Page 99 of 204 FirstFirst ... 49899596979899100101102103109149199 ... LastLast
Results 1,471 to 1,485 of 3051
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by DanMad1977 View Post
    The last full measure

I was disappointed that it wasn't a war movie. I wanted to see a good action war movie, with bombs and fighting and my surround system annoying my neighbors...but it was more of a drama or a investigation movie.
    I didn't see it but from the trailer it looked more like a drama than a war epic.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by CliffHanger2 View Post
    I didn't see it but from the trailer it looked more like a drama than a war epic.
    Didnt see the trailer. It wasn't a bad movie, but I had something else in mind.

Extraordinary Member

Didnt see the trailer. It wasn't a bad movie, but I had something else in mind.
    Yeah Orlando Bloom put out a new one that looks like a action/war type movie. I'm thinking of checking that one out.

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Three Billboards outside Ebbing
    Did not expect to find that much humor in it. Sometimes it was too twisted for me and gross. Sam Rockwell and McDormand act surprising and unexpected.

Retired

THE RENTAL (2020), directed by Dave Franco, starring Alison Brie, Dan Stevens, Sheila Vand and Jeremy Allen White.

The ending of the movie left me in the dark about what happened and whodunnit. I had a theory of maybe what we were supposed to make of it, but I had to look on youtube for a video that would explain the ending. The solution I found blew my theory all to hell. And that solution makes me think less of the movie than if my theory had been right.

I really couldn't relate to any of the characters or their situation. Who got killed didn't matter. It was just one of those creepy cabin in the woods slasher movies. And because the ending was so hard to work out, I felt seriously underwhelmed.

It's not a terrible movie. It passes the time. But it could have been so much better if it had some point to it other than just general angst.

Retired

YES, GOD, YES (2019), written and directed by Karen Maine, starring Natalia Dyer as a student at a strict Catholic school.

I found this movie a delight. But for anyone who had a repressive Catholic education, this might trigger some bad memories.

Ridley Scott directed two movies for 2017, one of them is garbage that made more than double its budget, the other one is a very good overlooked thriller and biopic that only made a little more than its production budget back. I've watched the latter. ALL THE MONEY IN THE WORLD
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage

Astonishing Member

Clash of the Titans.(2010)Enjoyable movie that made me look forward to watch the sequel.
    Wrath of the Titans.(2012)I enjoyed watched it as well.In a nutshell i think the first movie lacked more special effects and the second movie lacked a story a tad better.But even so cool movies.Would be cool if they made a third movie in this franchise.

Retired

Quote Originally Posted by comicscollector View Post
    Clash of the Titans.(2010)Enjoyable movie that made me look forward to watch the sequel.
    Wrath of the Titans.(2012)I enjoyed watched it as well.In a nutshell i think the first movie lacked more special effects and the second movie lacked a story a tad better.But even so cool movies.Would be cool if they made a third movie in this franchise.
    I didn't know there was a sequel to the 2010 CLASH OF THE TITANS. I thought that movie had bombed at the box office. I will have to look for the sequel.

I saw the 1981 CLASH OF THE TITANS at a theatre in West Germany, dubbed in German--and I possibly lost my passport, rail pass and travelers' cheques there (or else somewhere else) which upset all my plans.

In 2010, I saw the new CLASH OF THE TITANS at a theatre in Austria, dubbed in German--this time nothing went wrong.

The other day I watched, back to back, 28 DAYS (directed by Betty Thomas, starring Sandra Bullock) and 28 DAYS LATER (directed by Danny Boyle, starring Cillian Murphy). 28 DAYS--times get bad. 28 DAYS LATER--times get far worse.

Probably not a great idea to watch 28 DAYS LATER at the moment. I was freaking out through a lot of it.

Quote Originally Posted by comicscollector View Post
    Love both of these movies. I hated CotT 2010 when I first watched it, but one day I watched it when I was bored out of my mind and I really loved it. I actually thought Wrath of the Titans was a better movie than Clash, with special effects looking better overall, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    I didn't know there was a sequel to the 2010 CLASH OF THE TITANS. I thought that movie had bombed at the box office. I will have to look for the sequel.

I saw the 1981 CLASH OF THE TITANS at a theatre in West Germany, dubbed in German--and I possibly lost my passport, rail pass and travelers' cheques there (or else somewhere else) which upset all my plans.

In 2010, I saw the new CLASH OF THE TITANS at a theatre in Austria, dubbed in German--this time nothing went wrong.

The other day I watched, back to back, 28 DAYS (directed by Betty Thomas, starring Sandra Bullock) and 28 DAYS LATER (directed by Danny Boyle, starring Cillian Murphy). 28 DAYS--times get bad. 28 DAYS LATER--times get far worse.

Probably not a great idea to watch 28 DAYS LATER at the moment. I was freaking out through a lot of it.
    I've never seen 28 Days, but I love 28 Days Later.

Recent watch: about 20 minutes of Primer. I had no idea what was going on, but I am intending to go back and finish. My house had visitors, so the movie got interrupted.
    Find me on Instagram and Twitter - @arfguy
    https://whoaskd.com/

Retired

Quote Originally Posted by Arfguy View Post

Recent watch: about 20 minutes of Primer. I had no idea what was going on, but I am intending to go back and finish. My house had visitors, so the movie got interrupted.
    28 DAYS was good, not great like 28 DAYS LATER, but it had some good drama. However, there are a lot of sitcom moments in the movie, too. Some movies can balance these different tones, but I felt that this one wasn't in control of its material. And with her star power, I feel that Sandra Bullock should be able to get better scripts, yet a fair number of her movies are weak, not because of her, but because others have let her down.

PRIMER is really good, but it needs a lot of concentration.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post

Losing all that when you watched the 1981 Clash of Titans must had been terrible.
    I never watched the 1981 Clash of the Titans,but after watching the 2010 movie,i am intrigued to watch the original.
    Wrath of the Titans itīs a cool sequel.I just liked the previous movie a bit more.
    I watched 28 Days Later by Danny Boyle when it came out in DVD and itīs quite a scary movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Arfguy View Post
    Love both of these movies. I hated CotT 2010 when I first watched it, but one day I watched it when I was bored out of my mind and I really loved it. I actually thought Wrath of the Titans was a better movie than Clash, with special effects looking better overall, IMO.

I only watched Clash of the Titans and Wrath of the Titans for the first time recently,and both movies were enjoyable.
    Wrath of the Titans seem to have the Special Effects better that Clash of the Titans,story wise i just liked more Clash of the Titans.
    So overall i liked more Clash of the Titans that Wrath of the Titans.Wrath of the Titans was a cool sequel though.

Astonishing Member

If you like 28 days later, there is a sequel called 28 weeks later. Its good too.

Retired

If you like 28 days later, there is a sequel called 28 weeks later. Its good too.
    "Like" doesn't seem exactly the right word for a movie that fed into all my fears. I'd have to say, though, that the first half of the movie was much more tense than the last half. It's the anticipation of bad things happening, rather than the bad things happening, that did a number on me. The Ninth Doctor showing up takes the movie in a different direction after that.

Millennium Actress

One of Satoshi Kun movies, the only one of his works I can say I've watched. Imagine you were watching Citizen Kane, but the journalists are interviewing the celebrity instead of the topical person of interest being recently dead, and the interviewer is an excited fan who roleplays with her as she recollects her memories.

Sounds like good fun, right? Cause it is.
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage