Page 587 of 626 FirstFirst ... 87487537577583584585586587588589590591597 ... LastLast
Results 8,791 to 8,805 of 9381
    Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    I doubt Marvel would let this get away. I only ever saw a 3-way on DC comics with minor character ever since forgotten.

This would be a pile of crap if happened. That would definately seal the deal that Hickman shouldn't write Jean
    I think what Marvel and Hickman will do is just have Jean and Cyclops be romantic with both Wolverine and Emma, respictively, and not have much drama come from it. I don't think we will actually see the 3 or 4 of them go on dates together or anything like that.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    I think what Marvel and Hickman will do is just have Jean and Cyclops be romantic with both Wolverine and Emma, respictively, and not have much drama come from it. I don't think we will actually see the 3 or 4 of them go on dates together or anything like that.
    No drama? Marvel is known for drama.

They screwed up Jean for drama, just for do it wihtout drama now? LOL completely unbelievable.

Specially seeing how DoX hype is dying so early, drama is right to happen.

This gonna be some of the dumbest stuff ever done

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

They're never going to canonize a bunch of their most popular characters being in a polyamorous relationship. At most, there are going to be a bunch of vague hints at maybes and minor flirtation.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    They're never going to canonize a bunch of their most popular characters being in a polyamorous relationship. At most, there are going to be a bunch of vague hints at maybes and minor flirtation.
    Do it or don't do it. I said on other thread how much of the storytelling is *wink wink* while almost nothing happens.

This look like something to attract Headlines, while delivering nothing and screwing up the characters

BANNED

Do it or don't do it. I said on other thread how much of the storytelling is *wink wink* while almost nothing happens.

This look like something to attract Headlines, while delivering nothing and screwing up the characters
    Because Jean and Scott don’t age and die, basically they live as long as Marcel/Disney wants. Who is going to have sex with the same person for all eternity?

I’m glad Jean has gotten done this year from Bishop and Logan. At one point they acted as if Scott had the magic stick!

I doubt Marvel would let this get away. I only ever saw a 3-way on DC comics with minor character ever since forgotten.

This would be a pile of crap if happened. That would definately seal the deal that Hickman shouldn't write Jean
    I defintely dont want it but Im preparing myself so its not a shock if its revealed

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    I dont know. There was a time people thought Marvel would never canonize Iceman being gay and then they did. Times are different and Marvel is alot more liberal about this type of stuff than they traditionally were
    Last edited by Havok83; 11-28-2019 at 10:07 AM.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I defintely dont want it but Im preparing myself so its not a shock if its revealed
    I don't like that either but you're right. It is better to be prepared and accept it if it happens. I think it only highlights the reasons some people dislike certain characters or relationships but there is nothing to I can do.

I'm a bit late but X-force has been so cool. It shows that even with little panel time Jean can contribute to the team and she still has a consistent and cool voice.
    Hickman just didn't get her voice as good as Percy or Taylor

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    i'm trying to prepare myself, but if happens I still think I'm gonna be pissed. I can't help

I dont know. There was a time people thought Marvel would never canonize Iceman being gay and then they did. Times are different and Marvel is alot more liberal about this type of stuff than they traditionally were
    iceman was on movies, but he is hardly a well popular character. Me and my friends on school talked about Logan, Cyclops, Jean Grey, Nightcrawler, mystique, Sabertooth, storm. All without reading comics.
    he being gay doesn't change a lot, the character finally had a coming of (late) age and something going for him.Only some fanboys that from nowhere became #1 fans of Bobby

Now 3 of the most popular characters on a poly is completely different than simply outing a character that isn't ingrained into popular imaginary. Marvel completely open the doors to some story telling that breaks the Marvel way.

i think the worse of all this teasing is folks thinking that Logan and Scott gonna happen, and all saying that Jean is a beard. Lots of misoginy display
    Last edited by spirit2011; 11-28-2019 at 10:34 AM.

he being gay doesn't change a lot, the chaarcter finally had a coming of (late) age and something going for him.Only some fanboys that from nowhere became #1 fans of Bobby
    It is funny because, nobody seemed particulary invested on Iceman's previous relationships. They were just kind of there and suddenly everybody had a problem with a change that actually added some deep to the character without losing anything.
    people are weird sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    Because Jean and Scott don’t age and die, basically they live as long as Marcel/Disney wants. Who is going to have sex with the same person for all eternity?

I’m glad Jean has gotten done this year from Bishop and Logan. At one point they acted as if Scott had the magic stick!
    I would have liked Bishop better if they simply made it withou a Au and didn't forgot 5 secs later.

Logan still didn't happened yet

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    It is funny because, nobody seemed particulary invested on Iceman's previous relationships. They were just kind of there and suddenly everybody had a problem with a change that actually added some deep to the character without losing anything.
    people are weird sometimes.
    Well they never went anywhere and were always bland, never added anything to his character development.
    This happen all the time a non-popular character is changed, suddenly everyone feel offended by the change.
    I'm gonna add that I don't think this was easy to get through, Bendis probably fought some.
    It's been on the know that Marvel axed many coming outs recently, even from minor characters.
    Last edited by spirit2011; 11-28-2019 at 10:41 AM.

As long as Scott/Logan isn't shown or hinted at significantly, I don't think Marvel will mind the polyamory/open relationship. Jean getting it on with both Scott and Logan(and Scott with Jean and Emma I guess) is not that outrageous.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    As long as Scott/Logan isn't shown or hinted at significantly, I don't think Marvel will mind the polyamory/open relationship. Jean getting it on with both Scott and Logan(and Scott with Jean and Emma I guess) is not that outrageous.
    what? so marvel would be more worried about characters sexuality then polyamori? That would be more hipocritical than the average corporations.
    But if that was the case we would see it, it is too groundbreaking for story telling. It owuld make people don't care or invest on relationships

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Here's the thing: canonizing it damages all characters involved. Once it's made canon, something like this would be difficult to take back; say after Hickman is done the next writer doesn't want to deal with the polyamory, he just wants to write Scott and Jean together as a married couple or Logan with Mariko or Emma with Sean or someone else, or any of these characters together exclusively with one another. You can easily say that they just stopped with an open relationship but that won't be satisfying, and it isn't how polyamory works. So if Marvel is going to hint at it, it's best if they just keep it as that... hints. It's different than Iceman coming out because that didn't intrinsically change the character from being who he is and because it made no real difference in regards to his major love interests - of which he's not really had any.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

It's been on the know that Marvel axed many coming outs recently, even from minor characters.
    I didn't hear about this, what coming outs were axed?