View Poll Results: Do you love him?

Voters
274. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hell yes!

218 79.56%
  • Absolutely!

106 38.69%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 580 of 619 FirstFirst ... 80480530570576577578579580581582583584590 ... LastLast
Results 8,686 to 8,700 of 9276

There are many people who have never read a comic that hates Cyclops for movies. And it is not difficult to understand why. His only narrative function is to be the guy who stands between Logan and Jean.

And Jean's only narrative function is to be Logan's "prize" that dies for him to suffer manpain.

Although he has an army of haters, that does not prevent him from easily remaining one of the three most popular mutants in the franchise.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ermac View Post
    I'll tell you guys something... I am really sick of how JDW talks about "Cyclops fans".

I count myself among those who dislikes how the character was treated since the Schism, specially after AvsX when every issue we had at least one line of Cyke-bashing. What annoyed me the most was because it was extremely out-of-character having Storm or Iceman condemning him while working with Wolverine or Tony Stark. (Remember when Storm was supposed to be the edgy leader? Claremont, anyone?)

Also, I really appreciate the character arc he went since Messiah Complex to become leader of the mutant race when nobody stepped up. He didn't ask for it but became a good leader in Utopia and saved the mutant race from exctintion. He went too heavy on AvsX, of course, but guess what... it worked and mutantkind was back! It simply doesn't make sense to have child-killer Wolverine condemning him for having x-kids fight

If I wasn't convinced that he was a villain (not more than Wolverine or Cap America or Tony Stark) it was because the writers were not competent enough. It felt like they were trying to shove down my throat that he was NEW MAGNETO when he cleary was not. There simply wasn't good in-story reasons for that claim.

Now after all of that, we have Xavier and Magneto on Krakoa being 100% more extreme than Cyke ever was and nobody questions if they are villains or whatever. Just another sign that it never made sense to have a whole decade of Cyclops-bashing.

Having said that, not buying that stuff makes me a "fanatic fanboy" in JDW eyes? That hurts my feelings and makes me not wanna consume Marvel stuff anymore.
    Like I said many times- the only way the obsession in saying and trying to force readers to buy that Cyclops was wrong and evil for the better part of a decade only makes sense if someone high up the foodchain at Marvel took it personally when most fans begun to say, online and in conventions, that Cyclops was right in AvX and held a grudge. There is no other explanation that makes sense.

BANNED

The relationship between JDW and Cyclops' fans is complicated, to say the least.

Guys, you don't understand. Cyclops was wrong because he founded a mutant nation in a island and X-Force.

It is completely different from now, where mutants live in a nation in a island with X-Force.

The reality is that JDW has never been able to articulate what Cyclops did wrong because he dares not say so.

Because if he says so, I'm sure you can argue against what he says. And he doesn't want to start an argument that he knows he will lose. So he keeps it vague and repeats it again and again waiting to win out of boredom.

It is very childish and it is best to ignore him and don't waste our time.
    Last edited by Glio; 11-02-2019 at 09:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    There are many people who have never read a comic that hates Cyclops for movies. And it is not difficult to understand why. His only narrative function is to be the guy who stands between Logan and Jean.

And Jean's only narrative function is to be Logan's "prize" that dies for him to suffer manpain.

Although he has an army of haters, that does not prevent him from easily remaining one of the three most popular mutants in the franchise.
    It is actually. The movies don't do anything to make anyone like him. But hate him? Why? What does he do to garner that?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    It is actually. The movies don't do anything to make anyone like him. But hate him? Why? What does he do to garner that?
    Said right there.

the guy who stands between Logan and Jean.

He is the stiff guy of a romantic comedy that is going to marry the girl that the protagonist loves. People hate him because he stands between Logan and his happy ending. And he doesn't do much more in the movies.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Ironically, James Mardsen ended up playing a similar role in Superman Returns and in The Notebook. Then Westworld did it again, this time very much intentionally and almost a wink, wink to the audience.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ermac View Post
    I'll tell you guys something... I am really sick of how JDW talks about "Cyclops fans".

I count myself among those who dislikes how the character was treated since the Schism, specially after AvsX when every issue we had at least one line of Cyke-bashing. What annoyed me the most was because it was extremely out-of-character having Storm or Iceman condemning him while working with Wolverine or Tony Stark. (Remember when Storm was supposed to be the edgy leader? Claremont, anyone?)

Also, I really appreciate the character arc he went since Messiah Complex to become leader of the mutant race when nobody stepped up. He didn't ask for it but became a good leader in Utopia and saved the mutant race from exctintion. He went too heavy on AvsX, of course, but guess what... it worked and mutantkind was back! It simply doesn't make sense to have child-killer Wolverine condemning him for having x-kids fight

If I wasn't convinced that he was a villain (not more than Wolverine or Cap America or Tony Stark) it was because the writers were not competent enough. It felt like they were trying to shove down my throat that he was NEW MAGNETO when he cleary was not. There simply wasn't good in-story reasons for that claim.

Now after all of that, we have Xavier and Magneto on Krakoa being 100% more extreme than Cyke ever was and nobody questions if they are villains or whatever. Just another sign that it never made sense to have a whole decade of Cyclops-bashing.

Having said that, not buying that stuff makes me a "fanatic fanboy" in JDW eyes? That hurts my feelings and makes me not wanna consume Marvel stuff anymore.
    What did he do this time?

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    Ironically, James Mardsen ended up playing a similar role in Superman Returns and in The Notebook. Then Westworld did it again, this time very much intentionally and almost a wink, wink to the audience.
    At this point, I'm sure Sonic is going to **** James Mardsen's girlfriend in his movie.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    Poor guy. FoX-men ruined his career.

Shipping, pure and simple. Trust me there is nothing more deep about it than that.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

BANNED

At this point, I'm sure Sonic is going to **** James Marsden's girlfriend in his movie.
    I think he's divorced in that movie.

Quote Originally Posted by AHRNIHAL View Post
    I think he's divorced in that movie.
    It's irrelevant, it's like Sean Bean and dying.

It's irrelevant, it's like Sean Bean and dying.
    To be fair there is a couple of movies where he doesn't die, maybe this is the one for Marsden.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona