Page 139 of 259 FirstFirst ... 3989129135136137138139140141142143149189239 ... LastLast
Results 2,071 to 2,085 of 3875

Quote Originally Posted by Morgoth View Post
    WTF is this ****? Damian was not in Future State for this?

Extraordinary Member

Wow did do is a monster he really beloved people can’t escape their destiny this is sickening

I always wanted a Damian as Ra's al Ghul storyline - but only as an Elseworld or something.

This flaming dumpster fire was definitely not something I would've wanted to see in main continuity. Anyone can see how hard the kid battles against his upbringing - and to just make him lose that battle and run back to the Dark Side is insulting.
    "What is better? To be born good or to overcome your evil nature through great effort?" ~ Paarthurnax

Didn’t we already figure out that was the plan. I remember saying I thought he was gonna be the Magistrate, cause they were obviously leading to him being a big bad for their 5G new legacy picks. Now he wasn’t the Magistrate but it was clear they were building him to be something along those lines. Its easy to get what they were doing. It’s dumb, and a waste of Damian, but it wasn’t about Damian. It’s about what Damian as bad guy can do for the 5G picks, and how triumphing over him and his legacy could help substantiate them.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 07-21-2021 at 02:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shen View Post
    I always wanted a Damian as Ra's al Ghul storyline - but only as an Elseworld or something.
    Is not what we had in Batman Beyond?
    batmanbeyond damian ra´s.jpg

Astonishing Member

By the way, I remember Bendis stated, that Damian was supposed to be a big part of original Checkmate story, so, it seems like it's one the reasons why they had to delay and rewrite it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Didn’t we already figure out that was the plan. I remember saying I thought he was gonna be the Magistrate, cause they were obviously leading to him being a big bad for their 5G new legacy picks. Now he wasn’t the Magistrate but it was clear they were building him to be something along those lines. Its easy to get what they were doing. It’s dumb, and a waste of Damian, but it wasn’t about Damian. It’s about what Damian as bad guy can do for the 5G picks, and how triumphing over him and his legacy could help substantiate them.
    I think Magistrate is some sort of his replacement, Tynion mentioned, that he created it for Future State and Infinity Frontier.

And also, an adult Damian as a sudo Magneto type isn’t necessarily even the worse idea. With the proper motivations behind it they could make that work with out completely throwing away the Damian we know. An adult Damian doesn’t have to agree with his father and follow in his exact path or way of doing things. Like he thought he wanted as a child. And the same is true with his mother and grandfather. He doesn’t have to agree with everything about them and how they do things, but at the same time he doesn’t need to disagree with all that either. Problem is when their motivations with him become about getting others over, and their idea of a him as a Magneto type turns into an evil bad guy compared to Hitler.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 07-21-2021 at 10:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    And also, an adult Damian as a sudo Magneto type isn’t necessarily even the worse idea. With the proper motivations behind it they could make that work with out completely throwing away the Damian we know. An adult Damian doesn’t have to agree with his father and follow in his exact path or way of doing thing. Like he thought he wanted as a child. And the same is true with his mother and grandfather. He doesn’t have to agree with everything about them and how they do things, but at the same time he doesn’t need to disagree with all that either. Problem is when their motivations with him become about getting others over, and their idea of a him as a Magneto type turns into an evil bad guy compared to Hitler.
    That's what irks me. I don't trust DC enough to portray him as someone like Magneto.

The concept is growing on me, I like the different conflicts that are possible - except the part I'm sure would've been canon (Jace/Tim Fox vs Ra's al Damian - and 'Putting Damian in his place')

In fact, I've been waiting weeks for a specific fanfiction Author to publish a story were Damian takes over the LoA and redefines what it means to be Ra's. I think he'll be of more use to the world with the goal of saving the earth with the considerable resources of the league. I just don't like Di Dio's version of it.
    Last edited by Shen; 07-21-2021 at 08:36 AM.
    "What is better? To be born good or to overcome your evil nature through great effort?" ~ Paarthurnax

Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post
    Is not what we had in Batman Beyond?
    batmanbeyond damian ra´s.jpg
    Yupp, but I wanted to see it unfold from Damian's POV. What were his thoughts, choices, sacrifices etc. I wanted to see it more in-depth.

I loved Beyond because of Damian in it, but I'm greedy - I wanted more XD

I wonder how long ago was this planned? Looking back, everything since Rebirth kinds fits this direction, no? Damian thinks that Bruce's methods don't work and starts his Teen Titans run where he imprisons villains. Eventually he kills and falls out with Bruce for good, even renounces Robin's title. On the other side he forms a close friendship with Jon, that ends up being "broken" due to Jon's age up.

I'm not a big fan of the concept, but... it certainly would feel different and new instead of doing another round of redemption like we have now.

When I think about Damian going back to LoA I think it can happens just because he already has nothing in Gotham, I don't want this to happens, but what Damian got by staying with the good guys? For me Bruce doing Fox the new Batman could be the last drop. Also I think Damian can't see he can be whatever he wants, it's "I want my father approvals so bad, but if I don't, get my oooonly option is staying with the League", and create a new identity as Dick or Jason did for example is out of menu.
    *it was what happened in movie animations, without Bruce, Dick and Alfred he went to LoA, in place of stay with the other heroes in EUA.

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    I wonder how long ago was this planned? Looking back, everything since Rebirth kinds fits this direction, no? Damian thinks that Bruce's methods don't work and starts his Teen Titans run where he imprisons villains. Eventually he kills and falls out with Bruce for good, even renounces Robin's title. On the other side he forms a close friendship with Jon, that ends up being "broken" due to Jon's age up.

I'm not a big fan of the concept, but... it certainly would feel different and new instead of doing another round of redemption like we have now.
    I don't think this was the plan at the start of Rebirth in 2016, the Rebirth branding ended in 2018 when Didio took over and that was the time a lot of things went wrong with the batfamily. In just a few months Bruce beat Jason half to death, Damian got his Suicide Squad for children which was just a ploy to kick him out of the Robin mantle and to make him a villain and of course we got our beloved Ric Grayson. Pretty sure Glass confirmed at some point that he had been told how Damian was supposed to end up before getting the book and that he wrote his story with that goal in mind, so this was probably planned in 2018.

I don't think it would be all that exciting. We had tons of evil Batmen in recent years. Ra's has been around since the 70s and DC hasn't written him all that well for a long time now. Combining those two things and putting Damian's name on it is not gonna make it new. The story would have probably started with Damian already having found a way to be Ra's 2.0 but actually successful without ever exploring how that happened and then DC would have jumped straight into Damian being a tyrant for Jon and Luke/Tim to beat.
    DC hasn't published anything in recent years that would make me believe that they could pull this off without completely ruining everything that was great about the character.

Quote Originally Posted by Rebeca Armus View Post
    When I think about Damian going back to LoA I think it can happens just because he already has nothing in Gotham, I don't want this to happens, but what Damian got by staying with the good guys? For me Bruce doing Fox the new Batman could be the last drop. Also I think Damian can't see he can be whatever he wants, it's "I want my father approvals so bad, but if I don't, get my oooonly option is staying with the League", and create a new identity as Dick or Jason did for example is out of menu.
    *it was what happened in movie animations, without Bruce, Dick and Alfred he went to LoA, in place of stay with the other heroes in EUA.
    It has been some time since I followed Williamson's interviews since I simply can't get into his writing and thus don't like the Robin book, but last time I checked he said Damian would return to Gotham after Fear State, that he would be mainly focused on his father and that there is no reason for Damian to interact with Tim Fox right out the gate. Make of that what you will.

He also said in another interview that Damian would be part of the batfamily again and honestly, I don't see what's wrong with just letting Damian be Robin and go on missions with his family members for a change. Just let him do regular hero missions for one or two short arcs before worrying about his distant future for the nth time. Let Damian exist in the present.

Incredible Member Light of Justice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Astralabius View Post
    I don't think this was the plan at the start of Rebirth in 2016, the Rebirth branding ended in 2018 when Didio took over and that was the time a lot of things went wrong with the batfamily. In just a few months Bruce beat Jason half to death, Damian got his Suicide Squad for children which was just a ploy to kick him out of the Robin mantle and to make him a villain and of course we got our beloved Ric Grayson. Pretty sure Glass confirmed at some point that he had been told how Damian was supposed to end up before getting the book and that he wrote his story with that goal in mind, so this was probably planned in 2018.
    Just thinking why Jace Fox is the one to be Batman in Jon's side when Dick, Jason, and Tim exist, this passage made me realized how Batfamily totally got fucked up after No Justice.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Astralabius View Post
    I I don't see what's wrong with just letting Damian be Robin and go on missions with his family members for a change. Just let him do regular hero missions for one or two short arcs before worrying about his distant future for the nth time. Let Damian exist in the present.
    Honestly, that time with the Arkham Knight story with Damian actually being Batman's sidekick was pretty nice.

There really needs more Batman and Robin team ups. Along with him hanging out with the Bat family more.

But hey, the issue 5 of Robin is going to give us all the robins back together. The four robins wanting to bring Damian back to Gotham, the kid refuses and turns into a rumble.