Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post
    Well, I for one am overjoyed that reality has been recognized with the embassy move and I don’t give a damn about the death of terrorists sent by Hamas to storm the border in attempt to kill Jews. The fact that so many people have bought into this propaganda that Israel is somehow the aggressor really gives you an idea of how the Nazis rose to power. Very troubling, but today was ultimately a good day for good in the world.
    [/IMG]
    it's definitely the beginning of that end times prophecy Christians salivate over.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post
    Well, I for one am overjoyed that reality has been recognized with the embassy move and I don’t give a damn about the death of terrorists sent by Hamas to storm the border in attempt to kill Jews. The fact that so many people have bought into this propaganda that Israel is somehow the aggressor really gives you an idea of how the Nazis rose to power. Very troubling, but today was ultimately a good day for good in the world.

Wow. This statement is something the Two Heroes you are using would not agree with. But Hey! What do I know.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tazirai View Post
    Israeli Deaths and Casualties = 0

Yet "HAMAS" ramped up the People?

Please.

Someone invades your house, you're not allowed to protest or defend that? Liberals need to stop blaming HAMAS for everything. Just like we need to stop blaming Russia for everything. Religion to me as an Atheist doesn't help, and much of the troubles in the Middle East have to do with some morons wanting Armageddon to happen in Megiddo. That's why American Evangelicals LOVE Israel.

It's also why Democrats don't grow a spine and condemn Israel.
    Sadly, that's not going to change because even mild opposition or condemnation of Israel is political suicide, and everyone, both Democrats AND Republicans know it.

====================

‘DADDY’S LITTLE GHOUL’: New York Daily News Rips Ivanka Trump Over Embassy Opening

The tabloid said the first daughter was “all smiles” as protesters died in Gaza. Can't say I'm surprised. Just like daddy, empathy is not in Ms. Complicit's vocabulary. Meanwhile....

Ivanka And Jared’s Jerusalem Visit Slammed On Twitter

Colbert Savages ‘Peace-Treaty Barbie And Collusion Ken’ Over Embassy Opening

Donald Trump Lashes Out At ‘So-Called Leaks,’ And Twitter Users Pounce

As one paraphrased Trump, “the food here is awful and the portions are too small.” The foolishness that comes out of the White House is hilarious, and disturbing.

Fox News Judicial Analyst Defends Timeline Of Mueller’s Probe

“Bob Mueller has no duty to tip his hand and show his cards until the end of his investigation,” Andrew Napolitano said. I'm sure Faux News watchers weren't too pleased with a commentator NOT toeing the anti-Mueller party line.

South Dakota Congressional Candidate Said Terrorist Attack Would Help Him Win Primary

State Sen. Neal Tapio was the state director for Donald Trump’s 2016 campaign. Oh, WBEEEEEEEE....!

Not An Onion Story: Blake Farenthold Gets A New Job Lobbying Congress

It’s only been a month since he quit his House seat amid an ethics committee probe into sexual harassment allegations. Just when you thought you've heard the last of Fatty Arbuckle. I suspect a goodly number of scumbag Republicans (like PA Senator Pat Toomey) will go this route after leaving politics.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

On this date in 2015, 2016, as well as 2017, “Crazy/Stupid Republican of the Day published profiles of South Dakota State Senator Phil Jensen, a man who drew national headlines back in March of 2013 for producing legislation that would allow businesses to discriminate against whoever they want, Civil Rights Act be damned. Jensen actually tried claiming that if a bakery owned by the KKK tried discriminating against an African American, that the matter would take care of itself, because customers would be too offended to patronize such a place. This logic, of course then fails to understand everything about the Jim Crow era South. Anyway, South Dakota Republicans threw Jensen under the bus for his remarks, but have never said anything about other extreme legislation he's produced or supported, including drug testing welfare recipients, an unnecessary ban on Sharia Law in the United States, an attempt to criminalize abortions as "attacks on a fetus", co-sponsoring “religious freedom” legislation to allow people to discriminate against LGBT citizens, and Jensen’s sponsorship of transphobic legislation including not just a ban on transgendered citizens using public bathrooms, but also to forbid transgendered athletes from participating in high school sports. (Because that just reeks of a “party of smaller government”, right?)

While the South Dakota GOP spent two years aghast and trying to do damage control over Phil Jensen’s remarks about the Klan, in 2016, he survived Jacqueline Sly, a primary challenger and he still won re-election comfortably in Rapid City over Democrat Haven Stuck with 61% of the vote.

Has he dialed back the extremism since we last checked in? Hell no, he hasn’t! Phil Jensen has continued his attacks upon this LGBT community, but apparently isn’t content to only do so as a legislator. At a town hall in February of 2017, as David Hubbard, from the Human Rights campaign asked “Who will protect the people of South Dakota from discrimination?”, Jensen’s response drew groans from the audience for its sheer bigotry:

Now, equating a transgendered person to a “known pedophile” did not go over, especially because there was a transgendered man in attendance who HAD adopted a child, and lambasted Jensen for believing a child should not find a loving family to care for them.

So far in 2018, Phil Jensen has swapped out his focus on homophobia to instead, move back to transphobia again, as he sponsored legislation to try and force businesses with public restrooms to place signs to warn users that “someone of the opposite gender may be inside, because that’s a “smaller government” thing to do. Just like the other bill Jensen sponsored, where he tried to place a ban on public school teachers from being able to teach anything about gender identity in classrooms.

In about three weeks, Phil Jensen will hopefully be sent packing in the GOP Primary for his seat representing District 33 of the South Dakota State Senate by his challenger, Amanda Scott, and we’re really pulling for Democrat Ryan Ryder to upset either in the general election in November. At the very least, we’d hope that a bigot like Jensen would see his career come to a crashing halt.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post

Not An Onion Story: Blake Farenthold Gets A New Job Lobbying Congress

It’s only been a month since he quit his House seat amid an ethics committee probe into sexual harassment allegations. Just when you thought you've heard the last of Fatty Arbuckle. I suspect a goodly number of scumbag Republicans (like PA Senator Pat Toomey) will go this route after leaving politics.
    Until Democrats are going to be willing to sacrifice having this same out for themselves, this kind of guy is going to be able to get this kind of a job.

I, for one, wish Melania a speedy recovery from her kidney surgery, and also hope she also recovers from of the chronic pain in the ass that she's married to.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Until Democrats are going to be willing to sacrifice having this same out for themselves, this kind of guy is going to be able to get this kind of a job.
    Anyone who wants to argue the point can review Anthony Weiner's Wikipedia page.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

White House can't stop controversy over staffer's John McCain comment

The White House hoped Monday to put to rest a five-day controversy over a crass remark about Sen. John McCain. But the matter seemed poised to continue festering as the staffer in question, Kelly Sadler, declined to offer a public apology for saying the Arizona Republican is "dying anyway."

Instead, deputy press secretary Raj Shah said Sadler's remark -- made last week during an internal staff meeting -- had been "dealt with internally" and wouldn't comment further.

Over the weekend, a number of Republican lawmakers and officials expressed puzzlement at how the White House could allow Sadler's remark to go without a public apology.
    And THAT, boys and girls, is why this story continues on and on. Everyone knows the ONLY thing that can put this mess to bed is a public mea culpa. Until that happens, nothing will change. Meanwhile....

Conway: Heads will roll after latest White House leak

White House counselor Kellyanne Conway said Monday she expects to see a staff shakeup in the wake of the furor over leaked comments made during an internal meeting last week.

"I had several discussions with the president on this very topic today," Conway said on Fox News.

Asked by "The Story's" Martha MacCallum if she expects personnel changes as a result, Conway said "I do, actually. Yes, I do."

Conway's warning came hours after President Trump condemned White House leakers as "traitors and cowards," and vowed to discover the source of the problem.
    So, everyone in the White House is outraged over the leak, but NOT the disgusting comment about Senator McCain that spurred the leak in the first place. Yet another reason this story won't die.

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    White House can't stop controversy over staffer's John McCain comment

And THAT, boys and girls, is why this story continues on and on. Everyone knows the ONLY thing that can put this mess to bed is a public mea culpa. Until that happens, nothing will change. Meanwhile....

Conway: Heads will roll after latest White House leak

So, everyone in the White House is outraged over the leak, but NOT the disgusting comment about Senator McCain that spurred the leak in the first place. Yet another reason this story won't die.
    Exactly. I was watching CBS This Morning and they were pointing it out as well. Also, I believe Gail pointed out that at this point, the apology wouldn't seem sincere since it took so long to force it out.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Hamas continues to get the PR it wants at the cost of Palestinian lives.

As far as the WH apology, the media continuing with the story after it is clear the WH is not apologizing (Sadler did) will only hurt the media's perception. We have bigger issues.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post

As far as the WH apology, the media continuing with the story after it is clear the WH is not apologizing (Sadler did) will only hurt the media's perception. We have bigger issues.
    You know, the Palestinian people have it hard enough without folks trotting out the Hamas excuse to deny them their own agency every time Israel shoots a bunch of protestors.

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post

The hell we do. We're talking about a horrible insult of not just a decorated war hero his displayed a hundred times more courage than Trump will ever know, but someone fighting cancer to boot. Having lost a loved one (my mother) to that disease, for Senator McCain to have been heartlessly disparaged like he had been by that miserable bitch angers me no end. This is a matter of basic human decency that been trampled by this White House, and it can't be allowed to be swept under the rug because we have so-called "bigger issues".

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    You know, the Palestinian people have it hard enough without folks trotting out the Hamas excuse to deny them their own agency every time Israel shoots a bunch of protestors.
    In general I find it's those that find an excuse for every act of violence they commit who deny the Palestinians agency. It's always 'well, what did you expect?' for every rocket, suicide bombing, stabbing, car ramming, ect. Like it's human nature to go on a murder spree in response to a Jew being on the Temple Mount. Hamas can't stop diverting humanitarian aid to its war machine because ;'what do you expect.' Abbas can't stop paying salaries to murderers because 'what do you expect.'

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    Not an excuse at all and ridiculous for you to even use that word. Hamas is clearly using the embassy as cover for attacks and are talking up the "martyrs" and using their deaths already.

https://twitter.com/BostonGlobe/stat...96286210068480
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

https://thinkprogress.org/pennsylvan...-fb297d0719c6/

"We don't talk about those things." Well, yeah, that's kind of the problem.