Page 14 of 31 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Franchise408 View Post
    I never thought I'd see the day I'd agree with yogaflame on *anything*

(Re: TAS)
    Stay on these forums long enough and crazy stuff can happen. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    ...Were X-Men books struggling on the early '00s during the first trilogy?
    Nope, because the TAS fans were still buying them.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

I'm in the minority, but I cant stomach watching TAS anymore. It was fine when I was younger, but it hasn't aged well for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Celestial View Post
    I'm in the minority, but I cant stomach watching TAS anymore. It was fine when I was younger, but it hasn't aged well for me.
    One of most faithful adaptation of Wolverine though. In all his glorious grumpiness.

Ugly and ill-tempered just as we love him.

Mutatis Mutandis ChildOfTheAtom's Avatar
    1407 Graymalkin Lane, North Salem, NY 10560

Here in Brazil

Oi Mano!!!!!!
    The agreement also provides Disney with the opportunity to reunite the X-MEN with the Marvel family under one roof and create richer, more complex worlds of inter-related characters and stories that audiences have shown they love. It only makes sense for Marvel to be supervised by one entity. There shouldn't be two Marvels.

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Nope, because the TAS fans were still buying them.
    So your point is that the X-Men movies didn't bring new readers at all?

Quote Originally Posted by ChildOfTheAtom View Post
    Oi Mano!!!!!!
    Oi. Voce deve saber que ainda amam o Evolution aqui então, não ve os memes de "Scoootttt me ajuda" até hoje?

Oi. Voce deve saber que ainda amam o Evolution aqui então, não ve os memes de "Scoootttt me ajuda" até hoje?

não eu sou americano. eu só tenho amigos brasileiros
    The agreement also provides Disney with the opportunity to reunite the X-MEN with the Marvel family under one roof and create richer, more complex worlds of inter-related characters and stories that audiences have shown they love. It only makes sense for Marvel to be supervised by one entity. There shouldn't be two Marvels.

Quote Originally Posted by ChildOfTheAtom View Post
    não eu sou americano. eu só tenho amigos brasileiros

I laughed so hard

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Starter Set View Post
    Evolution was good fun. To be honest i find it a bit silly to compare the two shows, and even more to get mad at each other over it.

The ambiance of the two show were extremely different, evo never tried to really follow any "official" storylines closely but instead to propose something different (inspired by existing stories of course) which is fine goal.

Pryde of the X-Men was bad but also good for it's time given the level of story telling for most cartoons/animated shows.

X-Men TAS was the purest translation of the comics ever and some of the best episodes of any X-Men series but the 1 season was a little rough at times.

Evolution IMO was pretty bad season 1, got better with season 2, and hit it's stride in season 3 and 4. I do enjoy the series a lot because it had the New Mutants and I think out of all the shows it had the best endings.

Wolverine and the X-Men had the most cohesive storyline of any series IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    Pryde of the X-Men was bad but also good for it's time given the level of story telling for most cartoons/animated shows.

X-Men TAS was the purest translation of the comics ever and some of the best episodes of any X-Men series but the 1 season was a little rough at times.

Evolution IMO was pretty bad season 1, got better with season 2, and hit it's stride in season 3 and 4. I do enjoy the series a lot because it had the New Mutants and I think out of all the shows it had the best endings.

Wolverine and the X-Men had the most cohesive storyline of any series IMO.
    Yeah that sounds pretty fair.

The X-Men anime is the only one that truly sucks for me.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Franchise408 View Post
    Is this not an MCU discussion thread?

The Fox haters have been picking fight and hijacking conversations for YEARS in our discussion threads. You dont get to claim a victim complex now that you get to face a dissenting opinion.

Its a discussion thread. I get to discuss where I think the MCU will be bad for X-Men.
    IMO Fox has tarnished the X-Men brand with the exception of Deadpool. Disney has an uphill battle to gain back viewers and you might win when the audience doesn't come back for more X-Men movies. The Dark Phoenix might be the final straw that breaks the camel's back.
    Last edited by Colossus1980; 07-27-2018 at 01:57 PM.

Extraordinary Member

...Were X-Men books struggling on the early '00s during the first trilogy?
    Sort of. One thing that got Bob Harras fired as Marvel EiC is that the X-Men books, while still selling well, kept going down in sales and saw no boost from the X-Men movie, partly because the books were so dense and hard for new readers to understand (but mostly because they weren't very good). When Joe Quesada came in he was under orders to make the X-Men comics more accessible to people who had seen the movies but not the comics, and so we got the X-Men dressing more like in the movies, fewer crossovers, Morrison's New X-Men as the flagship, etc.

Ever since then there's been a pattern of Marvel being under pressure to make the comics get a boost when the movies come out, even though everyone knows that movies can't actually provide a long-term sales boost. It's not healthy, but management was right that the line needed a shakeup back then.

Andy Serkis' Mowgli is going to Netflix for global streaming release in 2019 with limited theatrical release to show off the 3D. I could see this happening to Dark Phoenix and New Mutants IMO.