Page 405 of 695 FirstFirst ... 305355395401402403404405406407408409415455505 ... LastLast
Results 6,061 to 6,075 of 10422
    Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Lol....oh god.

So they skip Wonder Girl.

They skip Green Arrow and the Canaries.

They skip Painkiller.

They skip Amazon.

But somehow Justice U is supposed to be interesting? Come on now. We really gonna be getting Z list characters and original characters..

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    Knowing the CW, probably the first couple of names that pop up when you google 'teen dc superheroes' on Google.
    And that can fit within budget.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    And that can fit within budget.
    Yeah they don’t want to have another Firestorm situation where the budget only allowed him to transform for like a minute an episode.

“We could transform into Firestorm and be at the crisis in a second! But, it’s such a nice day, I think we’ll just walk.”

I wouldn't even mind that premise (The Boys is doing a college show for superheroes also) its just another "wrong network" situation.

And, it becomes less interesting when it's likely to be random original characters or composites of established characters under entirely different names for the fun of it.

If this is spun off of Elizabeth Banks' idea I wouldn't mind "College-Based Teen Drama Wrapped In a Superhero Show" on HBO Max. Especially, since the service has started to pivot more to teen-related shows, which have been mostly well-received.
    Currently Reading: DC v. Vampires / Batman: Urban Legends / Robin / Nightwing / Mister Miracle: The Source of Freedom

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Will this be a comedy?

Quote Originally Posted by silly View Post
    Will this be a comedy?
    Not intentionally.

Quote Originally Posted by thefinalguy View Post
    I wouldn't even mind that premise (The Boys is doing a college show for superheroes also) its just another "wrong network" situation.

And, it becomes less interesting when it's likely to be random original characters or composites of established characters under entirely different names for the fun of it.

If this is spun off of Elizabeth Banks' idea I wouldn't mind "College-Based Teen Drama Wrapped In a Superhero Show" on HBO Max. Especially, since the service has started to pivot more to teen-related shows, which have been mostly well-received.
    I'm expecting this will at least be a more traditional Superhero show...at least in some respects.

The CW needs to be bought ASAP. They can't keep getting away with this lol. Warner needs to be forced to put these programs on HBO Max and put up a budget for them. If that ends up with less DC shows but makes them higher quality, then that's a good trade off

Quote Originally Posted by The Kid View Post
    The CW needs to be bought ASAP. They can't keep getting away with this lol. Warner needs to be forced to put these programs on HBO Max and put up a budget for them. If that ends up with less DC shows but makes them higher quality, then that's a good trade off
    Admittedly, while skeptical, I'm willing to at least see what the cast and execution look like. More out of fan loyalty to John Diggle than anything else.

Astonishing Member

I’m assuming at this stage that the GL show is DOA?

Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post
    A CW Diggle GL show? Definitely not happening. HBO Max show is still slated to start soon however.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post
    I don't think it's dead yet but we haven't heard anything new either. So production hell until we learn more.

Why they are letting the same people who handled the failed Reynolds movie helm the GL show is beyond me. Johns is the worst person to be in charge of any adaptation sans Star Girl.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    I don't think it's dead yet but we haven't heard anything new either. So production hell until we learn more.

Why they are letting the same people who handled the failed Reynolds movie helm the GL show is beyond me. Johns is the worst person to be in charge of any adaptation sans Star Girl.
    He did revive GL and was very popular. It makes sense he'd be part of it.

But I think they've been allowed to take their time. They've cast roles so its definitely underway....just very slowly...but its also has the man who single handedly destroyed Black Canary so....

I think it's weird that they've been so mum on news and I think the last casting we had was for Sinestro (or was it Alan?) when they haven't heard anything about filming date, teasers, or who is even playing Jessica and Simon, but I feel like we would've heard by now if it'd been officially scuttled.

GL is probably the most ambitious show they're doing right now, so maybe they are taking their time to get it right.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Kid View Post
    Not going to happen. The CW is probably the best source to introduce DC characters without a paywall.

The CW allows you to reach a larger audience without doing too much spending.

You have to remember advertising revenue. How much ad time can you charge with say Arrowverse versus say what Jane the Virgin and America's Top Model got you? I would assume the DC stuff gets s higher amount versus the other CW shows that at one time a million could get you ad time on 2-3 CW nights with 4 showings. While that same amount could get 2 showing on Fox's animation domination shows.

Now you can film those shows for HBO Max and then show them on the CW. However how much censoring and editing would you have to do?