Page 67 of 68 FirstFirst ... 1757636465666768 LastLast
Results 991 to 1,005 of 1017

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Have we had a powered up Streaky post Rebirth yet?
    Yeah, he (or she?) was in a League of Super Pets story during the Tomasi/Gleason era.

Not sure how “canon” that story was, or even what Streaky’s backstory at this point could possibly be. Post-Crisis Supergirl didn’t have a super powered cat to my recollection.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Astonishing Member

Streaky was a great Silver Age counterpart to Krypto. He's fun in stories aimed more at the Sesame Street crowd, but may be a bit too out there for current continuity. That said -- I'm definitely a fan.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by kcekada View Post
    Streaky was a great Silver Age counterpart to Krypto. He's fun in stories aimed more at the Sesame Street crowd, but may be a bit too out there for current continuity. That said -- I'm definitely a fan.
    Streaky’s not the issue. It’s Comet and all the out of context things that …um…..come with loving a horse.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Not sure how “canon” that story was, or even what Streaky’s backstory at this point could possibly be. Post-Crisis Supergirl didn’t have a super powered cat to my recollection.
    I think in the Sterling Gates run she got Streaky in like the last leg of the run before the book ended. Like when she started posing as Lana's cousin (or sister?)

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think in the Sterling Gates run she got Streaky in like the last leg of the run before the book ended. Like when she started posing as Lana's cousin (or sister?)
    Was it an actual super powered cat or just a normal one?
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Was it an actual super powered cat or just a normal one?
    Pretty sure it was a normal one, but back then they may as well have given it powers if not for the reboot .

Incredible Member

I saw Streaky in those original stories by Siegel as a sort of representation for Kara's childhood innocence. Siegel was putting Kara through an emotional wringer all the time in those stories, so Streaky was both a breath of lightheartedness and also pretty touching when he saved Kara from manipulative adults in her life. Probably the reason why he stopped being a super-powered cat in those stories once Kara got adopted by the Danvers: there was no longer any need for that sort of role in her life. She was happy, finally.

Using Mora's design .

I still don't get the yellow bits near the shoulders.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

I think it's a throwback to her last pre-Crisis suit just before she died. Which had something similar. This one is more or less that without the headband.
    Assassinate Putin!

Either that or just a way to differentiate her old suit from Jon’s current one

Well, it was common for Supergirl to use different variatons of her suit, so a minor tweak like that must be not be an anomaly.

"Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Re member

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    Well, it was common for Supergirl to use different variatons of her suit, so a minor tweak like that must be not be an anomaly.

And as that image shows, even the pants are nothing new. It didn't come from the TV show!
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman