Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Maybe it's indeed Injustice prequel. Although, I don't see any sense in that, Injustice universe before Lois death is basically DC Universe as we know it, with some changes.
    So, has Tom Taylor teased any actual release date?
    No. Probably at FanDome there will be more information.
    Last edited by Morgoth; 07-30-2020 at 10:13 AM.

Yeah I feel this is something new, separate from DCeased and Injustice, especially after the Amazing Man teaser. I would assume that if Taylor was to return to Injustice he would do the next generation or something like that.

I’m assuming the final big reveal will be tomorrow.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Astonishing Member

I would assume that if Taylor was to return to Injustice he would do the next generation or something like that.
    I guess he can't do that before Injustice 3 comes out. I think Bruce and Clark will die there, maybe after that he'll write something about this. But, anyway, he's already writing DCeased about that)
    I’m assuming the final big reveal will be tomorrow.
    Why tomorrow?

Quote Originally Posted by Morgoth View Post
    I guess he can't do that before Injustice 3 comes out. I think Bruce and Clark will die there, maybe after that he'll write something about this. But, anyway, he's already writing DCeased about that)

Why tomorrow?
    I assume that since he's been showing stuff all week that the big final reveal is tomorrow, I mean realistically how long can he honestly keep up just teasing letters and quotes.

And yeah he writing the next generation in DCeased but the next generation in Injustice is very different from the one in DCeased. I mean we would be talking the daughter of Harley quinn and Joker, the super powered son of Green Arrow and Black Canary, Plastic Man's son, and etc. Honestly when you think about it, it is interesting that Taylor has written two very different paths to Damian, one where he becomes kind of evil Nightwing and the other he's the new Batman.
    Last edited by sifighter; 07-30-2020 at 10:44 AM.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

If its Injustice related I hope to god its not a prequel. I'm tired of everything getting prequels.

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    If its Injustice related I hope to god its not a prequel. I'm tired of everything getting prequels.
    I'm not even sure what the point of an Injustice prequel would be other than subtle foreshadowing what's going to happen, but that's not enough to justify a comic in my opinion.

I’m thinking this is the good Superman and his world from the first game (I’m guessing he eventually decided to ditch the collar for the red trunks). I’m thinking the best direction for the final chapter in the trilogy is to go with the Brainiac Superman ending from Injustice 2, and have them invade the “good” earth
    And I’m guessing the new comic will explore what the good Superman’s world is similar and different from the regime world.
    69C38AF9-8DBE-42DA-ADE4-6346A1303033.jpg69C38AF9-8DBE-42DA-ADE4-6346A1303033.jpg

If it is Injustice they should have someone else write it. The only time I enjoy Taylor's Injustice is when he feels obligated to show the Kents disdain for Harley Quinn. I know Wonder Woman fans hate Injustice but I would like to see her take center stage more often but I don't think Taylor likes her that much.

I hope it’s a regular continuity book. With Snyder stating that he’s going to be moving away from mainstream work, I think Taylor has more than proven himself as a writer to step in and handle a flagship ongoing title.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    I hope it’s a regular continuity book. With Snyder stating that he’s going to be moving away from mainstream work, I think Taylor has more than proven himself as a writer to step in and handle a flagship ongoing title.
    I wish he could do Batman.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MosSuperman View Post
    If it is Injustice they should have someone else write it. The only time I enjoy Taylor's Injustice is when he feels obligated to show the Kents disdain for Harley Quinn. I know Wonder Woman fans hate Injustice but I would like to see her take center stage more often but I don't think Taylor likes her that much.
    Keep in mind that Taylor was working backward from someone else's idea. He himself admits he had trouble coming up with ways of making some of this stuff work based on what the game designers wanted. So it probably wasn't personal against WW.
    Assassinate Putin!

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lilyrose View Post
    I wish he could do Batman.
    Please, no. Based on how much I enjoyed DCeased (not a lot)... but I'll buy the 1st Suicide Squad trade when it comes out then reevaluate my opinion

Quote Originally Posted by MosSuperman View Post
    I get the sense too he doesn't care for her much beyond the Kingdom Come/DCAU "warrior woman" cliche who gets ordered around or lectured by Superman or Batman.

Same on Injustice, going by that universe apparently the Kents and Ra's al Ghul are the only people who seemingly have properly functioning memories when it comes to Harley Quinn.
    Last edited by Gaius; 07-31-2020 at 08:47 AM.

BANNED

considering his history as a writer. whatever the new comic is, it will be an evil superman.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    I get the sense too he doesn't care for her much beyond the Kingdom Come/DCAU "warrior woman" cliche who gets ordered around or lectured by Superman or Batman.

Same on Injustice, going by that universe apparently the Kents and Ra's al Ghul are the only people who seemingly have properly functioning memories when it comes to Harley Quinn.
    I think his Wonder Woman was solid in DCeased.

But, yeah, the Kents probably had the most believable reaction to Harley of anyone in that universe.