Page 172 of 216 FirstFirst ... 72122162168169170171172173174175176182 ... LastLast
Results 2,566 to 2,580 of 3234

Quote Originally Posted by GrandEleven View Post
    Well if we go off the marverl.com article (which should be more official than others), we get this little quote:

https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...er-with-thor-1
    An article that knows so much about Thor they don’t even know what happened to the golden arm.
    Last edited by JKtheMac; 10-05-2019 at 01:10 AM.
    “And I urge you to please notice when you are happy, and exclaim or murmur or think at some point, 'If this isn't nice, I don't know what is.” ― Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by kilderkin View Post
    Reminds me of kilraven for some reason
    Yes, I get that kind of vibe. There is a slightly dated aspect to the overall look. These things usually develop over a few issues though.
    “And I urge you to please notice when you are happy, and exclaim or murmur or think at some point, 'If this isn't nice, I don't know what is.” ― Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by GodThor View Post
    he respects and likes Aaron even more.
    This is one thing that worries me, Cates is a massive fanboy of Aaron, he literally calls him his idol and the man responsible for inspiring him to get into writing comics... He might try to follow up on what Aaron has been doing and i don't really wanna see any more of that. On top of that i will add while Cates writing is very enjoyable it can get ridiculously inconsistent in terms of writing powerful characters, which i hope doesn't happen here and he can portray Thor fairly.

The new look is SO bad
    I usually like Cates, but I don't know how anyone could have approved that new design.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    The new look is SO bad
    I usually like Cates, but I don't know how anyone could have approved that new design.
    It feels very seventies to me

I really don't like the head gear or sash effect, nor the spikes, the actual Thor look, hair etc is good and I like the darker blue and red accent on the boots

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by kilderkin View Post
    It feels very seventies to me

I really don't like the head gear or sash effect, nor the spikes, the actual Thor look, hair etc is good and I like the darker blue and red accent on the boots

As for Cates, I haven't read his ghost rider stuff, but I thought thanos wins was terrible fan fic like, his spiderverse stuff I haven't read but heard it was well received

His love of Aaron bothers me a lot in regards Thor, but I'll give it a shot for sure, likely I'll wait for a complete arc before diving in unless I see some good reviews from my favoured reviewers

Helmet makes it a lot better.

Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post

Totally disagree, seems definitely unrelated to the rest,
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

so what is going on now?

What hammer does Thor have now? Is it a new hammer?

Is Thor's organic arm returned? does he still have an uru arm? Is he still blind in one eye?

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    so what is going on now?

What hammer does Thor have now? Is it a new hammer?

Is Thor's organic arm returned? does he still have an uru arm? Is he still blind in one eye?
    It's a newly re-formed hammer from the sun from War of The Realms. We will learn about his arm and eye in Thor #1 in 2020

Fantastic Member TrooperCameron's Avatar

I think new look is very cool. Like someone said earlier he looks more like a superhero instead of a flying viking

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Here's some better images from Thor #1 by Donny Cates

Thor one shotting fools like a gods damned G.

Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post

Agreed. But it obscures the runes on his face, so given those seem plot relevant that's probably why they didn't keep the helmet.
    Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    Here's some better images from Thor #1 by Donny Cates

Thor one shotting fools like a gods damned G.

Yeah, I'm ready for an end to the All-Father Thor look.

Cates is definitely acknowledging Thor as a powerhouse. If this were an actual issue of Avengers, Thor would be the first hero that monster knocked away.

Can we get him off the team now? Assuming Aaron is still writing it while Cates is doing his stuff.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Cates is a great choice. Hopefully he just makes this weird as hell.

I like Aaron a lot but his Thor didnt do it for me. It COULD be that I just dont care about Thor much...but I dont know.

Fantastic Member

I love the new look

What’s wrong with a fresh costume for awhile?