Page 129 of 156 FirstFirst ... 2979119125126127128129130131132133139 ... LastLast
Results 1,921 to 1,935 of 2338
    BANNED

We are off the subject, but it is related to theaters and other businesses survival.
    I don’t understand Trump’s supporters, they refused to wear a mask, they refuse to get vaccinated. 99% of covid hospitalization are the unvaccinated. The weird part is Trump himself is fully vaccinated.

Because by and large, Trump supporters do not accept objective reality. Half of Republicans who are not vaccinated are that way because they don't want a microchip implant. Half!
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

I mean it sounds a little extreme that it will infect everyone unvaccinated, but if people do spread it like the first wave then I see mask mandates back. Remeber no masks = concession sales.

It cost me $9.75 to see Black Widow. I costs me $8 per month for Disney Plus. Is it really cost effective to see a movie in a theater?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Agreed lup. The Dow dropped 900 today on fears of the Delta Variant. Dr. Scott Cotlieb, former head of the CDC said he thinks almost every unvaccinated person will get the Delta V. It is that contagious.
    We could have ended this pandemic this summer if not for the anti-vaccination, Trump loving idiots.
    Trump supporter here. And the wife and I are fully vaccinated. I do agree on the unvaccinated getting the shot. My parents are still not vaccinated. I keep telling them to get the shot, but it falls on deaf ears.

Quote Originally Posted by CTTT View Post
    Trump supporter here. And the wife and I are fully vaccinated. I do agree on the unvaccinated getting the shot. My parents are still not vaccinated. I keep telling them to get the shot, but it falls on deaf ears.
    Glad to hear. To be more precise on what I said. Those not getting vaccinated are overwhelmingly Trump supporters.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    It cost me $9.75 to see Black Widow. I costs me $8 per month for Disney Plus. Is it really cost effective to see a movie in a theater?
    For people who don't mind the poorer visual and audio dynamics and don't like to go out, then probably no. For the majority, however, maybe?
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    It depends, for a single person it’s not cost effective. For a family it is cost effective, plus you can drop D+ at anytime you want.

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    For people who don't mind the poorer visual and audio dynamics and don't like to go out, then probably no. For the majority, however, maybe?
    My big screen tv and surround sound is great. I’ll say it’s better than theaters because I can adjust the picture and sound to my liking.

Mighty Member

I enjoy going to the theater especially for big movies. But, people talking looking at their cellphone and being loud are somewhat of a drawback. I was watching a podcast where one of the casters talked about their experience going to the theater to see Black Widow. Ticket showtime showed 7:15 but then he had to sit through 30 minutes of trailers. I understand and enjoy seeing previews during your movie but half an hour seems a bit much. I'm glad at least through HBO MAX and Disney+ at least viewers have an option. I don't think this hybrid release will be an ongoing thing. Just until the pandemic subsides.

Quote Originally Posted by luprki View Post
    My big screen tv and surround sound is great.
    I can guarantee it's nowhere near as big or good as a theater screen and sound system. If available for the film, your TV also doesn't have true 3D capability.

Let's pretend theaters are really going to disappear soon: what replaces dinner and a movie for date night as #1 on that list?

Astonishing Member

Ticket showtime showed 7:15 but then he had to sit through 30 minutes of trailers. I understand and enjoy seeing previews during your movie but half an hour seems a bit much.
    Maybe that's a local theater/chain issue. In mine it's like 10-15 minutes with not just trailers but commercials and the safety guidelines. That time flies as far as I'm concerned.

For that manner, right now there's the added inconvenience of sometimes long lines to get in to the point signs needed to be put advising people to go 1 hour early to make sure they catch the movie's start on time, if going late in the afternoon/evening. Has that turned people away? In my couple months of experience since Godzilla vs Kong... no.
    Last edited by Wildling; 07-20-2021 at 03:42 PM.

BANNED

I can guarantee it's nowhere near as big or good as a theater screen and sound system. If available for the film, your TV also doesn't have true 3D capability.
    I am talking about my situation, there is no way you can guarantee anything about my experience.
    And I never cared for 3D either.

BANNED

Let's pretend theaters are really going to disappear soon: what replaces dinner and a movie for date night as #1 on that list?
    You’re right I actually agree, but everyone didn’t go the movies for date night.

BANNED

I enjoy going to the theater especially for big movies. But, people talking looking at their cellphone and being loud are somewhat of a drawback. I was watching a podcast where one of the casters talked about their experience going to the theater to see Black Widow. Ticket showtime showed 7:15 but then he had to sit through 30 minutes of trailers. I understand and enjoy seeing previews during your movie but half an hour seems a bit much. I'm glad at least through HBO MAX and Disney+ at least viewers have an option. I don't think this hybrid release will be an ongoing thing. Just until the pandemic subsides.
    Theaters are doing something smart, they are showing more trailers to help recoup the loses of 2020.