Page 362 of 613 FirstFirst ... 262312352358359360361362363364365366372412462 ... LastLast
Results 5,416 to 5,430 of 9190
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tofali View Post
    This is within her power set so i believed this even before posing my question I guess my problem is i equate directly controlling water to water-benders like Katara and Mera who have the mastery but their scope is really small while Ororo may not have their finesse but beats them because her scope is big when she creates storms and even a tsunami
    Well I would think her manipulation of Jean and Monet's face demonstrates she has fine control over water. That isn't to say we will see her manipulate water in ways those characters can but I think it is definitely within her ability to do so considering her omega status. Ororo's best work is with air and atmosphere above water but I believe as she continues to find reasons to control water we will see better displays of how well she can control it.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 08-03-2020 at 02:47 PM.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    Well I would think her manipulation of Jean and Monet's face demonstrates she has fine control over water. That isn't to say we will see her manipulate water in ways those characters can but I think it is definitely within her ability to do so considering her omega status. Ororo's best work is with air and atmosphere above water but I believe as she continues to find reasons to control water we will see better displays of how well she can control it.

Yep i can't argue against her water manipulation ability here was there any other showing in the past where she had this kind of precision?
    Last edited by Tofali; 08-03-2020 at 02:53 PM.

Yep i can't argue against her water manipulation ability here :cool was there any other showing in the past where she had this kind of precision?
    hmm. there was one other example where she changed the water droplets to a lense to amplify the sunlight to recharge cyclops back before she joined the xmen:

there's another example where she manipulates the surface tension of the water to allow her to surf on it:

here's another where she manipulates a water bubble to allow her to descend into the bottom of the pacific ocean:

I think of the three the water droplet manipulation would require more fine control over water.

Remember that Ororo controls the energies and natural forces that exist in the natural world:

energy would include things such as electromagnetic, thermal, radiation, etc.
    natural forces would include things such as gravity, weak forces, etc.

we haven't seen her manipulate all aspects of nature (such as gravity) that she should be able to command as much of her display of power is exhibited in the form of weather. However, the same energies (electrons for example) that make up weather also can be found in water. Her connection to the energies/forces found in small and large bodies of water allows her to control it. We saw her do this recently in HoX:

note: the water they are standing in has no current and is not free-flowing.

To this day, I still don't know why they needed Storm to be there. Sill a cool feat...
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

To my mind, Storm was able to transcend the distance so as to avoid the 8 minute lag time from electromagnetism's speed limit(the sun is so far, information traveling at the speed of light still takes 8.3 minutes to reach earth). She's able to directly commune with the sun from earth, bypassing the physical distance(as she did in the galactic core feat), so that the feed would be 'live', not time-delayed. Hickman worded it so densely it is hard to clearly understand. It makes for a great visual, especially at the end when Jean dies and the water just is still again.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Niffleheim

hmm. there was one other example where she changed the water droplets to a lense to amplify the sunlight to recharge cyclops back before she joined the xmen:

I think of the three the water droplet manipulation would require more fine control over water.
    i was only aware of the last one in Utopia but thanks for the other two at least i'll have more examples to pull from now

Storm Serving LEWKS continued...

Date night with her GAL Yukio at Limelight in NYC! And able to make a costume change while fending a Phalanx attack!

But to be fair, its more likely that Madureira was working off the outfit she was shown wearing as she departed Salem Center to head into the City in the previous issue by John Romita Jr. OF COURSE she changed at the club because it was snowing outside and she might have gotten tired of the ensemble by the time she touched down in Chelsea.

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    To this day, I still don't know why they needed Storm to be there. Sill a cool feat...
    I didn't either other than having her manipulate water but then yoga stated this...

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    To my mind, Storm was able to transcend the distance so as to avoid the 8 minute lag time from electromagnetism's speed limit(the sun is so far, information traveling at the speed of light still takes 8.3 minutes to reach earth). She's able to directly commune with the sun from earth, bypassing the physical distance(as she did in the galactic core feat), so that the feed would be 'live', not time-delayed. Hickman worded it so densely it is hard to clearly understand. It makes for a great visual, especially at the end when Jean dies and the water just is still again.
    ororo is stated to be there for invocation. your explanation would seem to fit into that word.

i was only aware of the last one in Utopia but thanks for the other two at least i'll have more examples to pull from now
    you're welcome boo.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    Storm Serving LEWKS continued...

Date night with her GAL Yukio at Limelight in NYC! And able to make a costume change while fending a Phalanx attack!

But to be fair, its more likely that Madureira was working off the outfit she was shown wearing as she departed Salem Center to head into the City in the previous issue by John Romita Jr. OF COURSE she changed at the club because it was snowing outside and she might have gotten tired of the ensemble by the time she touched down in Chelsea.
    yes I didn't like lobdells Storm in terms of his writing but I did enjoy the art and these images show demonstrate this beautifully!

Cool. Makes sense. Let's go with that.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

59C97D13-548E-44EB-A367-8C0349543F3A.jpg Is this not considered water manipulation? She’s lifting the bottom of the ocean up that’s super heavy and a lot of water I think the writers just don’t explore her water bending cuss there lazy and rather draw her shooting lightning lol

Quote Originally Posted by Weathergodsson View Post
    59C97D13-548E-44EB-A367-8C0349543F3A.jpg Is this not considered water manipulation? She’s lifting the bottom of the ocean up that’s super heavy and a lot of water I think the writers just don’t explore her water bending cuss there lazy and rather draw her shooting lightning lol
    yes this is definitely water manipulation!!! what book and issue is that from?

TAS Storm was great. Definitely the best cartoon Storm(though Pryde Storm had potential; I loved her atmospheric force-field in space, even comics Storm hasn't really done that)!
    Atmospheric force-field in space? I really need to rewatch Pryme... I don't remember this.

Quote Originally Posted by Synestra View Post
    Yeah, TAS was my favorite of the animated versions of Storm. I still remember the scene where the X-Men were losing against the Hellfire Club, and Storm starts taking them all out by herself. It literally took the Phoenix to stop her.

I actually just started a re-watch of TAS on Disney+ and she has a lot of moments like this.

Evolution's Storm was good too, there just wasn't enough focus on her character. But her punching out Mystique is certainly memorable.
    You are absolutely right... hell, why didn't I realize this, till now. She really took down most of the core members of the Hellfire Club on her own.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    I just hate that Evo made her older than her contemporaries. It automatically took the focus away from her.
    I agree. But I also agree that her real power wasn't really touched in EVO, but it was the second favourite after TAS. I prefer EVO before Wolverine and X-Men.

what do you mean is it too late? this is the latest one we have:

as you know she did this against the galactic wakandan fleet.
    I still don't get what she did exactly in that place... did she attacked them, did she destroy them... I just don't get it.

one more month to storm giant size issue!! Hickman I'm ready for you to show us what you got!
    Hell yeah! I am so hyped for it!

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    I don't understand how that doesn't show how durable she is as well. Not many bodies can float in space. And if space oulls the air out of your body shouldn't technically storm be able to travel in space unaided. I mean her body adjusts for cold and she could theoretically keep producing her own air and holding it to her body sort of like when she went under water in her solo.
    I keep saying the same, I keep saying that her durability should be at least 4-5! She has been in space, underwater, she was blasted by direct radiation from the sun and she even survived in mid space under all that pressure. Her durability should be at least 5-6! Not 4-5. Those are too many achievements to be even 4-5!

Quote Originally Posted by The92Ghost View Post
    Atmospheric force-field in space? I really need to rewatch Pryme... I don't remember this.

You are absolutely right... hell, why didn't I realize this, till now. She really took down most of the core members of the Hellfire Club on her own.

I agree. But I also agree that her real power wasn't really touched in EVO, but it was the second favourite after TAS. I prefer EVO before Wolverine and X-Men.

I still don't get what she did exactly in that place... did she attacked them, did she destroy them... I just don't get it.

Hell yeah! I am so hyped for it!

I keep saying the same, I keep saying that her durability should be at least 4-5! She has been in space, underwater, she was blasted by direct radiation from the sun and she even survived in mid space under all that pressure. Her durability should be at least 5-6! Not 4-5. Those are too many achievements to be even 4-5!
    in that one panel in space she connected with all the energies that spanned the cosmos, which included the wakandan fleet. once she did she was able to directly control the microclimates within each ship while simultaneously freezing, heating up/ removing air from the vessels disrupting each ships life support systems.

BANNED

yes this is definitely water manipulation!!! what book and issue is that from?
    X-Men Unlimited (2004) Issue #6