Page 22 of 70 FirstFirst ... 1218192021222324252632 ... LastLast
    Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Finally caught up on the thread and I would have to agree with the people who said there wasn't a case where they said only one person can be an Omega in their category. Maybe it will be detailed later but so far that was never said.

As for Nate Grey, he was depowered so he might not count.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ShepardOakenshieldPrime View Post
    I like that the definition comes with meaning, that they are classified as important to Krakoa instead of just "these guys are strong".
    I actually like this too. being an omega never was looked upon as something that needed to be protected but mostly as a weapon or what they could destroy. count me in.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

So I have rewritten the omega level stuff to make it more clear to me and maybe for others

Omega Level mutant

-Mutants can manifest multiple powers, only one is normally of Omega level. Omega level mutant are considered the most powerful mutants of their power types on the planet Earth

-Here are power types currently represented at Omega level. The following are the power types that have one single person with that power at Omega Level. Negative Temperature Manipulation, Biokinesis, Power Manifestation, Weather Manipulation, Energy Manipulation, Power Manipulation, Telekinesis, Matter Manipulation, and Magnetism.

Reality Manipulation (Quantum, Universal, Psionic) has 3 people with that dominant power at Omega level. Telepathy has two people with that power at Omega level. These are not the only power types that can reach omega level.

-When a mutants dominant power reaches an undefinable upper limit( which cannot be surpassed by any measurable fashion) of that power's specific classification that is when power is defined as omega level.

-The dominant power of a mutant is not considered omega level when it can be hypothetically be surpassed. For example, Forge's Technopathy is the most powerful of its power type but it has been surpassed by multiple humans on the planet.

What would you tweak or add?

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    What would you tweak or add?
    -Cat Beast is Omega Level disgusting.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

BANNED

Omega level fur shedding

What about Tempus and her time manipulation powers? Is there anyone that has been shown to be more powerful in that class?

Notable absences

Cable/Nate Grey/Stryfe, Emma Frost, Gabriel Shepard,*Matthew Malloy,Decimus Furius,Maddie and Rachel Summers

New to the official Omega Club

Storm, Exodus, and Magneto
    I am not sure if this is the full list. It is confusing to me. For starters is this a hint that Xavier is dead? Magneto should have been on there for years, he has no limits.

Is there a clue in the ‘Power of Ten’ name? Is this all about positioning a specific ten Omega level mutants to act as a single unit? An exponential shift up to the cosmic scale.

Do they need Franklin to do this?

There is also some confusion over what the Forge example means. Does it suggest that Forge is not more powerful than everyone else on the planet combined?

If so does that mean Bobby could freeze the planet? I suspect he could.
    Last edited by JKtheMac; 07-25-2019 at 03:18 AM.
    “And I urge you to please notice when you are happy, and exclaim or murmur or think at some point, 'If this isn't nice, I don't know what is.” ― Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by BishopsJuice91 View Post
    What about Tempus and her time manipulation powers? Is there anyone that has been shown to be more powerful in that class?
    The problem is that everything Tempus does has been replicated with machines created by humans all the time.

There are multiple ways to time travel and Reed Richards has created time bubbles like hers.

I think she's like Forge.

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    The problem is that everything Tempus does has been replicated with machines created by humans all the time.

There are multiple ways to time travel and Reed Richards has created time bubbles like hers.

Indeed I think this kind of thinking is at the heart of it. If Bobby is an example it suggests that the planet does not have the power he has. That’s feasible I think.
    “And I urge you to please notice when you are happy, and exclaim or murmur or think at some point, 'If this isn't nice, I don't know what is.” ― Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by BishopsJuice91 View Post
    It doesn’t matter if she is the most powerful time manipulator. There is an upper limit to her powers. Your powers have to be without limit for you to be considered omega.

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post

It is not matter of her traveling back in time BUT how much of the place/country/planet can she freeze in time and how long can she keep time frozen.Her primary power is Time manipulation/Chronokinesis not Time travel. Remember her first fight she froze the entire Avengers in place.

What ever is the upper limit on that power will determine if she is omega.
    Last edited by Killerbee911; 07-25-2019 at 04:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by johnnysv75 View Post
    It doesn’t matter if she is the most powerful time manipulator. There is an upper limit to her powers. Your powers have to be without limit for you to be considered omega.
    “Undefinable upper limit”. It’s subtle but it’s not quite the same as “no upper limit”. And then the technical definition seems related to grounded reality not cosmic stuff, so I doubt it has to be unlimited, just impossible to compare or measure by normal means.

We know Hickman has written a whole essay on this, so although it’s relatively simple there is more clarification to come.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixStudies View Post
    It is interesting that there are only 3 women on the list (and one is tied with a man in her category) and there is only one person of color on the list.
    not really. pulling from a whole list of mutants throughout history? yeah a lot are gonna be white guys, because that's what most characters being created in the olden days were. even on a book like x-men with a pretty historically diverse cast compared to its peers

Quote Originally Posted by JKtheMac View Post
    I am not sure if this is the full list. It is confusing to me. For starters is this a hint that Xavier is dead? Magneto should have been on there for years, he has no limits.

Is there a clue in the ‘Power of Ten’ name? Is this all about positioning a specific ten Omega level mutants to act as a single unit? An exponential shift up to the cosmic scale.

Do they need Franklin to do this?

There is also some confusion over what the Forge example means. Does it suggest that Forge is not more powerful than everyone else on the planet combined?

If so does that mean Bobby could freeze the planet? I suspect he could.
    It is not the full list they have handed omega and omega potential like candy so Jubilee,Gambit,Xavier, Polaris, Gaia,Psylocke,Mikal Rasputin, Michael Pointer, Random Kid in Guggs X-men Gold story and probably more are around.

It is not the full list they have handed omega and omega potential like candy so Jubilee,Gambit,Xavier, Polaris, Gaia,Psylocke,Mikal Rasputin, Michael Pointer, Random Kid in Guggs X-men Gold story and probably more are around.
    I think they may be rescinding some of those. Just because Jubilee could go atomic doesn’t make her off the scale for example.

There’s a reason ‘Power of Ten’ was described as exponential by Hickman at SDCC.