look very good.
    And only two POC.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post
    The more I learn about Blue the less interested I become in it. I'll still check out the first issue but it will have to be pretty damn good to get me to stick around, and quite frankly, I'm not nearly as enamored with Bunn's writing as the rest of these boards seem to be.
    Bunn's .magneto made everyone writing at Marvel Comics look paltry in comparison. Who would of thought cohesive writing could do such a thing, eh? A far cry from the nightmare Fraction and Bendis days...

Bring on Miss Sinister...

Quote Originally Posted by Bart View Post

"Oh the original 5 suck! They don't sell and will never happen! Why does Marvel keep pushing them?!?"

They were consistently the best selling book the last time all 5 were together outselling basically the same current Gold line up.

I don't know about you, but I can relate to someone through their actions and feelings regardless of what race they are. To say some race quota needs to be filled for good stories to be told or to somehow make a better team is rather short sighted.
    I don't personally have a problem with the O5 lineup but you gotta stop saying that...

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post
    Wait. Did Bunn hint at Kymera.

And only two POC.
    On Twitter, he said that she had a good chance of appearing.

Good for you. You dont mind not being represented, but many others do. The X-Men represent not only superheroes but any oppressed minority group who gets discriminated against. No one is forcing a racial quota but is it so wrong to ask for a realistic team? Especially when you kick off the POC (Oya, Evan) who were already on the team.

Whether or not it matters to you, representation is important.

As for the fact that other peoples' opinions are so offensive to you, well, that's your problem.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I asked this in the Magnus thread but why would the O5 even take him on as a mentor? Why would he bother with these kids considering his current status quo?
    We'll have that answer maybe next week in Prime..