Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    BANNED

Smash Lantern: (Hulk/Green Lantern)
    "Rescued from the events of the Amalgam Wave by the guardians of Oa, Hal Banner's gamma radiation poisoning was cured with a green ring by Ganthet. Unfortunately, Krona and a corrupt circle of Guardians saw an opportunity to experiment on him, grafting a red ring of hatred onto his other hand. Now on the run across space from Krona and his men, Banner must keep his brain chemistry in check, lest the red ring feed on his anger and transform him into an Atrocity. But fortunately, Ganthet programmed a safeguard into the green ring. For when he focuses his anger into it, he becomes a jade giant of justice! A HULK!!

I started running out of back stories for some of the rest.

Captain Marvel: (Carol Danvers/Shazam)
    Female body with Cap-colored suit and Shazam style hood and cape. The lightning symbol is a Kree Star with an elongated bottom point. Shouts Shazam! To gain Kree powers.

Backstroke: Deadpool and Deathstroke share a body, and the Amalgam Universe will never be the same!!

Firestorm: (Firestorm and Storm)
    Ororo Munroe has become one with Firestorm Matrix, and she brings her control over the weather with her. But can their combined knowledge unravel the mystery if the Amalgam Wave?

Patriot Archer (Green Arrow/Captain America)

Mr. Thorrific(Thor/Mr. Terrific)

Nanoman: (Cyborg/Ant-Man)
    To save his life, Victor Pym injected himself with his self-made nanomachines, turning him into a Cyborg with the power to grow to any size! But Gridtron Operating System inside his body prove beneficial, or deadly?
    Last edited by ImprobableQuestion; 04-08-2015 at 08:22 AM.

Astonishing Member Tazpocalapse's Avatar

The Amazing Ambushing Spider-Bug. Spider-Man +Ambush Bug. Just let Giffen and Slot go wild. Todd McFarlane as Artist.
    ConstanStrange. John Constantine + Dr. Strange. Jeff Lemire.
    Avenging Justice International. Justice League International + Avengers World.
    Iron Man and the Metal -men. A book featuring Iron Man The Metal Men War machine. Scott Snyder.
    Amazon Warrior. Donna Troy + Angela. Neil Gaiman.
    X- Patrol. A mixture of X-men characters + Doom Patrol. Grant Morrison
    Legion of Galactic Guardians. Guardians of the Galaxy +Legion of Superheroes.

Captain Marvel:

As a child, Carol Danvers had always dreamed of flying. All she could do was dream, as her reality was bleak after being tossed from foster home to foster home. When she turned 18, she joined the Air Force. She was flying a new type of jet when she became lost. She feared that she would be lost forever, like Amelia Earhart before her. That's when she saw a light, a becaon that was guiding her home. That's when she saw it, the rock of eternity.

It is within the rock that she meets the wizard Shazam, who tells her that she has been chosen to be a new champion of magic, and that she would have to defeat the former rogue champion Mar-Vell, aka Black Marvel. All she has to do is say his name and she becomes Earth's Mightiest Hero, Captain Marvel.

At first she is overwhelmed by Mar-Vell, who has thousands of years of combat experience. Realizing she cannot do it alone, the wizard also recruits her long lost brother and sister, Billy and Mary Batson, who take up the identities of Marvelman and Mary Marvel. Together they defeat Black Marvel, and the wizard strips him of his powers.

BANNED

Flash Step: (Iron Fist/the Flash)
    Barry Rand is a martial artist whose ki is focused so greatly that he can move faster than the eye can see.

The Iron Bat: (Iron Man/Batman)
    It would appear that Anthony Stane is afflicted by some sort of schizophrenia from the death of his parents, bouncing between raccous debauchery and the deepest of melancholy. But what none knows is his body was the epicenter of the amalgam wave, and houses the minds of both Bruce Wayne and Tony Stark. Using the black armor they crafted together in the works that was they must fight off their foes and try to fix what they started.

Thanocide(Thanos/Darkseid A dark presence, believed to be the most powerful being in all of space and time. I'd you believe in him.

Necrolactus:(Galactus/Nekron)
    No one has seen the Devourer of Worlds since the Amalgam Wave. Maybe it killed him. Maybe that's the worst thing that could have happened...

Quote Originally Posted by resipsaloquitur View Post
    In hindsight, you can tel that some of the Amalgamation was a little clunky and maybe done last minute. I mean, some of it, conceptually and in execution, was great. (Dark Claw and Super Soldier worked.) Some of it wasn't. (Bullets & Bracelets felt kind of forced as a WW/Punisher team-up, which is basically what it was. I couldn't realy get into Magneto & The Magntic Men either.) It wasn't all bad, but there was some duplication of characters (I remember seeing at least two versions of Jimmy Olson) which led me to believe that the story wasn't quite as coordinated as it could have been.
    In spite of being a collaboration between Marvel and DC, I don't think the Amalgam portion was all that rigorously configured. If something seemed fun, they just did it, whether it fit into some overall framework or not. For me, that looseness was part of the appeal.

Quote Originally Posted by resipsaloquitur View Post
    One thing worth noting is that Amalgam Comics was very much a product of its time, influenced by what was being written and what was popular at both companies.
    Also, many of the choices were driven by the then-current writers and creative teams, for good or ill. Byrne on Wonder Woman, Kesel on Superboy, Mackie on Ghost Rider, Waid on Captain America and X-Men, Hama and Dixon on Batman, etc.

If they were to do it again today, I think we'd see something similar.

File Clerk of MI13 The Sword is Drawn's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ImprobableQuestion View Post
    Smash Lantern: (Hulk/Green Lantern)
    "Rescued from the events of the Amalgam Wave by the guardians of Oa, Hal Banner's gamma radiation poisoning was cured with a green ring by Ganthet. Unfortunately, Krona and a corrupt circle of Guardians saw an opportunity to experiment on him, grafting a red ring of hatred onto his other hand. Now on the run across space from Krona and his men, Banner must keep his brain chemistry in check, lest the red ring feed on his anger and transform him into an Atrocity. But fortunately, Ganthet programmed a safeguard into the green ring. For when he focuses his anger into it, he becomes a jade giant of justice! A HULK!!

I really like this one. It has the fun and tone of the original Amalgam comics.
    It Came From Darkmoor...

A Blog dedicated to the British corner of the Marvel Universe.

Twitter: @theswordisdrawn

Fantastic Member

Maybe give Batman some more air time, because of his popularity. But Supes should still get the shield & hammer.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by xcoijoi View Post
    Maybe give Batman some more air time, because of his popularity. But Supes should still get the shield & hammer.
    Sorry. I was confusing the Amalgam line, with the JLA/Avengers teamup.

iMan 42s

Iron-Knight
    Anthony Edward Wayne is an obvious amalgam between Bruce and Tony.
    Taking on the more high tech and flamboyant aspects of Iron-man he is the almost exact opposite of Batman in terms of the superhero identities personality. Tony's parents never died in the alley way during the night at the movies but Tony nearly did. After receiving a gunshot wound to the chest he was rushed to the hospital and received a new age Wayne Tech Arc core which would help keep his heart working despite the damage. However this left Tony in a weakened state and could not leave Wayne Mansion due to the extent of the injuries as his parents feared he might be attacked again or he might die from the damage to his heart despite the Arc device. Tony since then being forced to stay indoors developed a cynical and bitter personality as a result. Tony one night while in his study saw a bat crash through the window and land on a knights suit of armor the family had mounted and Tony knew what to do. Using his incredible genius he developed a high tech suit of armor to return to the world that was blocked off to him for so long. With his Wayne tech suit, styled after the bat that gave him the idea and the knight which it landed on, Tony fly's out into the night sky in pursuit of his freedom. Tony learning his city is in ruins due to the sheer levels of crime decides to become its protector and become the Iron-Knight!
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

Incredible Member

Probably expand upon this later, but at the moment...

Winter Soldier/Red Hood = Red Soldier
    Darkhawk/Blue Beetle = Darkbeetle/Blue Hawk

Nova (Richard Rider)/Green Lantern (Hal Jordan)
    Quasar/Green Lantern (Kyle Rayner)
    Rocket Raccoon/[Chip/Dex-Starr]
    Star-Lord/Booster Gold
    Drax the Destroyer/Atrocitus
    Phyla-Vell/Jade

Black Cat/Catwoman
    Captain Marvel/Wonder Woman

Hawkeye (Kate Bishop)/[Wonder Girl/Batgirl (Stephanie Brown)]
    Hulkling/Beast Boy
    Prodigy/Red Robin
    Speed/KidFlash (Bart Allen)
    Wiccan/Raven

Speed Demon (Ghost Rider/Etrigan): Cursed after reneging from a Faustian pact Jason Blaze/Johnathan Blood rides forth to battles the forces of darkness as the demonic Speed Demon, drawing power from the demon Etrigan bound forcibly to his soul to protect the innocent and avenge himself .

Quote Originally Posted by The Sword is Drawn View Post
    And flippant though I was being in my opening post with merging the Sandman's sister 'Death' with Cyborg Freelance Peacekeeping Agent 'Death's Head', there is a part of me that perversely really wants to SEE that.
    This got my attention right away! ha! Great idea, Sword.

Quote Originally Posted by Expletive Deleted View Post
    In spite of being a collaboration between Marvel and DC, I don't think the Amalgam portion was all that rigorously configured. If something seemed fun, they just did it, whether it fit into some overall framework or not. For me, that looseness was part of the appeal.
    Same for me. I was a kid when Marvel v. DC and Amalgam came out - young enough to think maybe this was going to be permanent. (Ah, to be young and naive once again!) I bought as many of them as I could afford, and of course I really loved Dark Claw (despite not being a Wolverine or Batman fan - I just thought the mash-up premise was awesome) and Spider-Boy. I remember JLX and Bruce Wayne, Agent of Shield being pretty cool, too.

But, y'know, I REALLY liked the character of Access and loved the Dr. Strangefate comic. The concepts in it were amazing, but I also just really enjoyed seeing Access having to traverse this world in order to save both Marvel and DC universes.

And it was cool to have those couple of miniseries afterwards with Access, especially the one where Strangefate wants to reconstitute his world, and it ends with Access storing it within himself so that Strangefate and the others can live without sacrificing the Marvel and DC universes. Plus, it was cool to see that Axel had the ability to meld characters together!

I'd love to see Access used again; honestly, he seems exactly the kind of character that Jonathan Hickman might've gotten a lot of use out of during his Avengers run into Secret Wars.

-Pav, who still has all the original floppies from back in the day...
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.
    You know what it means when he comes back

"You're not the better one, Peter. You're just older."
    --------------------
    Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my school! DM for details

File Clerk of MI13 The Sword is Drawn's Avatar

I'm assuming that Marvel and DC both own a stake in him.

Access is the kind of character who could come in damned handy to both Secret War and Convergeance when you think about it.
    It Came From Darkmoor...

A Blog dedicated to the British corner of the Marvel Universe.

Twitter: @theswordisdrawn

Incredible Member

Blackhawk (Dane Hall)
    - amalgamation of Black Knight & Hawkman
    - latest in a line of reincarnated knights known collectively as Blackhawk, each a descendant of the original knight Sir Percy Ktar
    - archaeologist regained memories of his past lives upon finding the Obsidn'th/Ebon'th Blade, a magic sword forged from a meteor by Merlin and cursed by Morgan Le'Fey on behalf of the Lord Beyond the Void
    - perpetually guarding reality from incursion by the Dark Multi-verse; Obsidn'th/Ebon'th Blade serving as best weapon against denizens threatening to invade
    - fashioned wings and armor made from the same material found in the meteor gathered across his multiple lifetimes

How about the Mutants merged with Gotham.

Rogue with Harley
    Psylocke or Storm with Catwoman
    Storm or Jean with Ivy
    Emma or Scarlet Witch with Talia
    Gambit with Joker
    Wolverine with Zsasz or Killer Croc
    Colossus with Mr Freeze
    Archangel or Pyro with Firefly
    Xavier with Mad Hatter or Penguin
    Beast or Juggernat with Bane
    Nightcrawler with Manbat or Scarecrow
    Magneto with Ra's al ghul
    Cyclops with Batman (play with the eye beam, make it more multi-purpose, nightvision and so on)
    Iceman with Robin
    Jean or Kitty with Batgirl
    Jubilee with Spoiler
    Mystique with Two Face

Undecided; Clayface, Penguin, Scarecrow, Ventriloquist, Riddler, Nightwing, Batwoman, Banshee, Havok, Polaris, Grudy, Deadshot, Cable .......

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

At the time I thought the concept of the Amalgam universe was a fun idea. That said, I'll never forgive them for Shatterstarfire. I thought it was a missed opportunity. If Robin was the Boy Wonder, and Peter Parker was Marvel's original boy wonder, then merging Starfire with one of the women in Peter's life, whether that was Mary Jane, Black Cat, or Silver Sable, might have been a better way to go.

If they bring the Amalgam universe back, I wouldn't mind seeing the following convergence:

Zatanna (DC) + The Enchantress (Marvel) = The Zenchantress (Amalgram)