Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

MY BASEMENT IS FLOOOODDDDEEEEDDD! *faints*

This looks AMAZING! Ewing - TAKE MY MONEY!

Incredible Member Lady Midnight's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Yes but rumors going around suggest that it may be relaunched with X-men in the title (not as Uncanny though, possibly X-treme X-men) still written by Ewing with Cable and Storm as confirmed cast members.

I really, really, really hope this turns out to be true; and pray they get a badass artist on it too! Hope I’m not setting myself up for disappointment here. Fingers crossed…
    And Peepers. Gotta have Peepers.
    My flag is bacon.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ororo101 View Post
    Had to drop by and express how bloody stoked I am for this issue. And Omega feat already and it’s only the preview pages lawddd we are not worthy! Haha sad to see this book potentially ending in December but keeping hope alive that Ewing will transfer all of his juicy ideas for SWORD into a new title featuring Storm, Cable, and The Six crew. Feat aside this also looks like it will have some great story beats for Ororo and if he continues portraying her voice the way he has in that preview, I just know it’ll be Grade A, Power and Grace, Cut a Bitch, Classic Queen Storm. Thinking back on it now, there really wasn’t a better option for someone to take over the guidance and protection of the Arakki people because no one leads with strength and internal steel like Ororo imo. Powers or not, you may not like her but Goddess be damned you will respect her. Exactly the kind of leader the Arakki will, and have gravitated to. If anyone can bridge the cultural divide between the Arakki and the rest of humanity/mutantkind, it’s our girl.
    This post right here!

I will also add that Hickman left nothing to chance... He stated definitively and emphatically that the arakii respect one thing and one thing only, power! The arakii government is only consist of omegas due to this and storm is omega and then some.
    Hence why she had to go to space and back under her own power for the entire planet to see. And she would have to keep on doing miracles if she is going to keep the title as regent hence the solicit of the issue.

Also just as a side note and not to stir up this mess up again TRULY but as per The Last Annihilation finale in GOTG 18 yesterday, I hope everyone who blamed Storm for being too “arrogant” and “aggressive” with Doom during their meeting/dinner realizes that she was in fact COMPLETELY justified in her actions because she(and apparently only she) smelled his dirty, slithering snake ass from a lightyear away, and his gaslighting to try and make it seem like the mutants were the ones who caused Dormammu’s incursion with the retrieval of Mysterium from The White Hot Room. The truth finally and unsurprisingly being revealed that he orchestrated the whole thing, enabling Dormammu to enter this dimension and almost end life in this reality just so he could take a portion of Dormammu’s power. Imagine what it could’ve led to if she had bowed and scraped and accepted his “generous offer of help”, owing him a favor by the end of it all, which was exactly his plan? Lighting his ass up at that table was the best thing she could have done and I’m thankful that it seems Ororo was the sole pawn in his plan that did not go his way.
    I love this post.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

BANNED

Also just as a side note and not to stir up this mess up again TRULY but as per The Last Annihilation finale in GOTG 18 yesterday, I hope everyone who blamed Storm for being too “arrogant” and “aggressive” with Doom during their meeting/dinner realizes that she was in fact COMPLETELY justified in her actions because she(and apparently only she) smelled his dirty, slithering snake ass from a lightyear away, and his gaslighting to try and make it seem like the mutants were the ones who caused Dormammu’s incursion with the retrieval of Mysterium from The White Hot Room. The truth finally and unsurprisingly being revealed that he orchestrated the whole thing, enabling Dormammu to enter this dimension and almost end life in this reality just so he could take a portion of Dormammu’s power. Imagine what it could’ve led to if she had bowed and scraped and accepted his “generous offer of help”, owing him a favor by the end of it all, which was exactly his plan? Lighting his ass up at that table was the best thing she could have done and I’m thankful that it seems Ororo was the sole pawn in his plan that did not go his way.
    Another brilliant post!

It still leaves me shook that people had the audacity to say storm was being arrogant to Doom of all people.... Like make it make sense. Some people you got to dismiss with the quickness or they would take advantage of you. I believe doom would have gotten more of the power had storm allowed him access to the mysterium but being the brilliant leader that she is she knew he was up to something and canceled him.

Love me some doom but.

Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Storm taking a piece of atmosphere with her to travel to the Keep and back is a full flex.
    I feel it stops being a "flex" when it's basicly expected as feat from the character that it's basicly mundane for them. Just like how Magneto made a metal sphere to travel to the peak in issue 1 ... or was it 0?

Then again i generaly prefer the low to mid range powered characters, because writers are more limited in their attempts to overblow each other (or themself) with massive feats after the other that they quickly becoming boring from overuse or mundanity of their usage, so i'm likely biased.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    I feel it stops being a "flex" when it's basicly expected as feat from the character that it's basicly mundane for them. Just like how Magneto made a metal sphere to travel to the peak in issue 1 ... or was it 0?

Then again i generaly prefer the low to mid range powered characters, because writers are more limited in their attempts to overblow each other (or themself) with massive feats after the other that they quickly becoming boring from overuse or mundanity of their usage, so i'm likely biased.
    They are omega mutants they are going to do omega level stuff every once in a while it's literally their stock trade.

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post

I meant it in the context of it being a flex for the mutants of Arakko to witness.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    I meant it in the context of it being a flex for the mutants of Arakko to witness.
    Aren't they used to such things too? Infact wouldn't they be even more used to it? It sounds like it would only be a flex to unpowered humans, specifically of regions where super powered or super tech using individuals aren't that common.

Come to think of it, one has to wonder how many weather/atmosphere manipulators they must have burned through fighting that horde thingy for centuries?

Speaking truth. Something tells me those posters who gave her so much crap for not humbling herself to Doom aren't going to come back admitting how completely and utterly wrong they were.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Saturius View Post

Speaking truth. Something tells me those posters who gave her so much crap for not humbling herself to Doom aren't going to come back admitting how completely and utterly wrong they were.
    of course they won't they never do.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Somebody get me to the Five, because I’ve died and need to be resurrected, ASAP.

Ewing did that in 3 pages! Actually gave our girl some much needed introspection while giving us Goddess energy.

And thank you to Ororo101 for laying down all the facts.

Quote Originally Posted by Saturius View Post

I was dead wrong. All Hail The Queen of Arrako and Regent of Sol for she is not to be doubted nor questioned.
    “There is no defense against the Scarlet Witch's HEX!

Is this just a Storm book now??
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume