Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Will this series pick up where the last Marvel Conan series ended, or will it be a total reboot?

I hope we are getting original stories and not adaptation of Robert E. Howard Conan stories which have been done umpteen times.

Based Asrar's work in X-Men: Red, I don't think he is a good fit for Conan, but we shall see.

Since Jason Aaron is writing... I wonder how many issues it will takes for Bêlit or Valeria to pick up the Savage Sword of Conan and become Conan The Female Barbarian... just joking!

Amazing Member

I have to say I loved dark horses handling of Conan, they did it magnificently. Hopefully nothing stupid is tried. Conan has a hardcore following it’s hard to imagine marvel doing anything crazy with him.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Miller View Post
    Aaron has read All the conan canon, so no worries.

Now if this gets him to leave Thor, too much on his plate, and he has a good ending, ill be happy as he is running out of steam on that book, and its time for a new team.

When Asrar needs a break, i suggest the Kuberts, tomas giarello, and if he is ok and wants back in the spotlight, BWS

Imagine the pressure on Aaron when/if he learns he has to write a story for BWS to bring to life...
    Already in the cards, no?

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Miller View Post
    Aaron has read All the conan canon, so no worries.

Now if this gets him to leave Thor, too much on his plate, and he has a good ending, ill be happy as he is running out of steam on that book, and its time for a new team.

When Asrar needs a break, i suggest the Kuberts, tomas giarello, and if he is ok and wants back in the spotlight, BWS

Imagine the pressure on Aaron when/if he learns he has to write a story for BWS to bring to life...
    What would be considered Conan canon other than Howard's books? Aaron didn't read Thor canon before he worked on Thor. Why would anyone think he read Conan's.

Quote Originally Posted by nnelg View Post
    What would be considered Conan canon other than Howard's books? Aaron didn't read Thor canon before he worked on Thor. Why would anyone think he read Conan's.
    On the off chance that you are being serious...

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bd3NMK1B...-by=jasonaaron

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    On the off chance that you are being serious...

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bd3NMK1B...-by=jasonaaron
    I am being serious.

Astonishing Member

Considerating the stories of Thor that Jason Aaron wrote i think curently he is the best choice to be in the writing duties of the new Conan stories.
    Art wise this new comic book is made of win as well,with Esad Ribic on the covers and i read X-men Red that is illustrated by Asrar that i thought was well illustrated so i am intrigued to read now the Conan stories illustrated by him.

Mighty Member

Aaron was kind of the only choice for this. He's the best candidate in my mind. I like that Marvel didn't try to outsmart themselves and were ok with going with the obvious choice.

I have a bookshelf that looks a lot like the one in Aaron's picture.. it makes me happy to see he's a fan just like I am.

I'm in the camp that doesn't want the Howard stories retold again. As much as I love them, they are in the same category as a Batman origin and clones for Spider-Man... I've read that story enough times, I don't want another go round with them.

Fantastic Member

I really enjoyed reading Conan the Barbarian , Savage Sword and Saga & Conan the Savage . Still got all comics and mini series and one shots . But sold all the magazine a couple of years ago . Never read any of the Dark Horse Series thou . Often thought about collecting them but never did . This new series will be added to my pull list for sure can't wait .

Astonishing Member Gambit, King of Thieves's Avatar

changed my mind about saying something but can't delete a post
    Cyclops was SO DAMN RIGHT, BABY
    Pull list: X-23, Mr. & Mrs. X, Extermination, Spider-Gwen: Ghost Spider, Uncanny X-Men
    Have been informed that the Black Swans are "only seeking female members, but thank you very much for your time"

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel22 View Post
    Aaron was kind of the only choice for this. He's the best candidate in my mind. I like that Marvel didn't try to outsmart themselves and were ok with going with the obvious choice.

I have a bookshelf that looks a lot like the one in Aaron's picture.. it makes me happy to see he's a fan just like I am.

I'm in the camp that doesn't want the Howard stories retold again. As much as I love them, they are in the same category as a Batman origin and clones for Spider-Man... I've read that story enough times, I don't want another go round with them.
    About how I feel. Anyone who is up to speed on Aaron know that he has read the books and is a fan. The title could be in far worse hands.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    About how I feel. Anyone who is up to speed on Aaron know that he has read the books and is a fan. The title could be in far worse hands.
    Just the fact that he's on it tells me he is a fan. He's one of the top writers at Marvel (and in the industry, period) and I'm sure he has his choice of plenty of projects. It's not like Conan is going to set sales records or anything, so there's no reason to for him to take it OTHER than just being a fan and wanting to write it.

I'm super pumped for him to just let loose and hit us with a bit of the ol ultra violence.

Amen to that! Conan was the Punisher and Wolverine before they were even thought of. Look forward to some heavy duty son of Crom slaying.
    Years before Kal-El ever landed from Space; tales were told of the ultimate warrior/hero; Conan the Barbarian!

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis Dad View Post
    Amen to that! Conan was the Punisher and Wolverine before they were even thought of. Look forward to some heavy duty son of Crom slaying.
    Me too... I hope he just keeps it simple and to its roots. Conan, a temporary band of rogues he gets involved with, a woman who is beautiful as she is deadly (or a forbidden daughter of the king, either way), some Stygian sorcery and lots and lots of violence... It's a formula, sure, but sometimes formulas work just fine.