Page 20 of 110 FirstFirst ... 101617181920212223243070 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    Charlize fits my dream, but Emily is close. I guess CT was mentioned years ago as a possibility. She is an amazing looking woman, but possibly older than they now would want. Still . . .
    It was her role in Prometheus that made me think she'd be ideal since her spacesuit was quite FF'y. But that's nearly a decade ago now. If they were going with older Reed and Sue I'd say her and George Clooney would have been good choices (even if George is pushing 60 now). Or the logical choice of Emily Blunt and John Krasinski who are actually husband and wife now for a slightly younger couple.

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    So I'm just gonna say it. I can't see Jennifer Lawrence as Susan Storm at the moment, especially if she's in disinterested Mystique mode. I would much prefer an older actress that I can imagine being a mom myself. Emily Brunt or Charlize Theron being my current picks. But Jennifer strikes me as someone who dislikes long term roles, and Susan is definitely a character who needs to be around for a while in the MCU.
    Have there been rumors about JLaw being cast as Sue? I really hope not, she was so disinterested in X-Men and I really don't want to see that carried over for Sue. This is definitely an unpopular opinion but I actually liked Jessica Alba as Sue but then again, those movies were my introduction to the Fantastic Four and I haven't watched them in forever so I might think differently if I rewatched them again.

I read a/the CBR article and it feels like they think the source is not always reliable, so I'm guessing it's a troll and certainly not real.
    ~ Oberon ~
    Comic-book reading Witch and Pagan since 1970
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

I'll take Emily Blunt over JLaw any day of the week...
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

I read a/the CBR article and it feels like they think the source is not always reliable, so I'm guessing it's a troll and certainly not real.
    Thank goodness. Over in the Storm thread, a poster also confirmed that the JLaw rumor is fake. I really don't care for JLaw so I have no desire to see her play one of my favorite characters. I would also accept Emily Blunt in the role any day.

I don't think this name has ever been brought up before, but I love Alicia Vikander and wouldn't mind her as Sue. Although I'm not sure I've ever seen a movie with her where she did an American accent.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    I'll take Emily Blunt over JLaw any day of the week...
    Same here.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

It's fake thankfully.

Marvel apparently hasn't even got writers or a script yet.

https://twitter.com/krolljvar/status...36992319180800
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

I guess that means we can count out any FF cameos in Wanda/Vision. I know there was speculation that Reed was Monica's source.

I'm of the belief that there are many blonde actresses who are rumored to be in the running or interested. At this point, I'm perfectly happy to wait for any sort of official confirmation. I also have almost no real preferences so there is that, as well.

Quote Originally Posted by whitecrown View Post
    I guess that means we can count out any FF cameos in Wanda/Vision. I know there was speculation that Reed was Monica's source.
    Marvel/MCU does things for a reason and foreshadows. While I think it is early to say it could be Reed, maybe it's a pre-Von Doom since... genius. I see this as more of a coda or epilog, the mystery 'friend' of Monica arrives when all is done, a little to late. "Maybe next time Victor can be more helpful"
    ~ Oberon ~
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by whitecrown View Post
    They could do some little cameo even without any actors. Just mention name, or show some document/file written/sent by "Dr. Richards". Similar to how Stephen Strange was mentioned in Captain America's second movie long before he actually appeared on screen.

Quote Originally Posted by Harasar View Post
    They could do some little cameo even without any actors. Just mention name, or show some document/file written/sent by "Dr. Richards". Similar to how Stephen Strange was mentioned in Captain America's second movie long before he actually appeared on screen.
    Yes, that's true. It would be interesting though if the source is actually Sue and not Reed if they decide to go the route of making Sue an authority in her own right.

Marvel/MCU does things for a reason and foreshadows. While I think it is early to say it could be Reed, maybe it's a pre-Von Doom since... genius. I see this as more of a coda or epilog, the mystery 'friend' of Monica arrives when all is done, a little to late. "Maybe next time Victor can be more helpful"
    I never even thought about Doom. He would work especially since that could add a connection to Wanda as well.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    I'm of the belief that there are many blonde actresses who are rumored to be in the running or interested. At this point, I'm perfectly happy to wait for any sort of official confirmation. I also have almost no real preferences so there is that, as well.
    Of course the actress cast doesn't have to be blonde. They can dye it, wear a wig, or they might even decide not to have her be blonde (i.e. if she isn't white).
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

So does anyone think that rather than such a name drop, in WV or other shows,

maybe MCU goes the route of a theory that the FF are stuck in the Quantum realm, having been lost there in a previous era, about 60 years ago. Chronopolis, Kang and that theory or idea?

The part of me that wishes they were established as the first real heroes loves this, as it explains where they were. Only Pym, Shield or others knew this happened to the FF and they were forgotten.
    ~ Oberon ~

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Whilst I think it's probably not likely that Jessica Alba will play Sue again despite the interest for some, I have to admit I would LOVE with the multiverse stuff in play if we got to see the 2005/2007 Fantastic Four for a scene or two and reunite that cast. If we can have Spider-Men and X-Men back again for a spell it would be awesome to have them too.