Page 14 of 21 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    I can only speak for myself but I'm facetious in my worship because I have not seen them rule over anyone. Should Storm start commanding the humans of Earth to do things against their will, we'll start a new thread.
    I can see you're a good actor.

Still, can no one see how nonsensical it is for Storm (or anyone really) to be appointed regent of an entire solar system without input from the rest of the world? It doesn't matter if there's no practical change in the everyday lives of civilians, they are under the thumb of self-appointed elites.
    Does it need doing?
    Yes.
    Then it will be done.

Quote Originally Posted by Hizashi View Post
    I can see you're a good actor.

Still, can no one see how nonsensical it is for Storm (or anyone really) to be appointed regent of an entire solar system without input from the rest of the world? It doesn't matter if there's no practical change in the everyday lives of civilians, they are under the thumb of self-appointed elites.
    The way I see it, the mutants want a seat at the galactic table but because Earth is notoriously divided, that route won't work. So they terraformed a planet in the same system and said "hey galactic societies, we're ready to be taken seriously" and it worked with the exception of a few very big players. I'm sure they will be challenged along the way and that's the drama I'm looking forward to.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

And besides...this is comics, and X-Men comics specifically, where...from "unstable molecules" to "birthing a SWORD station" 90% of what occurs is "nonsensical" on some level.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    The way I see it, the mutants want a seat at the galactic table but because Earth is notoriously divided, that route won't work. So they terraformed a planet in the same system and said "hey galactic societies, we're ready to be taken seriously" and it worked with the exception of a few very big players. I'm sure they will be challenged along the way and that's the drama I'm looking forward to.
    That would only work for me if they, Krakoa and their government, left to that planet and independently put themselves on the galactic stage - instead they have presence on Earth and Mars, and have claimed representative power (dominion if you want to take it to its logical conclusion) over the solar system. I'm not jumping to the worst conclusions, I don't expect Storm to start making dictates about Earth or "space lanes" or something like that (I hope not), but as far as I'm concerned, this is bad enough on its own. We can discuss that if you like, I know not everyone feels this way.

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    And besides...this is comics, and X-Men comics specifically, where...from "unstable molecules" to "birthing a SWORD station" 90% of what occurs is "nonsensical" on some level.
    See, I'm firmly in the camp that that's gone too far. Telepaths, telekinetics, even the strongest mutants had limitations or drawbacks, but not anymore. Omega level means nothing to me now, I rolled my eyes at that data page in the first issue of House of X. Marvel has no sense of restraint, not creatively as evidenced by power escalation, nor in regards to the market as evidenced by the flood of books that followed the strong start of this era.
    Does it need doing?
    Yes.
    Then it will be done.

Quote Originally Posted by Hizashi View Post
    That would only work for me if they, Krakoa and their government, left to that planet and independently put themselves on the galactic stage - instead they have presence on Earth and Mars, and have claimed representative power (dominion if you want to take it to its logical conclusion) over the solar system. I'm not jumping to the worst conclusions, I don't expect Storm to start making dictates about Earth or "space lanes" or something like that (I hope not), but as far as I'm concerned, this is bad enough on its own. We can discuss that if you like, I know not everyone feels this way.
    I get what you're saying and I think that reaction is to be expected for some readers. The writers knew they were doing something "controversial" and frankly, the mutants are being discussed at a higher level than they have in a long time and I'm here for it.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    Yes moving to your own island away from Flatscans, providing life extending/bettering drugs is reeeeealy an 'in your face' move...But what are you trying to say? That humanity should be more wary or nervous around people declaring themselves Gods than A person who's a genuine God????
    Idk about you but if given the choice between getting in a cage with a house tabby with a lion-like attitude than an actual Lion...but that's just me
    Yea, I’d say that humanity should probably be more weary about an entire sect of people declaring themselves to be gods especially since that points towards those declaring it to have gained a god complex which is an exceptionally slippery slope. Compare that to a god who was sent to Earth to learn the lesson of humility and came to become its protector as a result, I’d say the actual god is someone humanity should be less worried about between the two.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    Yea, I’d say that humanity should probably be more weary about an entire sect of people declaring themselves to be gods especially since that points towards those declaring it to have gained a god complex which is an exceptionally slippery slope. Compare that to a god who was sent to Earth to learn the lesson of humility and came to become its protector as a result, I’d say the actual god is someone humanity should be less worried about between the two.
    Frankly just the fact Thor exists and is currently shown to be at a level where he can kill Galactus just makes the pompous posturing of Krakoa incredibly hilarious.
    If he truly wanted to Thor could sink their island with one throw of his hammer, heck he could the same thing to Arakko and make Mars unhabitable again just show his superiority.
    But he doesn't, instead Thor spends his time trying to help people, only wanting to save the innocent and make the lives of others better.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    Ah ok.

Quote Originally Posted by Metro View Post
    Frankly just the fact Thor exists and is currently shown to be at a level where he can kill Galactus just makes the pompous posturing of Krakoa incredibly hilarious.
    How so?
    If he truly wanted to Thor could sink their island with one throw of his hammer, heck he could the same thing to Arakko and make Mars unhabitable again just show his superiority.
    Then why does he need to be on superhero team? Why are their other heroes at all then? Ah yes nothing says heroic superiority then killing ba whole planet of innocent people... nice lol
    But he doesn't, instead Thor spends his time trying to help people, only wanting to save the innocent and make the lives of others better.
    Riveting stuff
    GrindrStone(D)

"Oh yeah? Well you muties aren't all that! Thor can do this and this and that!"

Post just reeks of /co/.
    The Krakoans are EEEvil!

THEY MUST BE STOPPED!

BANNED

Missed the point by a country mile.

You know, that reminds me, I gotta wonder how Krakoa would react to Gaea’s power had Thor not expended it all back in Empyre.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

"But he doesn't, instead Thor spends his time trying to help people, only wanting to save the innocent and make the lives of others better."

So...he's an Asgardian X-Man. Noiiice
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

BANNED

No he's an Asgardian Avenger.
    Meaning he doesn't lord over people because of his genes and then play the victim card for the same reason, instead he just helps because it's right.
    He also kicked Apocalypse's ass long before the X-Men did it meaning one of their biggest threats was his sloopy seconds.
    It's really funny the more I think about it, Apocalypse was to X-Men, what Thanos is to well the general Marvel Universe, and for Thor taking him down was just another day.
    Last edited by Metro; 06-29-2021 at 07:22 PM.

No he's an Asgardian Avenger.
    Meaning he doesn't lord over people because of his genes and then play the victim card for the same reason, instead he just helps because it's right.
    He also kicked Apocalypse's ass long before the X-Men did it meaning one of their biggest threats was his sloopy seconds.
    It's really funny the more I think about it, Apocalypse was to X-Men, what Thanos is to well the general Marvel Universe, and for Thor taking him down was just another day.
    There are legitimate concerns about the direction of this era, but this isn't helping anything. Thor is a great character but he doesn't really have anything to do with this.
    Does it need doing?
    Yes.
    Then it will be done.

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    "But he doesn't, instead Thor spends his time trying to help people, only wanting to save the innocent and make the lives of others better."

So...he's an Asgardian X-Man. Noiiice
    I thought only mutants could be X-Men? Certainly humans and other non-mutants can be allies...
    Does it need doing?
    Yes.
    Then it will be done.