Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Incredible Member

For the next game go for multiple consoles.

I am purely only a Nintendo gamer, so Switch also please.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ngroove View Post
    For the next game go for multiple consoles.

I am purely only a Nintendo gamer, so Switch also please.
    Sony owns Insomniac Games outright. Insomniac is a game studio that is a first party developer for titles exclusive to Sony only.

So no, the next Spider-Man games will be Playstation exclusives, presumably PS5.

Likewise, I can imagine even if Sony Interactive Entertainment (i.e. the branch of Sony that owns and runs Playstation and all console exclusives) collapses or goes bust so that it's parent company decides to junk it...even if that unlikely scenario were to happen in the immediate future, there probably will be a clause somewhere that says, "Nintendo does not get our games until after the heat-death of the universe."

Sony HATES Nintendo, after all the Playstation exists because Nintendo stabbed them in the back, publicly humiliated them, and that drove Sony to get in the console business solely to spite them.

Quote Originally Posted by Hybrid View Post
    Going with the idea of "hinting at a larger universe" from the rumor, which non-Spidey characters would you not mind seeing?

Personally, as a throwback to Ultimate Spider-Man, I wouldn't mind having races against the Human Torch as a minigame. Plus, it'd be nice to show his closeness to the Fantastic Four, as opposed to the Avengers, as the FF was the team he was more closely associated with for his history.
    I want Spider-Man to fight the Juggernaut as a boss fight that takes place across the map, recreating the actual route that Juggs took in the classic issue, moving from Battery Park Downtown all the way to midtown.

And I guess, Spider-Man versus Doctor Doom might be cool.

In the case of Human Torch, I think adapting an entire DLC centered on Slott's mini would be cool, where you can alternatively shift from playing as Peter to playing as Torch and so on.

Incredible Member

From a gameplay perspective :

My wish is that they tone down the use of gadgets. I was fine with the web bombs, the trip wires and even the electric webbing, but suspension matrixes and concussion bombs were too Iron Man-ny for me. Keep the suit mods though, they don't take away the experience.

Also, with the advancements they have made in terms of free roaming and agility, I would like more acrobatic animations and innovative traversal options(like a Web catapult).

No more arbitrary stealth missions (Miles and MJ). They were fine the first time from the narrative perspective, but have no replay value which harms repeat experiences.

The ability to switch from Miles and Peter.

From a story perspective:

Obviously, the Goblin and Venom threads have to be played out. I'd also like MJ to ditch the journalism and go for activism instead, that seems to suit her character more.

I would not use the symbiotes yet, the Harry plot line should be resolved without Venom, the game could end with Parker getting a new black suit, setting the cliffhanger for the third. They could present us Eddie in this game.

Norman is the main and final antagonist as the Green Goblin.

New villains like Mysterio, Lizzard ect.. loved the idea of Juggernaut, dont mind cameos from other superheroes but not avengers please, other new york heroes can appear, i hope the Baxter building is now included.

The Supervillains should be space out in the game, dont reserve all of them for the final arc.

A subplot with IMA could work maybe DLC, the give otto the resources after all.

No stealh missions please, but minor arcs are welcomed, Tombstone and Taskmaster were perfect.

BANNED

I am in a minority for liking the stealth missions. Not all of them, mind you, because some of them aren't very good. But I love the Tombstone Garage one, the Grand Central mission where MJ sneaks around and siccs Spider-Man on goons and so on, as well as the Osborn penthouse scene, and the one where Miles sneaks to avoid Rhino.

Those sequences really convey the sense of being a civilian in the Spider-Man world and the difference between average people and super-heroes. No superhero game before Insomniac really tackled or conveyed that. I mean aside from parts where they basically remove the powers and gear (like the start of Arkham City where Bruce Wayne is inserted into Arkham City) which is a cheat.

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    I am in a minority for liking the stealth missions. Not all of them, mind you, because some of them aren't very good. But I love the Tombstone Garage one, the Grand Central mission where MJ sneaks around and siccs Spider-Man on goons and so on, as well as the Osborn penthouse scene, and the one where Miles sneaks to avoid Rhino.

Those sequences really convey the sense of being a civilian in the Spider-Man world and the difference between average people and super-heroes. No superhero game before Insomniac really tackled or conveyed that. I mean aside from parts where they basically remove the powers and gear (like the start of Arkham City where Bruce Wayne is inserted into Arkham City) which is a cheat.
    That is definitely part of the reason Insomniac included those sequences to begin with.

They could definitely expand upon the stealth concept with Miles if they wanted. His power set is perfect for stealth and his inexperience would require him to sneak around rather than taking everything head on like a Peter would.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post

I like them too. The one where you're MJ directing Peter across the bank heist was really well done.

World's Greatest Hero blackspidey2099's Avatar

I trust Insomniac with coming up with a great story, but in terms of gameplay there are a couple things that come to mind.

- The first one is that they need to remove the artificial swinging speed cap. Hopefully the extra power of the PS5 will help with that, but it was always kinda annoying to dive down from a really high skyscraper and not get nearly the amount of speed you'd expect.
    - Secondly, they need more varied gadgets. Except for the drone, pretty much all of them did basically the exact same things with a different coat of paint. Peter has a ton of gadgets in the comics, so there's no shortage of inspiration. I'd also like a better gadget usage system akin to the gadget quickfires in the Arkham game - it really breaks the immersion when you need to pause the game and bring up a wagon wheel every time you want to switch gadgets.
    - Third, the civilian stealth sections can stay IMO, but I really hope they revamp and improve them a little bit. I think the last Miles and MJ sections (the Rhino one and the station one) were both good, so if they stick in that vein, I'll be happy.
    - Fourth might be a bit too ambitious, but I'd love if there were more buildings you could actually go inside during open world segments, kinda like how it was shown in the original E3 trailer for the game. If that's too ambitious, even the way Arkham games handle it would be cool. It's great having a big open world, but I'd also love a deeper open world if possible.
    - Finally, people in the thread brought up this rumor, but I'd love a more advanced random crime generator for the free roam and post-story sections of the game. It would be icing on the cake if they also added a random supervillain boss spawner (these could be villains who aren't necessarily part of the story, but just show up every once in a while to cause mayhem - more minor villains like The Fly, or Boomerang, or like Stilt Man who are never gonna be a major villain in a game, but can add some fun and variety to the open world).
    "Anyone can win a fight when the odds are easy! It's when the going's tough - when there seems to be no chance - that's when it counts!" - Spider-Man

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hybrid View Post
    Anyways, there's a leak making waves that I found by Google. For those interested:

https://www.reddit.com/r/GamingLeaks...s_spiderman_2/
    The games open world Manhattan area will be a built off the first game. Expanded with the added renditions of a few boroughs like Queens and Brooklyn. Also, the game will take course over a portion of the winter time.
    Yes, winter gear...

God of War esque romance scenes

*mashes X button*
    ♪ღ♪*•.¸¸¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪ღ♪¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪ღ♪•*

♪ღ♪░NORAH░WINTERS░FOR░SPIDER-WAIFU░♪ღ♪

*•♪ღ♪*•.¸¸¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪ღ♪•«

It'll be interesting to see what villains they used. Obviously, the big weight villains still have potential with Green Goblin and Venom, but in terms of the lesser villains, they used a good chunk of the interesting villains already.

In terms of gameplay, I'd like to see less gadgets to be honest. I actually think it'd be cool if they went for more web based combat. I really like how Shattered Dimensions handled 616 Spider-Man's combat.

Amazing Member

More deep battle system and web swimming. In style "Easy to learn, hard to master". More interesting city events and side quests. More harder stealth and interesting enemies. More boss battles, with interesting staging. Real time system. More, not only suits, bur also skins of Spider heroes (well, if we gonna have playable Miles, we could get also skins of Ghost-Spider, Silk and Doppelgänger. Plus< Uncharted series have this feature with other characters). And strong Black Suit story adaptation, without any Emo Peter.
    P.S.: And What If mode.

... how much room for innovation/ground-breaking will there be without an all-new console(s) to build for?
    it might be best to create an all new storyline that doesn't depend on deep knowledge of the previous game.

Quote Originally Posted by manymade1 View Post
    It'll be interesting to see what villains they used. Obviously, the big weight villains still have potential with Green Goblin and Venom, but in terms of the lesser villains, they used a good chunk of the interesting villains already.

In terms of gameplay, I'd like to see less gadgets to be honest. I actually think it'd be cool if they went for more web based combat. I really like how Shattered Dimensions handled 616 Spider-Man's combat.
    I assume any villain they namedropped in the first game has a good chance of appearing.