View Poll Results: Who do you love/hate?

Voters
33. You may not vote on this poll
  • Namor- Love him

19 57.58%
  • Namor- Hate him

8 24.24%
  • Gentle- Love him

13 39.39%
  • Gentle- Hate him

11 33.33%
  • Wolverine- Love her

25 75.76%
  • Wolverine- Hate her

7 21.21%
  • Gabby- Love her

12 36.36%
  • Gabby- Hate her

13 39.39%
  • Nightcrawler- Love him

24 72.73%
  • Nightcrawler- Hate him

4 12.12%
  • Trinary- Love her

16 48.48%
  • Trinary- Hate her

7 21.21%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

I like that it's different and a mix of old and new, both on fan favorites and relative unknowns. It gives a chance to find something that isn't "us" or "them", regarding old fans and newer ones. I expect it's deliberate that Jean isn't close to anyone on the team. She's just coming back, and, for newer readers, they may only be familiar with teen Jean or references. Why not shake things up and forge new friendships or make new frenemies for her?

I also find it a good choice that neither Logan nor Cyclops is on the line-up. Jean spent far too long and too much of her development being defined by the men fighting over her. This, to me, is a positive sign.
    Last edited by Sundowhn; 11-14-2017 at 09:54 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sundowhn View Post
    I like that it's different and a mix of old and new, both on fan favorites and relative unknowns. It gives a chance to find something that isn't "us" or "them", regarding old fans and newer ones. I expect it's deliberate that Jean isn't close to anyone on the team. She's just coming back, and, for newer readers, they may only be familiar with teen Jean or references. Why not shake things up and forge new friendships or make new frenemies for her?

I also find it a good choice that neither Logan nor Cyclops is on the line-up. Jean spent far too long and too much of her development being defined by the men fighting over her. This, to me, is a positive sign.
    I don't feel like Logan affected her too much and I honestly hope he's one of the "one or two big players" that will be added to the book later (if indeed it is two and not only Rogue or Remy), but I definitely see what you mean and generally agree.

Definitely think Jean and the line overall can use some new character dynamics.

Everyone who outright hates this: just remember that we lucked out and this could have been a O5 and/or Jott book.

A few new character relationships could never be as wasted an opportunity as some other more top-of-the-mind obvious options.

In fact, "Original X-Factor 2018" would have ticked me off.

Quote Originally Posted by Calaigah View Post
    Well that failed... I hit the option for a poll and it didn't work... I tried editing but the poll option is gone...

If there's no poll, there's no use for this. :/
    Go in Thread Tools.

How can love/hate Trinary even be an option, the only thing we have on her is a single image. Maybe we should all wait and see what the book is like after a story arc or two before we rip it to shreds? Maybe? We haven’t even gotten a synopsis or mission statement of this team...

Quote Originally Posted by Muffinman View Post
    How can love/hate Trinary even be an option, the only thing we have on her is a single image. Maybe we should all wait and see what the book is like after a story arc or two before we rip it to shreds? Maybe? We haven’t even gotten a synopsis or mission statement of this team...
    They already released it.
    When one of the most dangerous X-Men villains returns to wreak havoc, Jean’s dreams of peace are threatened…and order starts to turn to chaos. It’s mutant against mutant this February in an all-new adventure that will have X-fans on the edge of their seats, as Jean Grey’s team takes on the Marvel Universe – only in X-MEN RED!
    Quote Originally Posted by Disciple of Redd View Post
    I honestly hope he's one of the "one or two big players".
    Taylor writing Logan? No, Thank you! Keep Logan away from that guy, please.
    Last edited by The_Phenom2893; 11-14-2017 at 11:42 PM.

still, we haven’t seen them together on panel yet... how can we really make a decision (especially on the character that doesn’t even exist yet since she hasn’t yet appeared anywhere before) on this team. Especially when using Love and Hate as the options

BANNED

There are too many neglected or missing characters to justify Gabbi, Gentle, and yet another new mutant.

Quote Originally Posted by Muffinman View Post
    still, we haven’t seen them together on panel yet... how can we really make a decision (especially on the character that doesn’t even exist yet since she hasn’t yet appeared anywhere before) on this team. Especially when using Love and Hate as the options
    Yeah, maybe those options are too narrow, but I'll say there's nothing wrong with positive or negativite criticism at this point. The purpose of revealing the lineup and mission statement is to try to entice/excite people for the book, and sometimes it doesn't for some people; there's no appropriate amount of time to wait to voice your excitement or disappointment.
    Last edited by Hizashi; 11-15-2017 at 05:15 AM.

It's hard to make a judgment without reading a single issue, but so far, I think the team is very promising. It has a few familiar faces like Nightcrawler, some not-so-familiar faces like Gentile, and some all new faces. With Jean Grey, the original X-woman, at the center of it all, this book has everything it needs to succeed. I have high hopes for it and I think it'll find a place for itself among the other X-books.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Was our leg being pulled about Gambit or Rogue being part of this team?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Vegan Daddy View Post
    There are too many neglected or missing characters to justify Gabbi, Gentle, and yet another new mutant.
    Gentle is one of those neglected or missing characters.

Oh, I'm sorry, I guess you mean one of those neglected or missing characters that YOU wanted to see.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    Gentle is one of those neglected or missing characters.

Oh, I'm sorry, I guess you mean one of those neglected or missing characters that YOU wanted to see.
    Gentle barely even qualifies as a character. Just another Kyle and Yost reject that some people arbitrarily latch onto.

Fantastic Member Legaldrugdealer's Avatar

I think I'm indifferent as the only one I care about is Jean.

Jean, Laura and Kurt are really the only ones I care about in this roster. Maybe if Gambit or Rogue are added I can expand that list.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Yer bonkers and you need a sandwich.

They're a random bunch and given the lack of connections any of them have to any of each other, Gabby's presence is all the more inexplicable but I do like each of them individually.