Page 193 of 271 FirstFirst ... 93143183189190191192193194195196197203243 ... LastLast
Results 2,881 to 2,895 of 4051
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    One of Wanda's greatest moments, when she weaponised Avengers Assemble! and blow up an Elder of the Universe. She would never be able to do that with the X-men
    Yeah, I always like the idea that history and story carries power within themselves, at least that's how I understand it.
    Wanda basically transformed abstract spirit behind Avengers Assemble! into a tangible force.

Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post
    WandaVision Funko pops!

These look awesome, I'm definitely going for the Halloween POPs, maybe the 50's Wanda as well

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    Yeah, I always like the idea that history and story carries power within themselves, at least that's how I understand it.
    Wanda basically transformed abstract spirit behind Avengers Assemble! into a tangible force.
    She did and what a result

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post

Is she... holding a lobster on the 50s figure? I wonder what relevance that has to the plot that they decided to add it to the toy.

I love how they gave her a pregnant belly for the 70s one. Adorable.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    Is she... holding a lobster on the 50s figure? I wonder what relevance that has to the plot that they decided to add it to the toy.
    As the only named Lobster in the MU (that I know of) is named Bill, I have arbitrarily decided that this is the first appearance of Billy. Metaphorically.

Maybe it's her familiar

I believe the second wave of Funkos (because there are 11) will be Monica, Agatha in her Witch costume? Scarlet Witch final costume

There Is this one as well, so we already know 7 of them so far

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post

I love how they gave her a pregnant belly for the 70s one. Adorable.
    I'm confused about Vision wearing shorts. Has he ever done that in the comic books? That figure of him reminds me of Bart Simpson! I think the lobster might have something to do with Wanda and Vision cooking together. It's been heavily hinted at by Bettany that the two of them will be spending some time in the kitchen together. As I've stated many times before here, to have two of the most powerful characters in the MCU talking about fucking paprika while so many big battles are going on outside in Captain America: Civil War was a really strange creative decision:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d4Dvj6r-pLA
    Last edited by Albert1981; 10-13-2020 at 09:03 AM.

DC and Marvel had backs and forths on things for years, but it had zero impact on Marvel putting Simon in the movies. I'm talking about when Gunn teased Simon in 2017. He was gonna be in the movies. Gunn cut his scene for time. Something from 1976 has no bearing on the MCU now.

Again, Simon was gonna be just an actor in this universe, no superheroing or having been a villain for a short time. And I doubt people would confuse the two. Memes would happen for sure. But they haven't confused Shazam and Captain Marvel despite plenty of non-readers knowing of Billy Batson also being Captain Marvel.

This is also a universe that has the same actor in different roles, and actors that have played heroes for other studios. They aren't concerned with confusion. There's just gonna be some characters that don't make it. They aren't the focus.

Also, https://twitter.com/JamesGunn/status/864895527086727169

Yeah, I don't think stuff that happened over forty years ago has much legal relevance now. I just personally happen to believe that Wonder Man is sort of doubly derivative of two major DC heroes as this article states and that's why he was referred to as Simon Williams and not Wonder Man in the MCU (it probably plays a SMALL role in the decision to exclude Wonder Man, but I think it is one of them):

https://www.looper.com/198825/will-w...-marvel-movie/

And since Simon missed his moment to create Vision, I don't see him appearing in WandaVision.
    Last edited by Albert1981; 10-13-2020 at 08:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Albert1981 View Post
    I'm confused about Vision wearing shorts. Has he ever done that in the comic books? That figure of him reminds me of Bart Simpson! I think the lobster might have something to do with Wanda and Vision cooking together. It's been heavily hinted at by Bettany that the two of them will be spending some time in the kitchen together. As I've stated many times before here, to have two of the most powerful characters in the MCU talking about fucking paprika while so many big battles are going on outside in Captain America: Civil War was a really strange creative decision:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d4Dvj6r-pLA
    It's part of his Halloween costume, it's not supposed to be 100% accurate

Yeah, I don't think stuff that happened over forty years ago has much legal relevance now. I just personally happen to believe that Wonder Man is sort of doubly derivative of two major DC heroes as this article states and that's why he was referred to as Simon Williams and not Wonder Man in the MCU (it probably plays a SMALL role in the decision to exclude Wonder Man, but I think it is one of them):

https://www.looper.com/198825/will-w...-marvel-movie/

And since Simon missed his moment to create Vision, I don't see him appearing in WandaVision.
    It has nothing to do with the legal dispute which as mentioned was made null and void back in the 70's. He's called Simon Williams because that's his name, he's an actor not a superhero in the MCU. Heck Wanda isn't even called Scarlet Witch in the movies, it only appears on the credits and merchandise.

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    It has nothing to do with the legal dispute which as mentioned was made null and void back in the 70's. He's called Simon Williams because that's his name, he's an actor not a superhero in the MCU. Heck Wanda isn't even called Scarlet Witch in the movies, it only appears on the credits and merchandise.
    You're right. I'm not even sure if Clint has been referred to as Hawkeye yet in the MCU. I agree that Simon is an actor in this universe. I also think GenericUsername is correct in saying that not every one of the 5000 plus Marvel characters will make it into the movies/shows. I'm just glad we have the ones we have so far.

You're right. I'm not even sure if Clint has been referred to as Hawkeye yet in the MCU. I agree that Simon is an actor in this universe. I also think GenericUsername is correct in saying that not every one of the 5000 plus Marvel characters will make it into the movies/shows. I'm just glad we have the ones we have so far.
    Widow called him Hawkeye once on comms during the Battle of New York.

And Wanda not being called Scarlet Witch is because they have something planned for that. Wanda is a main focus. I don't think Simon ever will be. Which is why I'd also like a new Avengers cartoon. So they can have the time to dive more deep into Avengers lore. That is if the studio would let them and not just have more Movie-Vengers. And I don't have anything against the movie versions. It's just that Avengers lore has so much more to offer than that.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

And Wanda not being called Scarlet Witch is because they have something planned for that. Wanda is a main focus. I don't think Simon ever will be. Which is why I'd also like a new Avengers cartoon. So they can have the time to dive more deep into Avengers lore. That is if the studio would let them and not just have more Movie-Vengers. And I don't have anything against the movie versions. It's just that Avengers lore has so much more to offer than that.
    I don't want another Avengers cartoon unless they give the creators freedom from having to slavishly follow the movies and there's more effort to deliver a strong, overall, product.