Page 157 of 245 FirstFirst ... 57107147153154155156157158159160161167207 ... LastLast
Results 2,341 to 2,355 of 3672

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard-01 View Post
    I get the feeling they'll be singing a very different tune a few weeks or months after JL drops. Superman is receiving massive praise by people who have seen the movie already and this movie may JUST be the thing that brings our divided fanbase back together.

How do I know? Check out the DCEU thread in the DC Board. We have two posters who saw an advanced screening last night. One of them HATED the last two Snyder movies with a fiery passion. I've crossed swords with this guy several times. The other one loved the last two Snyder movies. They BOTH loved this movie.
    Yeah, I think WB has been on the reactionary side in how they plan for movies. If there's enough positive reaction toward Superman in this movie, it'd be hard for them to ignore.

I was just thinking, MoS came out in 2013, and if 2021 is the earliest we get an MoS sequel, that's going to be a fair amount of time between movies. I wonder how much longer Henry Cavill is going to want to keep doing this. Hope he doesn't lose interest before they can make a couple more solo films.

Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DochaDocha View Post
    Yeah, I think WB has been on the reactionary side in how they plan for movies. If there's enough positive reaction toward Superman in this movie, it'd be hard for them to ignore.

I was just thinking, MoS came out in 2013, and if 2021 is the earliest we get an MoS sequel, that's going to be a fair amount of time between movies. I wonder how much longer Henry Cavill is going to want to keep doing this. Hope he doesn't lose interest before they can make a couple more solo films.
    He's very​ passionate about Supes. I think as long as JL is successful and people want to see Supes, Henry will stick around.

Also depending on what happens in regards to Affleck , and if popular reaction to Superman is high enough, I could easily see a senario where Affleck doesn't do the Reeves Batman film, and to give proper distance between castings, that film would be delayed in favor of a solo Superman movie. Failing that, they may have Henry's Supes pop up as a special guest star in some of these other DC films in lew of Batman as it looks like Ben may not want to continue.
    When it comes to comics,one person's "fan-service" is another persons personal cannon. So by definition it's ALL fan service. Aren't we ALL fans?
    SUPERMAN is the greatest fictional character ever created.

Last Son of Shaolin GreatKungLao's Avatar

Man of Steel 2: The Oz Effect confirmed

Last edited by GreatKungLao; 11-14-2017 at 09:49 AM.

BANNED

There's a pretty gorgeous spoilers:
    Trinity
    end of spoilers shot from the movie making the 'rounds on reddit

Took me a while, I'm back Netherman14's Avatar

Alfred tries complimenting Bruce for bringing the team together, but Bruce affirms Superman would be able to do a much better job. When Alfred tries to dismiss Superman's powers as an asset Bruce says "He's more human I am. He lived in this world, fell in love, had a job. In spite of all that power. The worlds needs Superman... the team needs Clark." Bruce has come a long way from his blind hatred of an alien.
    And Hellacre gave Zack so much crap for not having Superman (help) form the League in this reality when it was all part of his plan all along, the man is a lot more clever and smart than the majority of people unfortunately think he is.
    Pull-List:

DC: Batman: Damned, The Green Lantern. Young Justice. Wonder Twins

Boom!: Ronin Samurai.

Quote Originally Posted by GreatKungLao View Post
    Maybe people will finally appreciate MoS and BvS if they look at all this as a single journey.
    I've always appreciated MOS, but I won't appreciate BvS any more even if I end up liking this film and its a success. Because it won't change my belief that the set up was still gone about in a wrong-headed fashion. If its good, I'll be more in a place of , "You know, in the end it turned out okay", while still saying "But they still shouldn't' have approached it the way they did in the first place".
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by Netherman14 View Post
    And Hellacre gave Zack so much crap for not having Superman (help) form the League in this reality when it was all part of his plan all along, the man is a lot more clever and smart than the majority of people unfortunately think he is.
    Pssst, spoilers.

I don't know if you can say this was all part of a master plan. Plans evolve. Star Wars (1977-1983) was a well-crafted tale, but the story kept evolving from the original script. I hope JL is good, but that line in question might be a feel-good line instead of one that is meant to be interpreted very strictly and literally. I remember having a lot of conversations back when the JL cartoon was on TV and the episode "Hereafter" aired, and people legitimately wondered if the world and the JL really "needed" Superman, and throughout the most part I think DCAU did a better job of universe crafting than the DCEU has done thus far.

But we shall see.

EDIT: I tend to be very literal, so whenever someone uses words such as "need" or "have to," I tend to question whether that's literally true.
    Last edited by DochaDocha; 11-14-2017 at 04:08 PM.

All-New Member

I'm honestly not concerned about Roven's comments about MoS2. He's the Producer and he's going to stick with the party line. Not saying he's lying (there's a good chance he's not), but he's not going to say yes it's coming until WB are ready to announce it. If the reaction to Superman in JL is as positive as early indications imply then there's a good chance it will come sooner rather than later.

Aquaman has finished filming and is now in post for a 2018 release, they're prepping Shazam! to film soon & we have a release date for WW2, both are due in 2019 (likely alongside Suicide Squad 2 but I believe that start date was pushed back due to Will Smith's schedule, not sure how accurate that is). Everything else depends on JL, I'd wager that includes the other films announced without a release date at SDCC as well. If characters do well they can be fast tracked. If they want a Superman movie in 2020 they could do it easily (they could even make 2019 at a push if they get a script they like quickly after JL)

Amazing Member

Maybe people will finally appreciate MoS and BvS if they look at all this as a single journey.

Soooooooo much this. Thinking back more and more after seeing it in the screener Monday, it's crazy, the intricate planning and such that took place. Yes, I'm sure the story evolved a bit over time as with everything but some of the main throughlines in all 3 films tell such a story. I've been talking to all of my friend who haven't seen it that Snyder really got a raw deal overall. I still think BvS could have been so much better, but some of the true themes of the film (and MoS) pay off so well. I can't wait to see it again Thursday.

To steal a Harry Truman-ism, one need not be a one-handed economist when looking back at DCEU. You can say on the one hand, you didn't like X, Y, and Z, but on the other hand, you liked A, B, and C. Sometimes it's even more jumbled, and you end up saying, "I like a decision but I also don't like that same decision."

Whatever ends up bad about Supes in JL isn't necessarily going to negate that I left watching MoS both times feeling positive, whereas whatever is good in about Supes in JL isn't necessarily going to change the fact that BvS is my personal most disappointing movie ever, surpassing the Star Wars prequels. I may have better insight into the whys behind the creative decisions, but I can't imagine a circumstance thinking the letdown of 2016 was worth it just for the payoff in 2017.

Again, we shall see.

Took me a while, I'm back Netherman14's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DochaDocha View Post
    Pssst, spoilers.

I don't know if you can say this was all part of a master plan. Plans evolve. Star Wars (1977-1983) was a well-crafted tale, but the story kept evolving from the original script. I hope JL is good, but that line in question might be a feel-good line instead of one that is meant to be interpreted very strictly and literally. I remember having a lot of conversations back when the JL cartoon was on TV and the episode "Hereafter" aired, and people legitimately wondered if the world and the JL really "needed" Superman, and throughout the most part I think DCAU did a better job of universe crafting than the DCEU has done thus far.

But we shall see.

EDIT: I tend to be very literal, so whenever someone uses words such as "need" or "have to," I tend to question whether that's literally true.
    This is a spoiler-filled thread, in case you've forgotten, if anyone accidentally spoils the movie for themselves. well, isn't that their fault?
    Pull-List:

DC: Batman: Damned, The Green Lantern. Young Justice. Wonder Twins

Boom!: Ronin Samurai.

Man of Steel 2: The Oz Effect confirmed

Now that's cool! Some people are the luckiest. Play Superman and hang out with Jurgens. Watching this pic i am wishing that DC shall release Justice League: Moustache Edition if Snyder Cut is not possible. I am sure with that moustache the film would have earned 1 billion dollars.

Quote Originally Posted by Netherman14 View Post
    This is a spoiler-filled thread, in case you've forgotten, if anyone accidentally spoils the movie for themselves. well, isn't that their fault?
    Everyone was using spoiler tags, so I figured that's just how we were going to go about this. No big deal either way, I was going to read it anyway.

Well, embargo's over. Rotten Tomatoes is trying to make an event out of this (I guess everyone makes an event out of anything these days...), but Metacritic has started posting reviews.

BANNED

Bleeding Cool's review wasn't very flattering.

Grace Randolph wasn't too impressed either.