Page 18 of 386 FirstFirst ... 81415161718192021222868118 ... LastLast
    BANNED

It would be nice if this movie could possibly capitalize on the Walking Dead craze with a set up for Necrosha and also boost popularity for Legion TV show. I think it might be interesting to play this as a two part type movie with Selene being the villain. And while we don't know for sure everything about FX's Legion if the created some synergy there it might make for good run.

Maybe movies can deal with the recruitment on one side and a bit of horror type mystery on the other. You could have maybe the disappearance of young female mutants and suspicion of serial killers, sex traffickers, and cults. Ultimately it's the black priestess cult headed by Selene either draining the life-force of young women while attempting to reach godhood. Moira is on to this and gets Xavier to recruit young mutants. This is where the recruitment and training comes in and we get to see the origin stories. With the recruitment of Amara we get the team going head up with Selene. Though they win in the initial encounter they have to go after Amara and Selene escapes going to the school and taking out Xavier. She replaced him with Legion who is now under her influence after partially draining him. She's fluencing him and causing him to alter reality projecting the illusion that he's Xavier. We get the Demon Bear Saga from this as its a real life illusion projected by Legion-Xavier to wipe out Dani Moonstar because she senses something wrong . Xavier-Legion wants the team to recruit others, but this is Selene of course controlling things, when the team refuses the true nature is revealed. Eventually all this leads to Necrosha where we are able to appease the zombie genre (Walking Dead fans) with Selene attempting to ascend to Godhood.

I don't know I'm definitely not a screenwriter lol so this all probably sounds like gibberish. I hope the movie incorporates some of these elements though and stays relatively grounded instead of getting really wacky with extraterrestrials and all

Maisie Williams delivers strong hints that she may be up for Rahne after all and how she would love to do it

“I can’t say much about it at all, but I would absolutely love to be a part of it, [and] to be a part of the Marvel family,” Williams said about possibly joining the X-Men spin-off when asked recently by EW. “New Mutants looks absolutely incredible and I’ve always loved the idea of spin-offs and [director] Joshua Boone is incredibly talented. So, yeah, sign me up.”

Mutatis Mutandis ChildOfTheAtom's Avatar
    1407 Graymalkin Lane, North Salem, NY 10560

So that means we'll probably get another 80's flick including McAvoy & Shipp can't wait.

I'm not a fan of a lot of these choices. Aside from Dev Patel and Devery Jacobs

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix Avatar View Post
    I'm not a fan of a lot of these choices. Aside from Dev Patel and Devery Jacobs
    Who are your choices for Sam and Berto?

BANNED

Devery Jacobs as Dani Moonstar is perfect and was one of my choices in fancasting. Tatiana Maslany as Domino is a great pick too. I'm loving her in Orphan Black

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    Who are your choices for Sam and Berto?
    I dont have an specific choices in mind, but I would love to see a black Brazilian play Sunspot.

Ultimate Member

Got a few updates on my site (like the one below)...

https://illuminamagazine.wordpress.com/?s=new+mutants

-----

“New Mutants: It’s The Perfect Time For This X-Men Spinoff”

“This week we got another major update for the X-Men movie universe with news that Gambit starring Channing Tatum would finally enter productionthis fall with director Doug Liman still attached to direct. With Gambitseemingly back on track, Deadpool 2 confirmed, and new release datesalready set for unannounced X-Men movies, studio Twentieth Century Fox is quickly adjusting and planning out their key superhero tentpoles.

Much has changed over the last year for Fox’s plans with rewrites and director-dropouts on Gambit, Hugh Jackman’s announcement that he’s only doing one more Wolverine movie, the success of Deadpool, and the failure of Fantastic Four. And as a result, new properties are being explored including that of a film based on the New Mutants.

New Mutants ran as an ongoing series throughout the ’80s until it transformed into Rob Liefeld’s (creator of Deadpool) mega popular X-Force in 1991, and a movie based on the property was namedropped by X-Men franchise producer Lauren Shuler Donner in 2009. Now that Fox is banking heavily on their Marvel licenses with comic book movie dominating Hollywood, last summer the studio officially announced the project with Josh Boone (The Fault In Our Stars) set to direct and co-writing the script with Knate Gwaltney (of Jackass fame).

“Josh Boone and his writing partner are working on the script. They’re doing a really nice job of it, and it’s a really cool one, because in many ways, like Deadpool was so different from the mainline X-Men movies, New Mutants… It’s maybe not as different as Deadpool, but it has its own unique, original voice to it.”

“That’s the fun for me, working in the X-Men universe, creating these sort of standalone movies that have a different vibe to them. And New Mutants has more of a YA [Young Adult] vibe to it.”

For fans of the films the bigger question might then be about which characters will be on the team’s roster.

“There’s a very deep bench. There’s a long, long list of names, and I’ll tell you some of the names on that list I don’t even know. That’s how deep it goes…”

http://screenrant.com/new-mutants-characters/
    Last edited by aja_christopher; 04-23-2016 at 07:36 AM.

The movie can start filming this summer. Warlock can wait until part 2 or 3. Preferably he'd be played straight rather than comedy.

Quote Originally Posted by DreadnoughtHelldiver View Post
    Tatiana Maslany as Domino is a great pick too. I'm loving her in Orphan Black
    That's the one I took the most issue with. As a fan of Domino I would rather that not happen...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Bl00dwerK View Post
    That's the one I took the most issue with. As a fan of Domino I would rather that not happen...

You don't think she would do the role justice? Who did you have in mind for Domino?

Default New Mutants movie doesn't include Magma

Josh Boone posted photos on instagram of all the new mutants in it. Magma isn't one of them. WTF.

Twitter: @theprattlp donpricetag's Avatar

Wasn't expecting it to be honest. She'd suck up a third of the budget just by herself. Not to mention, how do you find something logically big enough for someone like Magma to fight not alone, but as a team and X-Men not take it on themselves? Possible? Yes. Easily explained as to not be a plot hole? No. Magma even in the books is a walking hole in logic which is why you don't see her often in modern comics. Super powerful characters are hard to write in team settings.
    Last edited by donpricetag; 05-04-2016 at 06:12 AM.
    Guild Member
    Realistically speaking about fictional matters. | Nutcases need not respond. | Stay outta my DMs. | Why does the "House of Ideas" keep duplicating characters?! | If an idea or belief cannot stand up to criticism it's probably... bad.

BANNED

She's not more overpowered than anyone else.