Page 29 of 50 FirstFirst ... 1925262728293031323339 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Grimm911 View Post
    So I'm really getting a sense of Civil War III: Youth in Revolt.

Maybe Civil War III will be what ends the Outlawed status quo? Mayor Fisk (in Daredevil) wants the "under 21" part to be changed - effectively making it a repeat of Civil War 1 where all unregistered vigilantes were banned. We don't know yet what the next event is after King in Black.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 10-05-2020 at 12:41 PM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Proof read before publishing, guys.
    THANK YOU! You have no idea how much this is a pet peeve of mine while reading articles.

Maybe Civil War III will be what ends the Outlawed status quo? Mayor Fisk (in Daredevil) wants the "under 21" part to be changed - effectively making it a repeat of Civil War 1 where all unregistered vigilantes were banned. We don't know yet what the next event is after King in Black.
    I could see it happening but that raises two questions to ponder about. After the mediocre event of Civil War II do you think readers are willing to give a potential CWIII an actual chance no matter the creative team behind it? (most Likely Eve Ewing and an different top artist.) Or are we just too burnt out on hero versus hero / hero versus government to want to see it again?

Also two more reviews are now up

https://graphicpolicy.com/2020/10/05...w-champions-1/

https://weirdsciencemarvelcomics.com...ions-1-review/
    Last edited by Grimm911; 10-05-2020 at 03:32 PM.

Ultimate Member

THANK YOU! You have no idea how much this is a pet peeve of mine while reading articles.
    You might want to avoid Bleedingcool.

Anyway if you go to eBay there are plenty of auctions for all 4 variants of issue 1. Heck for the price of some of those in a store it's a bargain.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

I could see it happening but that raises two questions to ponder about. After the mediocre event of Civil War II do you think readers are willing to give a potential CWIII an actual chance no matter the creative team behind it? (most Likely Eve Ewing and an different top artist.) Or are we just too burnt out on hero versus hero / hero versus government to want to see it again?

"Heroes vs. heroes," yes, but considering how thoroughly corrupt the U.S. government (at least) in-universe has been for years/decades, especially in its attempts to subjugate and/or flat-out eliminate superpowered heroes/vigilantes, I would say we've been overdue for a "heroes vs. government" story. The question by now is why anyone would still think any of these people are acting in good faith anymore and not just trying to stifle what they see as a threat to their own interests, especially given Ms. Marvel calling out the hypocrisy of them claiming they're doing it "to protect the children" even though their own actions in so many other areas have done more to destroy those children's current and future quality of life.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

I'm not surprised the team is turning on each other since it was their screwup. Viv's not there so they'll probably jump on Victor.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

I kind of get the feeling that what's happening in Champions and Daredevil will be self-contained and resolved within its own books, not really leading to any massive crossover event. I just feel like it's too much to try to do another Civil War-like event. I find it weird enough that Marvel greenlit this new story for Daredevil when they're ALREADY doing something similar in Champions. I don't think we need a third book about the same subject.

The Daredevil story is actually directly connected to Outlawed. Kamala's Law is mentioned, and Fisk wants to extend it to all vigilantes. Of course, he only has jurisdiction over New York.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    I kind of get the feeling that what's happening in Champions and Daredevil will be self-contained and resolved within its own books, not really leading to any massive crossover event. I just feel like it's too much to try to do another Civil War-like event. I find it weird enough that Marvel greenlit this new story for Daredevil when they're ALREADY doing something similar in Champions. I don't think we need a third book about the same subject.
    The reviews for the first issue make the storyline sound too big to complete within a five issue mini-series, so I'm curious if they have changed anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    The reviews for the first issue make the storyline sound too big to complete within a five issue mini-series, so I'm curious if they have changed anything.
    Really hoping the solicitation for issue #4 can finally solve this confusion.

Crap! spoilers:
    The traitor... it's Viv! Bombshell and Wasp have joined Snowguard and Locust in captivity.
    end of spoilers

Champions #1 is set before Ms. Marvel #14
    spoilers:
    Because Kamala is still in hospital in Champions but back at school in her own book.
    end of spoilers
    And I think Miles's current arc is set between the two.
    spoilers:
    Because a previous issue of Miles Morales mentioned Kamala being in hospital.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Digifiend; 10-07-2020 at 05:54 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Crap! spoilers:
    The traitor... it's Viv! Bombshell and Wasp have joined Snowguard and Locust in captivity.
    end of spoilers

Champions #1 is set before Ms. Marvel #14
    spoilers:
    Because Kamala is still in hospital in Champions but back at school in her own book.
    end of spoilers
    And I think Miles's current arc is set between the two.
    spoilers:
    Because a previous issue of Miles Morales mentioned Kamala being in hospital.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I thought Viv was the casualty?? How can she be the traitor?
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    spoilers:
    I thought Viv was the casualty?? How can she be the traitor?
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Just read it. First of all this NEEDS to be an ongoing for me, I love what Eve is doing and Simone's art as always is beautiful with the coloring to match.

Second as for Viv, I wouldn't be surprised if it's one part guilt, and one part brainwashing. She may be experiencing the same kind of felling's Speedball/Justice went through after the Stamford tragedy that kicked of Civil War. Seeing as even CRADLE doesn't even know who's tipping them off my first guess was that she's working alone. But then I remember the WIP drawing Simone was working on and posted on Instagram before the hiatus. There's a panel or two of a creepy teen girl with no eyebrows that I believe Eve and him are setting up to be a new villain for the team. Wouldn't be surprised if she's manipulating or controlling Viv into betraying her friends.
    end of spoilers

Reviewers are so intertwined with the companies they cover that you really can't trust reviews. I'll have to check it out for myself.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest