Page 184 of 388 FirstFirst ... 84134174180181182183184185186187188194234284 ... LastLast
Results 2,746 to 2,760 of 5810

Big difference between Superman and Batman with their female rogues is that Batman's end up having sex with him, whereas it's kind of treated as a taboo topic for Superman to have sex, sometimes even with his own wife... [facepalm]

Also, we can't forget that there are still a lot of artists and fans who aren't comfortable in a portrayal of Superman's punching a woman in the face. I just went to YouTube to re-watch his kerfuffle with Faora in Man of Steel and I don't think he ever lands a clean strike on her. There's some grappling and he pushes her off him, but no typical Superman haymakers. Plus, any violent moves he applies to Faora come after she gives him a lot of big hits.

Extraordinary Member

I mean the animated series had to create female villains for him: Livewire and Volcana.
    Though they did use Maxima once.

Astonishing Member

Here is a controversial Superman opinion: The modern Superman suit should have no trunks like Patrick Gleason's Superman, but keep the short-sleeve look like Morrison's.

This would have two advantages:

1. It would fix the "too much blue" problem that is created whenever Superman loses the trunks.

2. Strong visible biceps are arguably just as associated with strongmen today as the trunks were in the 1930's.
    Last edited by Kaitou D. Kid; 05-29-2020 at 09:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DochaDocha View Post
    Big difference between Superman and Batman with their female rogues is that Batman's end up having sex with him, whereas it's kind of treated as a taboo topic for Superman to have sex, sometimes even with his own wife... [facepalm]

Also, we can't forget that there are still a lot of artists and fans who aren't comfortable in a portrayal of Superman's punching a woman in the face. I just went to YouTube to re-watch his kerfuffle with Faora in Man of Steel and I don't think he ever lands a clean strike on her. There's some grappling and he pushes her off him, but no typical Superman haymakers. Plus, any violent moves he applies to Faora come after she gives him a lot of big hits.
    It's not from a lack of trying. Remember, he's never fought anyone prior to this moment before.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    It's not from a lack of trying. Remember, he's never fought anyone prior to this moment before.
    Actually, there is more to it. Faora even mocks kal. "you are weak, kal.unsure of yourself . the fact that you have a morality. Gives us an evolutionary advantage". It can be interpreted any way. It can be interpreted as her mocking his naive chivalry or just his morality as a whole. But, that conversation doesn't happen with zod or anyone else. @dochadocha might be right. You can also be right. But, i think i lean with him a little bit more.

Astonishing Member

I've never really believed in the "too much blue" thing. MegaMan and Sonic both run around in all blue but don't really seem to catch much if any heat for it. People actively want the Flash to be as red as possible, people seem to resist Billy Batson having more color added to his suit.

Likewise Batman has gone through roughly 3-4 costume changes since Batman INC. At it's worst I remember people saying the cod piece on the INC suit looked dumb but for the most part people don't really care whether Bruce wears trunks or not. Heck Bruce as a character often goes through different changes from adaptation to adaptation, writer to writer but he ultimately doesn't seem worse for the wear; might even be stronger for it.

Superman's issue right now is that the clothes seem to be making the man, a problem two characters that have been smoking him for a good while don't seem to have, Batman and Spiderman.
    Rules are for lesser men, Charlie - Grand Pa Joe ~ Willy Wonka & Chocolate Factory

Superman in a weight lifting contest,make it happen dc.

I guess, i can't term this controversial Because i don't think anyone would actually care enough .So not exactly controversial but more so an eye rolling opinion.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 05-29-2020 at 10:48 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by The World View Post
    I've never really believed in the "too much blue" thing. MegaMan and Sonic both run around in all blue but don't really seem to catch much if any heat for it. People actively want the Flash to be as red as possible, people seem to resist Billy Batson having more color added to his suit.

Likewise Batman has gone through roughly 3-4 costume changes since Batman INC. At it's worst I remember people saying the cod piece on the INC suit looked dumb but for the most part people don't really care whether Bruce wears trunks or not. Heck Bruce as a character often goes through different changes from adaptation to adaptation, writer to writer but he ultimately doesn't seem worse for the wear; might even be stronger for it.

Superman's issue right now is that the clothes seem to be making the man, a problem two characters that have been smoking him for a good while don't seem to have, Batman and Spiderman.
    I think the difference between Superman and Megaman/Sonic is that Superman is that is associated with both red and blue. People imagine him having that perfect red:blue ratio in his costume like Spider-Man does.

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

I can't say I've ever been interested in them getting into Superman's sex life, but because of that I can't say it's been treated as more off limits than it is for many other characters. He's not Wolverine or Daredevil, but he's also not Barry Allen or Reed Richards.
    Welcome or welcome back! Please check out the updated
    CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Atleast superman isn't this

Imagine superman not kissing lois.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuwagaton View Post
    I can't say I've ever been interested in them getting into Superman's sex life, but because of that I can't say it's been treated as more off limits than it is for many other characters. He's not Wolverine or Daredevil, but he's also not Barry Allen or Reed Richards.
    I was a bit heavy-handed in my explanation, but I can't imagine it'd go over well with the fandom if Superman had relationship with a character like Batman does with Talia or Selina Kyle. Not saying I want to see some sort of relationship, but I'm guessing it'd be highly unpopular.

EDIT: BTW, I'm not insisting that what they do with Batman is good and what they do with Superman is bad. I could very much make the argument that Batman stories don't do a great job of handling female villains without making them gaga for Batman, Harley notwithstanding.
    Last edited by DochaDocha; 05-29-2020 at 11:28 AM.

I was a bit heavy-handed in my explanation, but I can't imagine it'd go over well with the fandom if Superman had relationship with a character like Batman does with Talia or Selina Kyle. Not saying I want to see some sort of relationship, but I'm guessing it'd be highly unpopular.
    Volcana had a thing for superman in dcau.Superman seems to atleast have found some sense of attachment towards her. Also, smallville had clark fall in love with Alicia who was disturbed.

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    Atleast superman isn't this

Imagine superman not kissing lois.
    ...Yeah, I got no excuses for that one. Such a head scratching thing, both subbed and dubbed. It honestly perplexed everyone on kanzenshuu (forum for Dragon Ball fans).

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    Actually, there is more to it. Faora even mocks kal. "you are weak, kal.unsure of yourself . the fact that you have a morality. Gives us an evolutionary advantage". It can be interpreted any way. It can be interpreted as her mocking his naive chivalry or just his morality as a whole. But, that conversation doesn't happen with zod or anyone else. @dochadocha might be right. You can also be right. But, i think i lean with him a little bit more.
    Don't know if this controversial or not but Clark vs the Kryptonians in MOS is the best live action fight with superbeings.
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Quote Originally Posted by 9th. View Post
    Don't know if this controversial or not but Clark vs the Kryptonians in MOS is the best live action fight with superbeings.
    Actually, superman fights should aim better.