Page 167 of 497 FirstFirst ... 67117157163164165166167168169170171177217267 ... LastLast
Results 2,491 to 2,505 of 7450

Thread: DCU Movies

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Refrax5 View Post
    According to Gunn, he had nothing to do with that scene and Sandberg said it was originally supposed to be members of the JSA but it fell through last minute.

Gunn says a lot of things. It's not a full reboot because he's keeping his own projects. He's not keeping anyone else. He's acting like he might because it's his job to promote these movies and he's not going to come out and say he's ignoring all of these movies unless he specifically had a hand in their creation. Sometimes corporate heads lie or mislead.
    https://www.cbr.com/james-gunn-debun...asting-rumors/

Again, people, he debunked these rumors months ago. He is in fact keeping some others besides The Suicide Squad. Unless he’s just bald-face lying to everyone. And yes, I know corporate heads sometimes mislead. But if that were the case, why would he even announce that Henry Cavill was out? If he was really trying to mislead that much, why not just keep it all a secret until actually rebooting so that people are still enthusiastic about the movies coming out now?

In other words, if Gunn was trying to mislead us to that extent, he would still be saying that Cavill is Superman and that Affleck is Batman. There’s really no advantage to saying that only some are leaving and others are staying unless he’s actually planning to have some stay.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Refrax5 View Post
    I know what the scene is. Both Gunn and the director said it was filmed before Gunn was in charge and wasn't Gunn's idea. Shazam is, unfortunately, going to bomb. Gunn has no plans for it.

As for Flash, I've been following the production of that obsessively for years and I do believe it's going to be very good, but I doubt Miller will be kept. Ezra is more trouble than he's worth and that role can be recast. I think they're a very talented actor and I was once a defender of them, but grooming allegations are very hard to come back from.
    But Gunn has been in charge for several months at this point and still allowed the film to be released with that post-credit scene. He could have had it removed in plenty of time before the film’s release and chose not to. But again, the plans may change at some point. I don’t have a crystal ball.
    Last edited by Green Goblin of Sector 2814; 03-17-2023 at 11:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Only if people actually go to Shazam 2 to see it. My guess is they left the door open to port Shazam over if FOTG did well… which it doesn’t look like it will. What’s one more end credit that goes nowhere for DC at this point?
    This is sad at this point.

Only if people actually go to Shazam 2 to see it. My guess is they left the door open to port Shazam over if FOTG did well… which it doesn’t look like it will. What’s one more end credit that goes nowhere for DC at this point?
    Yeah, at this point it would be surprising if new DC movie didn't create some new problems.

wait James Gunn is married to Jennifer Holland?!

lol how did I not know this?!
    The J-man

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

I don't see much of a future teased in the post-credits scenes. As I said in the previous page, one of the after credit scenes is indirectly connected to a recent flop (Black Adam), and that alone make the franchise tied to something irrelevant for DC's future.

spoilers:
    Harcourt and Economos meet Billy (Levi) in behalf of Amanda Waller to recruits him for the JSA. The actual scene is played for laughs, it's more about Billy finding misleading the team name because its similarity with "Justice League" and coming up with new names for it like "Authority Society" and "Avengers Society". Harcourt and Economos are annoyed by Billy and leave him there making his childish jokes.

It's possible Hamada, Johnson or whoever considered to add Shazam! to the JSA in a potential spin-off, but what you'll get in the film is just a comedic scene about the team name, nothing more.

The 2nd after credits scene with Mr. Mind and Sivana is another nothingburger.
    end of spoilers

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    I don't see much of a future teased in the post-credits scenes. As I said in the previous page, one of the after credit scenes is indirectly connected to a recent flop (Black Adam), and that alone make the franchise tied to something irrelevant for DC's future.

spoilers:
    Harcourt and Economos meet Billy (Levi) in behalf of Amanda Waller to recruits him for the JSA. The actual scene is played for laughs, it's more about Billy finding misleading the team name because its similarity with "Justice League" and coming up with new names for it like "Authority Society" and "Avengers Society". Harcourt and Economos are annoyed by Billy and leave him there making his childish jokes.

It's possible Hamada, Johnson or whoever considered to add Shazam! to the JSA in a potential spin-off, but what you'll get in the film is just a comedic scene about the team name, nothing more.

The 2nd after credits scene with Mr. Mind and Sivana is another nothingburger.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I took it as being more tied to Waller than being tied to Black Adam. Is there really any mention of Black Adam? No. And the JSA being name dropped doesn't really mean its a spin-off of Black Adam, since the JSA are their own team and they could just ignore the JSA from Black Adam. But, they do name-drop Waller specifically and we know that Waller is getting her own series, being written by Gunn at this very moment.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Green Goblin of Sector 2814; 03-18-2023 at 07:44 AM.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Green Goblin of Sector 2814 View Post
    spoilers:
    I took it as being more tied to Waller than being tied to Black Adam. Is there really any mention of Black Adam? No. And the JSA being name dropped doesn't really mean its a spin-off of Black Adam, since the JSA are their own team and they could just ignore the JSA from Black Adam. But, they do name-drop Waller specifically and we know that Waller is getting her own series, being written by Gunn at this very moment.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    The JSA working with Amanda Waller is a thing of the Black Adam film, and the JSA was also introduced in BA. The scenes were all filmed pre-Gunn under Hamada and don't reflect Gunn's plans anyway. Doubt you'll see Levi or the JSA in the Waller show or Peacemaker 2.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 03-18-2023 at 08:01 AM.

Yeah the question is “in what role?” Already been said he wouldn’t play two roles so if he’s really been recruited for Lobo, Aquaman 2 is his final movie as Arthur. If Aquaman 2 gets similar reception as Shazam 2 that just makes it easier to end that incarnation of Aquaman.
    He made it clear that he will stay as Aquaman, but did not exclude he might play other characters(Lobo) as well.
    If Aquaman 2 won't perform well, has nothing to do with Momoa, probably they messed up the script, that happens when a first movie does well and wasn't expected to, afterwards those who did not care about the first movie, jump on board and want to have a say.
    Aquaman 2 has lost the person that knows Aquaman most and what works with him. Therefore I expect it not to do well.

BTW - Recasting Arthur so soon won't be a good idea, The first Aquaman will be for a long time the gold standard. Returning to a classic looking Aquaman might work with comic readers but non Comic audiences identify Aquaman with Jason.
    Last edited by Goldrake; 03-18-2023 at 09:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Goldrake View Post
    He made it clear that he will stay as Aquaman, but did not exclude he might play other characters(Lobo) as well.
    If Aquaman 2 won't perform well, has nothing to do with Momoa, probably they messed up the script, that happens when a first movie does well and wasn't expected to, afterwards those who did not care about the first movie, jump on board and want to have a say.
    Aquaman 2 has lost the person that knows Aquaman most and what works with him. Therefore I expect it not to do well.

BTW - Recasting Arthur so soon won't be a good idea, The first Aquaman will be for a long time the gold standard. Returning to a classic looking Aquaman might work with comic readers but non Comic audiences identify Aquaman with Jason.
    Gunn, Momoa, and everyone associated with the current DC movies have been very coy and diplomatic about answering questions about the post-reboot DC movieverse. They sure as hell aren’t going to say “it’s all going to change and the $200 million movies we have coming out this year don’t matter.”

Momoa said “I’ll always be Aquaman”. Which to me sounds like someone saying Micheal Keaton will always be Batman and Tobey Miguire will always be Spider-Man. Not a confirmation that he’s playing him again but just saying he’ll always be associated with the character. He’s trying not to kill any hype for The Lost Kingdom.

He stated he won’t play two characters at the same time. He also said there’s other characters he could play.

“[‘Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom’] is going to be coming out this December and then, uh… Ya know, I’ll always be Aquaman. The rumors are… I’ll always be Aquaman, ain’t anyone coming in there and taking ****, and then, there may be some other characters too. I can play other things, too. I can be funny and savage and charming once in a while.”

Now that you mention it WB/DC are now the masters of post-credit scenes that are never followed up on .

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Gunn, Momoa, and everyone associated with the current DC movies have been very coy and diplomatic about answering questions about the post-reboot DC movieverse. They sure as hell aren’t going to say “it’s all going to change and the $200 million movies we have coming out this year don’t matter.”

Momoa said “I’ll always be Aquaman”. Which to me sounds like someone saying Micheal Keaton will always be Batman and Tobey Miguire will always be Spider-Man. Not a confirmation that he’s playing him again but just saying he’ll always be associated with the character. He’s trying not to kill any hype for The Lost Kingdom.

He stated he won’t play two characters at the same time. He also said there’s other characters he could play.

“[‘Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom’] is going to be coming out this December and then, uh… Ya know, I’ll always be Aquaman. The rumors are… I’ll always be Aquaman, ain’t anyone coming in there and taking ****, and then, there may be some other characters too. I can play other things, too. I can be funny and savage and charming once in a while.”
    He also said that he was excited with the plans of WB. Nobody is excited if he was to lose the role of the character that gave him worldwide fame.
    With all respect playing Lobo might be fun but will never give him the fame and money that Aquaman gave him.
    Also Keep in mind that Momoa has a big ally in the current DC leadership, Safran who was involved in the first Aquaman.
    As for Aquaman 2, hype or not, Jason can do very little if the movie will be a disaster, the constant delays aren't just to avoid Avatar, they knew since 4 years ago that. There are rumours of fights over the script etc with Wan and Jason on one side and the rest opposing them. Some people who saw the test screening relate of a movie that has no appeal or connection to the Aquaman lore. As if someone came up with ideas that have no basis in any Aquastory. Not surprised if that is the case, probably people with a basic knowledge about Aquaman.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Now that you mention it WB/DC are now the masters of post-credit scenes that are never followed up on .
    To think they beat out Last Airbender AND Dragon Ball Evolution combined!

Astonishing Member

Yeah, the post-credit scene makes me think that the chances of a full reboot are not really likely. Or at the very least would be very hard to rectify with the end of FOTG. And again, Gunn already confirmed that that wasn’t the route they were going anyway. Like, I get some people here really really want a full, wipe-the-slate-clean reboot. But we already had the guy in charge of the studio himself say that that is not what he’s planning.

Here’s the explanation of the post-credit scene for those who want to know:

https://collider.com/shazam-fury-of-...nes-explained/
    So I watches Shazam! Fury of the Gods and...honestly, I loved it!

It's not high cinema or anything like that. Its a nice fun movie with some pretty good action and CGI, some great comedy, and a lot of heart! And honestly, as someone who's not the greatest Shazam fan in the world and who wasn't particularly excited about this film before watching it, I left the theatre definitely hoping we get to see more of these characters/actors.

I kinda hope Gunn does follow up on those post-credit scenes, even if they weren't his idea...or at least lets Sandberg follow up on them

spoilers:
    In a way, tying Shazam to anything remotely Suicide Squad/Waller related bodes well since those are Gunn's territory and are definitely making it to the rebooted/reset DCU. And I was excited by the JSA reference. I think the JSA were one of the few good things about Black Adam, so I'd honestly love it if the JSA showed up in a potential Shazam 3. I suppose Billy and the Fam would need some help dealing with the Monster Society of Evil
    end of spoilers

As for the critics...well f#ck 'em! This is the second time in a row that the critics have slammed a superhero movie I ended up enjoying, so I don't set much stock in what they say anymore when it comes to this genre. Incidentially, who are these critics? I've read plenty of fairly positive reviews of the movie too.

BANNED

https://www.cbr.com/james-gunn-debun...asting-rumors/

Again, people, he debunked these rumors months ago. He is in fact keeping some others besides The Suicide Squad. Unless he’s just bald-face lying to everyone. And yes, I know corporate heads sometimes mislead. But if that were the case, why would he even announce that Henry Cavill was out? If he was really trying to mislead that much, why not just keep it all a secret until actually rebooting so that people are still enthusiastic about the movies coming out now?

In other words, if Gunn was trying to mislead us to that extent, he would still be saying that Cavill is Superman and that Affleck is Batman. There’s really no advantage to saying that only some are leaving and others are staying unless he’s actually planning to have some stay.
    He didn't debunk anything. He said he wasn't just keeping his stuff and then used very obviously vague language about the futures of the characters that have movies he's obligated to promote this year. It's not a coincidence.