Page 28 of 75 FirstFirst ... 1824252627282930313238 ... LastLast

Thread: MLB 2021 Season

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    Yea kind of crazy. Here is his full post translated.

Translation from his latest Instagram post: I'm never going to give up. I was in the minors for 10 years and have always understood that it's a large process but my talent and what I've showed speak for itself. With great humility, I'm speaking from my heart, my dream is to be an established MLB player, and I've always asked God to give me the opportunity he gave me 3 months ago. i owe my family, organization, and fans an apology. New mindset, if I've failed in anything, baseball runs in my blood. There's a lot left in me, thank you God for guiding me the right way and helping me make the right decision. Whoever is struggling, have faith in God and forget the critics because they'll always be there.
    Real translation: I had a fucking hissy fit.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathstroke View Post
    Real translation: I had a fucking hissy fit.
    Yep Boo Hoo I got sent down after not doing well. Poor me.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Extraordinary Member

Rays scored big time by getting Nelson Cruz for basically nothing. He's going to give them the pop they need.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Got an alert from Bleacher Report saying the Cleveland Indians are now the Guardians. I wonder if Groot will be the mascot?
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Got an alert from Bleacher Report saying the Cleveland Indians are now the Guardians. I wonder if Groot will be the mascot?
    Yep, very weird. Does in fact seem like they're trying an add-on to the Mouse. Maybe they should get a cybernetic racoon as a mascot? I feel for the poor Indians fans though, they'll now be the laughingstock of the league. Well, even more than before.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Guardian refers to a Cleveland area landmark, The Hope Memorial Bridge with a sculpted guardian on it giving it the nickname Guardian Bridge in some circles).

Here's a pic of the bridge...

it's more relevant and appropriate to the team than Kraken is to a Seattle based team for certain...

-M
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

The new logo incorporates the Guardian's statute ...

"Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    The new logo incorporates the Guardian's statute ...

Pretty cool!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by MRP View Post
    Guardian refers to a Cleveland area landmark, The Hope Memorial Bridge with a sculpted guardian on it giving it the nickname Guardian Bridge in some circles).

Here's a pic of the bridge...

it's more relevant and appropriate to the team than Kraken is to a Seattle based team for certain...

-M
    It still sounds like they should be playing in Gotham City.

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    It still sounds like they should be playing in Gotham City.
    Well Siegel and Shuster were from Cleveland, so maybe the Metropolis Guardians?

-M
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Ultimate Member

That new logo looks to me like a AAA logo...

Maybe they'll change the name of their ballpark from Progressive Field to The Galaxy.

Stay Classy Cleveland fans. Pitcher Nick Wittgren and his family got death threats after his bad outing the other night. Article Link.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Atlanta's offense was putrid in Philly last night, managing only three field goals in a 15-3 win.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Deathstroke View Post
    Stay Classy Cleveland fans. Pitcher Nick Wittgren and his family got death threats after his bad outing the other night. Article Link.
    I'm getting really tired of this sort of thing. There is pretty much nothing in the ordinary course of baseball business on field that should move anyone to ever do something like that. Blowing a game, hey, it happens. It does not make the poor guy a bad guy, just a pitcher who hit a bad patch.

On another unfortunate topic, evidently few if any of the Dodgers' players even want to talk about Bauer, and pretty much none of them want him back under any circumstances. Ordinarily, I might say something like "wait for all the evidence to come in", but hey, Bauer only denied intent, not that it happened. In point of fact, he confirmed it did, only claiming she asked for it. Sigh. I'm with the Dodgers' players on this one I'm afraid. Baseball...IMO should be a refuge from the nastier aspects of reality; it doesn't need to reinforce it. His admitted behavior IMO is enough to disqualify him from playing. He does not seem to be a player in the Dodger model, and he shouldn't come back.