• Luke Fox

0 0%
  • Bat-Cow

4 4.30%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Jason Todd.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

I voted for Dick. He had a rocky start in the New 52, losing his entire supporting cast to crossovers and events not just once but three times. But then he got Grayson, which in taking him out of his comfort zone served him extremely well in emphasising his core personality and values. Add to that an excellent artist, and a pair of writers who were on their mettle and at their best, who in all probability were egging each other on to greater feats of twisty evil plotting, and it was a book full of fun, heart, and character that showed him at his best.

Of course, if Maps Mizoguchi had been on the list she might have been my runaway winner. What? She's totally a member of the Bat Family. She even has her own batarang.

Quote Originally Posted by jules View Post
    . . . But then he got Grayson, which in taking him out of his comfort zone served him extremely well in emphasising his core personality and values. Add to that an excellent artist, and a pair of writers who were on their mettle and at their best, who in all probability were egging each other on to greater feats of twisty evil plotting, and it was a book full of fun, heart, and character that showed him at his best.
    Unfortunately, the last few issues of Grayson did NOT have that "excellent artist" nor the "pair of writers who were on their mettle and at their best", so the past few months of that title just limped along as a pale imitation.

(And did they ever resolve the plot with the Court of Owls from "Robin War" that was suppose to be continued in Grayson? If they did, I'll be damned if I can remember it happening.)

Spectacular Member agentofthebat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jadeb View Post
    Tim is my all-time favorite comic character, but the New 52 version is so terrible I voted for Bat-Cow.
    The 52 Tim was really bad.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Unfortunately, the last few issues of Grayson did NOT have that "excellent artist" nor the "pair of writers who were on their mettle and at their best", so the past few months of that title just limped along as a pale imitation.
    Well, no. I would much rather have seen Seeley and King (or even just one of them) see it to its conclusion, since while it was clearly still a truncated version of their plot it fell a little flat. And I wish that Mikel Janin could draw superhumanly fast so that we could see even more of his work. But that doesn't take away from the overall impression of the character from the many issues that preceded the creative switch.

(And did they ever resolve the plot with the Court of Owls from "Robin War" that was suppose to be continued in Grayson? If they did, I'll be damned if I can remember it happening.)
    Nope. Pretty sure the Robin War issue was time displaced within the run and that plot line was intended to be picked up after the one that ended the Grayson title. I imagine it'll get picked up in Nightwing in due course. Though as it was a plot line initiated by Tom King and Tim Seeley now has custody of the character, it might well play out somewhat differently than originally planned.

But then I guess that's true of a lot of medium and long term plans that were made before Rebirth came along.

Quote Originally Posted by Rakiduam View Post
    then why is Cassandra? or Stephanie for that matters? Both were introduced after Helena. And Harper is in the list but Duke isn't? Why?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jadeb View Post
    Tim is my all-time favorite comic character, but the New 52 version is so terrible I voted for Bat-Cow.
    I like Cass and Steph's pre-52 history. With the New 52 they'd both been relegated to minor characters. A *lot* of the New 52 has left me saying "why?"

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Went with Dick. Grayson was the only Bat-Book besides Eternal (which turned into kind of a dull mess) that I found interesting.

Barbara Gordon.

Grayson for me, followed by Damian. Prior to the New-52 it was Tim. Hopefully things go up from here for him.

Tough

I would pick David Zavimbe over Dick Grayson, Bat-Cow and Jason Todd.

Wow look at all that Dick lovin, more popular than Bruce on his own forum. Bats definitely needs to step up in rebirth.
    Last edited by lucius121; 05-31-2016 at 08:12 AM.

Wish there was more Selina-lovin' here.

The last 18 issues (Valentine's run followed by Tieri's) were really good.

Astonishing Member

David Zavimbe as Batwing killed it during the New 52.

I can't vote for him but he's mine.

BANNED

Bat-cow but not terry mcginnis?

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Wish there was more Selina-lovin' here.

The last 18 issues (Valentine's run followed by Tieri's) were really good.
    My experience with new52 Catwoman started with Valentine's run and I really enjoyed that take on Selina
    DC: Aquaman, Batman, Harley Quinn, Wonder Woman

Marvel: Ms. Marvel, Punisher, Daredevil

Image: Outcast, Bitch Planet, The Autumnlands, Black Magick, The Goddamned

Indies: Black, Insexts, Animosity, Alters, Mighty Morphin Power Rangers, Red Sonja